Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Customize Start Screen

This is not a new idea, but I haven't found any practical reply to it, so I think it needs to be repeated. I completely agree with Rennestein (screen capture below), we need to stop seeing irrelevant suggestions because it is annoying. Why can't it be possible to decide what we first see when we open Spotify on any device? (playlists, recently played, artists we're following, etc), and enjoy better our Spotify experience?
Please Spotify, let us have the home screen as we'd like. :)) Thank you!
SPOTIFY customize screen.JPG

Updated on 2023-02-23

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Update from the 23rd of Feb 2023:

A new feature was recently introduced in the mobile app which you may find interesting as it allows users to remove content recommendations from the subfeeds (Music and Podcasts & Shows) of their Home screen, thus expanding upon the current customization options and offering a improved, more personalized experience. You can find more info about it in the Status update here.

Thanks.
Comments
31qvo4rcyi73do4ltnpb

Not going to lie, I looked up some things I don't want my wife, friends, and kids to know I looked at. I realize now that there is a private browsing option, but, too late. Now every time I open Spotify (on my computer, in my car, etc.) anyone nearby is greeted with some things I really don't want them to see. Why in the world can't I remove these items from "Your shows", "Recently played", and the "Good morning" section?  

pls spotify make this, your homescreen is such a bad joke and insulting to your paying users

Ltxgas1

I let one of my kids listen to music using my phone, now spotify keeps suggesting me to listen to that music and making "made for you" lists. It is frustrating that I can't remove that music from my  main screeen. Seems like it should be an easy thing to do.

gotmehigh

I've had the same song and artist suggestion for over 4 months now and I'm sick of it. Please fix this nonsense.

htdg

Two times i listened to a podcast and it was horrible and i am kind of ashamed of it showing up in my home screen but even though it's been weeks since i listened it still shows up always. I am listening to 10 other podcasts regularly that i'd rather have in my home screen yet this shitty thing keeps showing up.

WHY?

arte_nm

Marked as Not Now, then when. How many likes does it have to reach when you actually do some requests?

its like this whole forum is just for people to have illusion that they're being listened. 

6,500 employees. Which around 1k is Engineers and developers.
Nearly 200 million premium subscribers.

and no matter what issue is being reported, nothing is done. Same bugs that are reported since like 2013, are still here. Every time you install app on the Windows OS, same thing happens - when you open the app with the shortcut, it reinstalls it. What is this forum for?

mbenak
The keyword is "200 million".

As long as they collect enormous amount every month, they don't care
about our complaints. Simple as that.

This will never be implemented. They don't want and don't need to
implement it.

arte_nm

I created similar issue listing all those that I found with one google search. 

Please visit and upovote

horseflaps

Just gonna cancel my membership and go back to piracy, never had this problem with a folder of mp3 files

GLK85

I'm literally not going to renew my account because of this. Assuming I listen to the same genres as the majority in my country is racist.