Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Siri Shortcuts Support

PREFACE:

With the release of iOS 12, iPhone users can now utilize Shortcuts to make the most of their daily routines by automating tasks and steps in both native and third party apps. Currently, the extent to which Spotify can be utilized via Shortcuts is to simply Open App.

IDEA:

I wish to see more options and a wider scope of utility of Spotify in Shortcuts to the capacity of playing specific playlists when I leave my home, and adding the current song to a new custom playlist that I can name, or even copying a song link to a tweet. I know the Shortcut app would be capable of handling a workflow along those lines but it seems it would require a bit more generosity from the Spotify app.

MODERATORS:

Please note that this is NOT the same idea requested here considering that post is requesting for "Siri Integration" not "Shortcut Support". In addition, this idea is no longer an announcement as prefaced here and is now a public feature in iOS 12 as of Monday (9/17).

Updated on 2018-12-06

Hey folks, Spotify staff here.

We wanted to post an update as this idea has reached over 500 votes from our users.

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.

We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance. The best place to keep an eye on is our blog for news updates about any such partnerships.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas and give us feedback in our Idea Exchange.

Comments
thomasbh

Deezer now features Siri shortcuts guys… I let you choose between Apple Music and Deezer, as Spotify doesn't seem to care about its users 🙂

neuromask

Ok, thanks slowlify for your updated, Im quit.

Deezer hello, then 🙂

Lbalcewich

Seems like a great idea

taedium

Please make this happen! I was baffled when Siri said she couldn't control spotify on my ipad. 

franque

This is disappointing, Spotify! Instead of tweaking the GUI all the time, embed a real killer feature on iOS!

eightbitape

I’ve added shortcuts to tons of my apps and it’s getting frustrating to not be able to do this with Spotify. Please add this

Joe03596

This is basic functionality that many other apps have implemented without delay (even apps with only one developer). There is absolutely NO reason why Spotify would not implement this immediately.

ChocoP0tat0

Agreed! I seriously hate that i cant ask siri to que a song through Spotify. I too am planning on switching soon to apple music if i cant use siri to queue music

jb_bryant

I find it absolutely hilarious and ironic that one of Spotify's knocks at Apple on their "unfair competition" is that they "won't let users control Spotify with Siri" even though they've provided a great way to do this with Siri shortcuts.

Quoted from Spotify:

"'Siri, can you play that awesome Spotify playlist?' Siri says no. And Siri still won’t talk to us today"

Complete bull. Spotify is the one refusing to add Siri support. Apple didn't have APIs for this in 2011 (Oct) in the Spotify timeline, but now they do. So stop complaining about something you can now implement, Spotify.

mosohodPeti

This would be pretty nice, but one of the reasons for this idea not being implemented may be this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8SShgWqJvg&t=8s