Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Charge failure

Charge failure

It's been 4 days from the day my payment should have gone through but it's always failing. I have contacted my bank and everything looks fine on our side. I am using a VISA card for payment. I tried updating payment options with different devices and browsers but still, I can't update as my card is being refused. this is the 4th day and I have worries I will lose my playlists and stuff.

Plan

Premium

Country

Rwanda

6 Replies

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

First we'd like to assure you, that your playlists will not be lost, as the music library in your account is not affected by the subscription status.

Could you check this page for some troubleshooting steps on failed payments, in particular this link?

Did you also try using an incognito browser window on a different device?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hey Dian,

Yes I've tried using incognito on both my phone and 2 different PC. I have also switched from chrome to mozilla but still I can't update my payment option.

I went through the troubleshooting steps but still nothing

Hey there @user-removed, 

Thanks for your reply. 

Would you mind sending us a screenshot of the error message you're getting? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert image option in the post editor. Make sure not to send any private info. 

On another note, we'd recommend waiting 24 hours from your last attempt before trying again to see if that makes the difference. 

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hey Eni,

About the 24hrs gap, it has been almost 5 days since the day my payment failed.

and below are the screenshots.

spotify.PNG
spotify2.PNG

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for the reply and the screenshot.

Would it be ok for you to cancel the subscription and try activating a new one on the same account? By cancelling it your account will immediately revert to free and it might be possible to enter the payment details for a new subscription on the same account. Here is how to cancel the subscription. 

But first make sure, that everything with your current payment is OK by contacting your bank.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hey,

I've already consulted the bank and everything looks fine on my end. I guess I will do that, I hope it will be possible to reuse the same card on this same account

Suggested posts