Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Free users hearing ads too frequently

Hey folks,

We're receiving reports from free users about receiving too many  ads.  The reports describe hearing at least 2-3 ads after each song while on free.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to add your +VOTE and follow the instructions in the Status Update below.

We'll be keeping everyone up to speed here, so make sure to Subscribe to this thread. 

Thanks! 

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
Mihail
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey everyone,

We've been working backstage on a fix for this. Can you please give it another go and check for the next 30 or so minutes if the ad frequency has normalized and get back to us saying how your experience was?

Thanks!

cozaar6

+ VOTE

Same here. Very frequent ads than usual. Also another important issue to report is that all these ads are for American Horror Story, which is absolutely creepy and kids inappropriate. I don't watch horror shows at all. I had to turn off spotify because the repeated Horror ads after every song created a nightmarish feeling. Please fix the ads frequency problem and remove creepy ads that are targeting users who absolutely don't want to hear them. 

TricksterSpirit

The FULL deinstall (deleted every trace) and new installation actually helped in my case (desktop version, Win 10, Germany)

cerreix

just tried out the app again and it doesn't play an ad after i skipped a song. pretty sure they fixed it now so woooo

AsherAshenclaw

Seems to be fixed.

Tato_Kamja

Definitely fixed on my end

Eni
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Eni

Hey @cerreix, @Hirathex and @friedrich34,

We'd like to further investigate the issue you mentioned about multiple video ads playing simultaneously, as that doesn't seem to be related to this Ongoing issue. In this case, we suggest that you post a new thread in the relevant help board here so we can look into this separately.

Also, the first that posts the thread, please share its link on this thread so the other users with the same issue can post their info there.

We'll keep an eye out for your posts.

Julian

Hey folks!

For @cerreix@Hirathex and @friedrich34 and any other user experiencing issues with multiple ads playing at the same time, we suggest that you head to this thread where other users reported the same issue. This will help us keep the reports about this specific issue in one place. 

Please make sure to post in there all relevant information you have so we can report this to the right team: 

• Troubleshooting steps tried so far
  • Device make/model & OS
  • Spotify app version
  • Screenshots with the issue

Have a great day! 

CarolineAndrus

As of yesterday (Aug 9) and possibly a few days earlier, I can listen to 2 songs before I hear 3 ads (2 are always the same, the last one changes.)

To preserve my sanity, I had to switch to using the Pandora music app instead...