Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Siri Shortcuts Support

PREFACE:

With the release of iOS 12, iPhone users can now utilize Shortcuts to make the most of their daily routines by automating tasks and steps in both native and third party apps. Currently, the extent to which Spotify can be utilized via Shortcuts is to simply Open App.

IDEA:

I wish to see more options and a wider scope of utility of Spotify in Shortcuts to the capacity of playing specific playlists when I leave my home, and adding the current song to a new custom playlist that I can name, or even copying a song link to a tweet. I know the Shortcut app would be capable of handling a workflow along those lines but it seems it would require a bit more generosity from the Spotify app.

MODERATORS:

Please note that this is NOT the same idea requested here considering that post is requesting for "Siri Integration" not "Shortcut Support". In addition, this idea is no longer an announcement as prefaced here and is now a public feature in iOS 12 as of Monday (9/17).

Updated on 2018-12-06

Hey folks, Spotify staff here.

We wanted to post an update as this idea has reached over 500 votes from our users.

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.

We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance. The best place to keep an eye on is our blog for news updates about any such partnerships.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas and give us feedback in our Idea Exchange.

Comments
mehighs323
@murkee wrote:

This is an absolute dealbreaker for me. Some of my smallest apps have shortcuts yet spotify does not?

A lack of support here will push me from the platform. The clock is ticking.

I agree, I just switched from apple music to spotify and was loving it until i realized theres no shortcuts integration... tick tock

sezduck

Adding my support to this.  Spotify needs to work with Siri.  This is a safety feature, and is now considered to be a standard feature for iOS apps.

If we don't receive an update soon - and ETA for Siri integration - I will likely switch to Apple Music.  Losing one customer will likely not hurt Spotify, but I suspect that there are many of us who plan to do the same if necessary.  This could impact Spotify's subscriber base if it is not addressed.  Note: I am a paid subscriber with a family subscriptions.

kittet

+1

I want to tell Siri to find current playing song in radio and add it into my playlist on spotify 🙂

SohleBlatt54

Yes, I also wish Spotify would add support for Siri shirtcuts!

ParentalControl

If you have Spotify voice already use this siri shortcut in the mean time. It's safer then the other ones when it comes to privacy.

All this shortcut does is launch spotify to the Spotify voice mode useing a simple URI command execution.

spotify:voice-assistant

If you paste the above into search bar in mobile spotify it will activate voice assistant. That's basically what the below reddit shortcut helps you do.

https://www.reddit.com/r/shortcuts/comments/9gzhk9/launch_spotify_right_into_the_voice_control/

Keep in mine not eveyone has spotify voice yet but if you do this can be a quick simple solution 🙂 

If you don't have spotify voice try this one mentioned on reddit as well. This one uses Spotify Web API

https://www.reddit.com/r/shortcuts/comments/9h5aj6/control_spotify_with_siri/

mattaningram

If you have Spotify voice already use this siri shortcut.

Well I don't, because Spotify loves to tease us with features and then not give them to everyone for months on end.
Chumio

I don’t understand why Spotify is holding out on this? The only reason for switching back to Apple Music would be the intergration Apple have with the iOS, this feature will bring Spotify on par with Apple Music and would most definitely intice more subscriptions!!

kaive

yes!

d-roam

I just want to be able to say, "Hey Siri, play X on Spotify".

... where X could be...

• "the artist _____"
  • "the album _____ by _____"
  • "the song _____ by _____"
  • "my playlist called _____"

And of course, we need basic playback control:

• "Hey Siri, pause Spotify"
  • "Hey Siri, skip track in Spotify"
  • "Hey Siri, previous track in Spotify"

And finally, being able to say basic playback modes would be nice, like:

• "Hey Siri, turn shuffle on/off" (or, just say "on shuffle" at the end of an album/playlist request)
  • "Hey Siri, repeat current track/album/playlist" (or, just say "on repeat" at the end of a track/album/playlist request)

I'd be thrilled to just have those basic controls.

The icing on the cake would be if we could say things like...

• "Hey Siri, add current song to my Spotify library"
  • "Hey Siri, add current song to my Spotify playlist _____"
  • "Hey Siri, go to Spotify radio for the current song"
  • "Hey Siri, play _____ by _____ next" (i.e. "Hey Siri, add ____ by ____ to my queue")
mwiels

I would love the shortcut to shuffle all my favorite songs.