Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Customize Start Screen

This is not a new idea, but I haven't found any practical reply to it, so I think it needs to be repeated. I completely agree with Rennestein (screen capture below), we need to stop seeing irrelevant suggestions because it is annoying. Why can't it be possible to decide what we first see when we open Spotify on any device? (playlists, recently played, artists we're following, etc), and enjoy better our Spotify experience?
Please Spotify, let us have the home screen as we'd like. :)) Thank you!
SPOTIFY customize screen.JPG

Updated on 2023-02-23

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Update from the 23rd of Feb 2023:

A new feature was recently introduced in the mobile app which you may find interesting as it allows users to remove content recommendations from the subfeeds (Music and Podcasts & Shows) of their Home screen, thus expanding upon the current customization options and offering a improved, more personalized experience. You can find more info about it in the Status update here.

Thanks.
Comments
snowbutterfly

@tsbayne Sigh. Bitter pill, indeed.

I'm surprised that Apple Music makes any cut (this coming from a life-long Apple enthusiast), but I can understand why compared to something like Amazon Music. Thanks for the reply and recommendation! 🙂

uv-ox8d_ed6l
I am on a 3-month trial of Tidal
The iser experience and (cough) interface is what I need.
The quality and fees are higher.
Yet the library (on the classical music, at least) do not seem to be on par.
Spotify has the edge on this area.

90 days of free trial remaining.
Yet to decide between less than 9$ a month or more than that 🙂
qxfxsx

I give Spotify three months, if they did not implement this functionality, I will cancel it. The constant changes are making it worse. I think Spotify does it on purpose, either because of covert advertising or because it promotes easy-to-do content. Podcasts are like reality TV shows.

marnickg

I have a rather annoying show on my homescreen. I listened once to the show but since then (its been more then 2 months) the show still appears on my homescreen.

Ive asked an emplyee via chat if it could be removed, well it cannot.

I then suggested to make a huge quality of life upgrade by allowing users to delete tiles from their homescreen, she advised me to post it on the community board so here we are.

With kind regards, Marnick

Eclipse_31

Couldn't agree more!

One common complaint I keep on seeing around in these parts is that Spotify needs a major rehaul in UI. If this idea comes to fruition, it just might be one little step to it. I'm a sucker for any sort of app that lets the user have as much control as possible.

I hate how politically charged/corporate a lot of music these days has become. Sometimes it feels more like I'm watching an afterschool special than logging onto a music streaming platform. I'm not into any other alternatives because they don't really have the music I like (rock and instrumental stuff). It would be breathtaking to let the user see recommendations based on what kinds of music they want to listen to, not whatever Spotify thinks is hip, current, and happening.

metal_man

Spotify should really allow (at least paying) users to arrange tiles on their home screen as they see fit. I literally have never listened to a podcast, nor am I planning on doing so any time soon. But the second row of tiles on my desktop and mobile app is fully taken by podcasts.

Until this gets fixed, I just go immediately go to my library totally ignoring my home screen (which is filled with stuff I'll never listen too as well) I am a diehard metal fan and they keep feeding me summer hits, happy tunes and **bleep** from the netherlands (ok I live there, but the music (if one could call it that) really, really s*cks)

Sad, they do have a huge database of music which I like, but this kind of **bleep**, I can do without.

emunahrose

please pay attention to this request. thanks. 

heheheheheheha

SPOTIFY IS DIRECTLY REQUESTING FEEDBACK ON PODCASTS TODAY!!!! LET THEM KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS!!!

Opinions on Podcasts - The Spotify Community

juniorz

Why would you treat us, PAYING customers this way!!!

Shame on you that something as simple as giving us the ability to change our home screen has been blocked by you. We know is a podcast thing that you wanna monetize, but why do it at the expense of the ones that month by month pay for your service? It is almost inmoral!

1WaywardSon1

I must say I don't listen even the ones I normally would listen to because of the forced ad on your home screen. Let us have control in some way. Even if you don't want us to completely turn off podcast recommendations, at least give us the option to dislike/hide some of them so we won't see the same despicable podcasts which we don't like. 

It's so baffling how you don't offer this already.