Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Customize Start Screen

This is not a new idea, but I haven't found any practical reply to it, so I think it needs to be repeated. I completely agree with Rennestein (screen capture below), we need to stop seeing irrelevant suggestions because it is annoying. Why can't it be possible to decide what we first see when we open Spotify on any device? (playlists, recently played, artists we're following, etc), and enjoy better our Spotify experience?
Please Spotify, let us have the home screen as we'd like. :)) Thank you!
SPOTIFY customize screen.JPG

Updated on 2023-02-23

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Update from the 23rd of Feb 2023:

A new feature was recently introduced in the mobile app which you may find interesting as it allows users to remove content recommendations from the subfeeds (Music and Podcasts & Shows) of their Home screen, thus expanding upon the current customization options and offering a improved, more personalized experience. You can find more info about it in the Status update here.

Thanks.
Comments
darubaru

I already became a Deezer member and imported my playlists. Currently liking and disliking songs to build a decent user database... Soon i will uninstall this s**t totally out... Hope they become extinct and start begging and offering free memberships and what not. A**h***s.

_chris_w

I would like to clear up podcasts that I don't find interesting anymore and no longer want to listen to, but they're still at the top of recommended next episodes. I don't care for these content creators anymore and would enjoy it if the spotify app understood that.

Dac1984

It's irritating to see two podcasts under the header of "Your Shows" that I haven't listened to in over a year and have no interest in at all. I don't listen to podcasts. I don't want them to be stuck on my home screen. I've even tried marking the outstanding episodes as listened to but to no avail. 

littlejimmi

I'm here (like everyone else) because I'm stuck with a bunch of random podcasts filling the majority of my home screen. I don't use Spotify for podcasts. The UI of the homescreen could be used for helpful music navigation but instead I'm forced to look at a bunch of nonsense that serves no purpose to me.

This seems like an on the nose product choice rather than an oversight. I think it's pretty obvious that Spotify is trying to push more people to use the platform for podcasting. It's like trying to sell a satellite radio service in a car so you put the infotainment in the middle of the windshield.

I've seen some silly product choices over the years but this is the only one that has me thinking about leaving. Let me choose how I use your product that I pay you for.

krew

Need to adress the new home screen the old one was better or if you feel like to still have it please make the option to disabled the function for those who dont want it

ladiechilde

This is my primary issue, especially with all the podcasts and now audiobooks—none of which I can hide, and there are constant recommendations for extremely triggering content for many people. If we’re able to choose not to play certain artists or songs, why isn’t this an option for all other content? It’s simply illogical and Spotify thinking this isn’t a priority honestly blows my mind. I’ve been complaining for years. I just tried to hide a book whose title was triggering, but I’m stuck with it because apparently it’s a popular book and that’s more important than individual UX. Spotify, please get on this. 

darubaru

I use TuneMyMusic.com to import all my liked music from Youtube and from Spotify to Deezer. Recommendations are already making sense, Deezer's machine learning is good.

darubaru

There was at least a couple personalized links left on the home screen (like time capsule and repeat/rewind). Now they are also gone. Home screen is totally useless for me. I directly tap on "my library" when i open the app.

Dac1984

If I use TuneMyMusic to import from Spotify to Deezer does it wipe it from Spotify? 

MrBue

@Darubaru: What new home screen are you talking about? Nothing has changed yet for me on iOS.