Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Customize Start Screen

This is not a new idea, but I haven't found any practical reply to it, so I think it needs to be repeated. I completely agree with Rennestein (screen capture below), we need to stop seeing irrelevant suggestions because it is annoying. Why can't it be possible to decide what we first see when we open Spotify on any device? (playlists, recently played, artists we're following, etc), and enjoy better our Spotify experience?
Please Spotify, let us have the home screen as we'd like. :)) Thank you!
SPOTIFY customize screen.JPG

Updated on 2023-02-23

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Update from the 23rd of Feb 2023:

A new feature was recently introduced in the mobile app which you may find interesting as it allows users to remove content recommendations from the subfeeds (Music and Podcasts & Shows) of their Home screen, thus expanding upon the current customization options and offering a improved, more personalized experience. You can find more info about it in the Status update here.

Thanks.
Comments
kccrunch

If you don't let us customize the home page, I'm dumping our family plan for Amazon or Apple Music.  I don't need you shoving content in my kids' faces when I PAY for premium to avoid advertising.  I've turned off all "suggestions" in the settings yet you still drop **bleep** on all of our home pages.  You've put murder podcasts on our 13 year old's home page. Ridiculous.

Helleusername

All this forced advertising for things I don't care about. It's literally cancer spreading through an app that was really great once. Always trying to milik every cent out of the Community, kinda disappointing.

frugen

Having podcasts at the top of the home screen is incredibly annoying when using Android Auto. I have to scroll past so much in order to see anything I want to actually listen to in the car. I'm seriously looking at alternatives because of this alone. The total lack of customization of anything on the home screen is baffling.

jhafel

Submitted in 2018....More than 10,000 upvotes...... "Not right now".... This is probably one of the most annoying things about Spotify. I listen to one podcast episode and my home screen starts pushing that OVER the ones I follow. Please add this

jwhat

Please make all these podcast recommendations go away.

disseminate

I am so sick of seeing Jordan Peterson and Joe Rogan podcasts recommended to me. I have no interest in that garbage. I will never listen to them and they make my Spotify experience worse given that I'm not recommended podcasts I have any interest in.

Until I can ignore these it's pointless for me to even attempt to discover podcasts on the platform given these take up all the slots.

disseminate

Are you guys actively alt-right? Based on what you're pushing in my face every time I open the app, I've made the conclusion that you've accepted funding from politically-charged sources.

stkiel

I completely agree with the OP. I pay the monthly fee to remove ads. And these irrelevant podcast recommendations are unsolicited ads. Sometimes, there're even recommendations for podcasts in the language I don't know. 

I'm thinking about cancelling my subscription. This is probably a silly reason to quit but these recommendations are the first thing thrown into my face every time I open the app day in and day out. My resentment accumulates accordingly, and I'm getting ready to fly off. 

If anyone can suggest any alternatives, I'm all ears!

guypeterson

Its BS that we don't have control over this as premium users. This is another form of advertising.

ndvalla

Recommendation for minimum requirement: give users the ability to remove titles they are not interested in.