Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS][Other] Going back on queue

Something that has always frustrated me about the queue on Spotify is how you cannot go back to a song after it’s been played on the queue. Sometimes I just want to go back to a song I played on the queue but instead it plays the song or album that I started playing before I started my queue. I don’t want to have to make a playlist for when I just want to listen to a couple albums or a couple songs I know I like. I really hope this can change.

Updated on 2021-06-15

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Jose_M
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-03-23

Hello @Ben_Ashmore!

It looks like your idea was posted a while ago but, unfortunately, it hasn't gathered the minimum amount of votes to stay active in the Ideas Exchange (50 votes in the first 3 months). I'll mark your idea as "Closed - Not Enough Votes". You can learn more on how the Ideas Exchange works here.

Have a nice day 🙂

d-roam

This is how listening history should have been implemented. Go to your queue, and you can scroll up (or hit the “skip back” button) to go up past the current song and revisit previously played songs. 

Himath

Or basically, add a tab for recently played songs. I think they are going to add a feature like this. 🙂

Thegogodoll

Must be fairly easy to make go back in que. it’s a must 

Furax75

Guys, there’s a “recently played tab” now in the app. This is solved.

4F8A1917-6D18-40E2-B2C4-8412F21DC747.jpeg

pizzicatoiv

it's really not solved by recently played. The back button goes to the previous track in "Now Playing," skipping the tracks that were added to "recently played tab" by the queue. 

gabrielfemateus

Totally agree, songs played should stay in queue till I change the queue (by changing the album or playlist playing) or manually remove them. Queue already works that way in other streamings and it definitely works better.

As we talk about queue it'd be awesome to have how to put a song at the end of it not just as "play next".

Finally I don't get why I can't put a playlist on queue, I can put songs, álbuns, PODCASTS but not a playlist????

Jacob
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2021-05-20

Your suggestion has at least 50 votes in 3 months! Keep gathering votes. If this idea gets enough votes, Spotify will check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

Mihail
Status changed to: Live Idea

Updated on 2021-06-15

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

GeeKae

I am truly baffled that this feature has not been added.
It’s one of the main reasons that I prefer Apple Music over Spotify.