Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Siri Shortcuts Support

PREFACE:

With the release of iOS 12, iPhone users can now utilize Shortcuts to make the most of their daily routines by automating tasks and steps in both native and third party apps. Currently, the extent to which Spotify can be utilized via Shortcuts is to simply Open App.

IDEA:

I wish to see more options and a wider scope of utility of Spotify in Shortcuts to the capacity of playing specific playlists when I leave my home, and adding the current song to a new custom playlist that I can name, or even copying a song link to a tweet. I know the Shortcut app would be capable of handling a workflow along those lines but it seems it would require a bit more generosity from the Spotify app.

MODERATORS:

Please note that this is NOT the same idea requested here considering that post is requesting for "Siri Integration" not "Shortcut Support". In addition, this idea is no longer an announcement as prefaced here and is now a public feature in iOS 12 as of Monday (9/17).

Updated on 2018-12-06

Hey folks, Spotify staff here.

We wanted to post an update as this idea has reached over 500 votes from our users.

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.

We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance. The best place to keep an eye on is our blog for news updates about any such partnerships.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas and give us feedback in our Idea Exchange.

Comments
ItzCoolbro

I need this!!

Pertan

I really hope this becomes reality soon!

Valle641

PLEASE add this. It would help so much. For example in my morning routine, I would play a specific song or playlist to get ready for work. And when I’m going to work the music would autoplay form a specific playlist. PLEASE ADD THIS!

mattaningram

This is one of those features that if Spotify does not implement very soon (Pandora already has it), I am seriously considering switching to Apple Music. It feels like we Premium users haven't gotten any new features or proper Apple integration (where's the Apple Watch app?) in ages. If anything Spotify removes features more often than adds them.

Gives us shortcuts Spotify, or we are leaving.

ethinker

I’m not sure why this is not happening yet!

All major applications have implemented already.

It’s finally possible for Spotify to communicate with Siri through Shortcuts so it’s really weird that Spotify is not supporting it.

ParentalControl

For now, I found this on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/shortcuts/comments/9h5aj6/control_spotify_with_siri/

and this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/shortcuts/comments/9gzhk9/launch_spotify_right_into_the_voice_control/

IT would seem you can use the web api to sends URIs through the Shortcuts apps with some scripting.

ParentalControl

Spotify just need to create a shortcut that can be implemented in the spotify app. Thus we could just bypass all this having to create custom shortcuts. Seems like they are just a bit lazy.

mehighs323

+1  PLEASE add siri/shortcuts support for spotify to play all songs in library and a specific playlist.  This would be a great feature as its very used for shortcuts when leaving home etc.

Mustafa27

It’s true that Spotify needs some sort of app integration for IOS and it’s devices as other options are rather easier to go back to...the only thing i’d hate would be making a new playlists and song library on Itunes.

murkee

This is an absolute dealbreaker for me. Some of my smallest apps have shortcuts yet spotify does not?

A lack of support here will push me from the platform. The clock is ticking.