Google Home Mini Promotion still trying to charge full price?

Solved!

Google Home Mini Promotion still trying to charge full price?

TheOnlyBirdy
Casual Listener

Plan

Premium Family

Country

US 

My Question or Issue

Hello:

Yesterday I recieved my email saying that my Google Home Mini was now available. When I follow the link, it brings me to the Google Store. Once I've selected the mini, and go into the checkout, it's still saying that I have to pay full price for the mini, with no apparent signs that the promo code has been applied.

I've looked up some of the other solutions on this website, but following the links provided, and trying to use incognito mode, both didn't work.

Thank you for your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

Elena

Hey folks,

We can see a lot of users are still visiting this page, we just wanted to flag that the Google Home Mini deal is now over in the US. 

We have a similar deal now available in Canada and the UK where users can grab a Google Nest Mini with a Premium subscription (Non-owner accounts of Premium plans like Duo and Family are not eligible).

For more details about the deal, you can head here.

We've now closed this thread, but check out our Ongoing issue if you have trouble with redeeming your device.

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

197 Replies

bgorse
Casual Listener

I am having the exact same problem, fill me in on fix as well please

Peter

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this. We're here to help 🙂

Could you make sure you have followed the following steps:

1. Log in to http://www.spotify.com/googlehome/redeem
  2. Select the colour of the device
  3. Click Buy?

Let us know how it goes! We'll be right here in case you have any further questions or queries.

PeterModerator

Myung
Visitor

I THINK THIS IS A SCAM!!!!!! I submitted to recieve the free google mini as a premium member. upon submission, I recieved confirmation of my request. I then got an email to link the Google Mini with my Spotify account to be able to use it when it arrived. I accepted all conditions of linking and it said that I was not eligible. I think this is a scam for Spotify to get access to all your Google account information.

Guido
Spotify Legend

Hey @Myung,

No worries, it's not a scam. But you do need to be eligible.

Check out my previous post for more info on how to get the Google Home mini.

Solution!

Elena

Hey folks,

We can see a lot of users are still visiting this page, we just wanted to flag that the Google Home Mini deal is now over in the US. 

We have a similar deal now available in Canada and the UK where users can grab a Google Nest Mini with a Premium subscription (Non-owner accounts of Premium plans like Duo and Family are not eligible).

For more details about the deal, you can head here.

We've now closed this thread, but check out our Ongoing issue if you have trouble with redeeming your device.

Cheers!

ElenaModerator

View solution in original post

educm2

Having the same issue

smoking_angels
Music Fan

I have been trying to redeem a free Mini since Nov. 20th, with multiple bad links from Spotify, multiple emails to Spotify support with very slow response only after repeated badgering, Google chat, Google support, this community and SpotifyCares. After Spotify dragged it's feet for 2 months the response I am getting now is that the offer is now over and there is nothing that can be done. The reason it has fallen to out of the offer period is because of the slow response from Spotify support.

It seems to me that Spotify made an offer and the offer didn't work, so Spotify just dragged it's feet until they had an excuse to not honor the offer.

Peter

Hey @smoking_angels,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this, and apologies for the wait.

If you have been in touch with our Customer Support team already, rest assured that they have made a case for you and that they will get in touch with you as soon as they have an update on this.

Unfortunately we won't be able to give an exact time when they will get back to you, but the relevant team are working hard to sort this out for you as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience on this! We'll be glad to hear back from you when you've had this resolved for you.

PeterModerator

EFDisaster
Regular

What if support gives up?

What if they gave me two replacement codes, but google failed to properly redeem either one and they then said they were "... unable to assist you with redeeming a Google Home Mini device any further?" What if I then bought a Daydream from the Google store using the same credit card, just to prove that it's not actually any "problem with the payment info," as Google support insists? What if I put another order into the Google Store for a Home Mini with a personalized gift message that says "You obviously needed the money more than I needed this promotional item.  Enjoy." and sent it directly to Spotify CEO Daniel Ek?

pbj5
Casual Listener

They've just cold dropped it and said 'screw you' to subscribers. Lastest response is that "The redemption period has now passed. Therefore we're unable to process it for you."

What a shitty company. 

smailaj
Music Fan
I do not understand how you Spotify, a 2 billion dollar company. Cannot
give a time frame on a promotion that you Spotify botched. It seems like it
would be more worth it to just give free google homes then to lose this
many users.

I fully understand the support team is doing the best they can with the
resources they have. Kudos to you guys, I bet you don’t get the recognition
you deserve.

I have been a loyal user for over 5 years and today I will be canceling my
account to look for other options. I will also be recommending to friends
and family they find a company that values users.

smoking_angels
Music Fan

Can you help me get a link for the free Google Mini, I have been going back and forth with Google and Spotify for almost 2 months now. Original link didn't work and I was charged for the Mini and had to return. Second Mini was cancelled.

Timeline attached

mrmagic416
Casual Listener
I don’t have access to a link. I hounded then thru emails & the online chat & then one day I received a link. Good luck.

Chevycobb
Music Fan

I think everyone's link is different with different unique promo codes that are attached to your account.

Maybe try sending Spotify a message on Facebook messenger.  That was one outlet where they seem to respond.  Tell them you like a new code and give them the email address on your Spotify account.  

smoking_angels
Music Fan

Facebook Messenger seems to only let me talk to a robot, it doesn't let me actually type a message to anyone.

Chevycobb
Music Fan

Sorry, I went back and looked to see.

Look for SpotifyCares on Facebook.

sheilahey
Casual Listener

I followed those steps and am still being charged the full price.

bgorse
Casual Listener

Hi there, yes I am using those steps and still having the same issue. 

Jamesflusa
Casual Listener

I'm also running into the same problem. I clicked the link in the email. I pick the mini color. I check out but still see the $49 + tax amount. I checked and I am registered. In the URL it even has the discount code.

bgorse
Casual Listener
Good luck getting any help from spotify support on this, have chatted several times after they said it’s been escalated but never getting back to me within the time frame they said they would.

Chevycobb
Music Fan

Plan

Family Premium

Country

USA

My Question or Issue

When I tried to redeem my home mini for having  afamily plan, Google STILL charged me the full price so I had to cancel the order.  I used the link in my email and also went through the spotify website and it still tried to charge me for it.  I switch to the family plan so I could use this offer.  How can I redeem this?

SUGGESTED POSTS