Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Siri Shortcuts Support

PREFACE:

With the release of iOS 12, iPhone users can now utilize Shortcuts to make the most of their daily routines by automating tasks and steps in both native and third party apps. Currently, the extent to which Spotify can be utilized via Shortcuts is to simply Open App.

IDEA:

I wish to see more options and a wider scope of utility of Spotify in Shortcuts to the capacity of playing specific playlists when I leave my home, and adding the current song to a new custom playlist that I can name, or even copying a song link to a tweet. I know the Shortcut app would be capable of handling a workflow along those lines but it seems it would require a bit more generosity from the Spotify app.

MODERATORS:

Please note that this is NOT the same idea requested here considering that post is requesting for "Siri Integration" not "Shortcut Support". In addition, this idea is no longer an announcement as prefaced here and is now a public feature in iOS 12 as of Monday (9/17).

Updated on 2018-12-06

Hey folks, Spotify staff here.

We wanted to post an update as this idea has reached over 500 votes from our users.

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.

We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance. The best place to keep an eye on is our blog for news updates about any such partnerships.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas and give us feedback in our Idea Exchange.

Comments
hhkam8c-1_pu

Yes! Do it! 👍🏻

victimvikram

Please Spotify, add this feature

cdcooksey

Im commenting here for the first time to add my voice to the list of paid Spotify subscribers that desperately want Siri Shortcuts in Spotify. I love your service, but continuing to put off iOS voice controls in some form will make me cancel in favor of Apple Music. I’d rather not, but I will.  

Norrisr4
I’ve already cancelled and switched to Apple. Better deal for artists ultimately.
nopenope1

Just got a car with CarPlay and as nice as it is to use either Spotify or Apple Music, the best and safest thing to do is to tell Siri I want to hear a song without fiddling with the radio. The command for Aple Music is “Hey Siri, play Toto - Africa” it would be cool if Spotify could work like “Hey Siri, Spotify Toto - Africa”. 

It would be cool to hear an official response from Spotify staff that this is something they’re working on, otherwise I’m looking at playlist migration software to Apple Music. 😞

EpicWizard

This is absolutely ridiculous that we have to ask for this. It's only a matter of time until there's a better option than Spotify if they don't continue to develop instead of strip their service.

EpicWizard

I'll begin to test out the competitors again. Spotify can't blame Apple anymore.

simivar

Spotify, c’mon

jakubpesaa

It is not clear whether this idea is for Siri Shortcuts (making your own commands for Siri to do things in app, like playing a playlist or a song) or whether it is for Shortcuts app (making macros like "start playing XYZ playlist when I arrive home"). I would appriciate both, but Siri Shortcuts is more useful I would say.

dhtcaljgqr9btmr

love this idea, would be happy to see it progress !!