NEXT STEP

Currys 6 months free code won’t work

Solved!

Currys 6 months free code won’t work

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

We purchased a laptop today from curry’s PC world and got a code for 6 months free Spotify but when I tried to create an account and enter the code it will not except it and it just says please try again.

I would be very grateful it someone could help with this matter please 

thank you

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there all,

Thanks for hanging in there! We know it's been a while and we want to make it clear why redeeming the offer might not be working out for you. We're also giving you some additional steps to try.

All eligible users who have never had Premium before (on your current or another account), should be able to get the offer.

Note that if your account is quite old and you're getting the error message that you're not eligible, you have probably had Premium before and are not eligible. 

If you are eligible but get an error message or any issues, try this sum-up of the steps we have provided by far, plus some more:

1. Disable any adblockers on the web browser when accessing Spotify.com.
  2. Enable cookies. You can use this link as a guide. For Chrome users, you may need to choose Site Settings (under Privacy), then Cookies before seeing the options you can toggle.
  3. Open an incognito window from a desktop computer - copy, paste and open this link: https://spotify.com/login
  4. With the page open, log in to the account you want to redeem the offer on.
  5. Once logged in, you must copy, paste, and open the following link in the incognito window. Note: Make sure that the URL is correct and that you end up on the page that says "Verify your code". https://www.spotify.com/uk/claim/currys/redeem/
  6. Enter the code from Curry's and click on Get Premium.
    • If the account is eligible and the code is working, you should get the option to start a 6-month free trial of Premium. You can then enter your payment details and start the subscription. 
    • If the account isn't eligible, you should get the message "It looks like you’re not eligible for that offer, but we found more for you". If this happens, then you're not eligible for the offer. 
    • If the code isn't working, you'll get the error message "The code you entered doesn’t exist. Try again". If this happens, check the code and verify that you're entering the correct one. If you have done so, and it's still not working, proceed to step 7:
  7. If the link on step 3 didn't work, place the token at the end of this URL on the same incognito window used earlier

Let us know if any of these steps does the trick. If not, feel free to reach out to support here.

Keep us in the loop!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I've finally solved the issue for me. Hopefully this will work for someone else. 

I visited the below address via a Private Safari browser. 

https://www.spotify.com/uk/claim/currys/

Logged into my new account. Then paste the below address into your browser. Replacing the "xxxxxxx" part with the code you were given by Currys

https://www.spotify.com/uk/claim/currys/?code=xxxxxxxxxx 

At first it'll look like the link/code has not worked, but once you press the "get premium" button, the page changes!!

View solution in original post

71 Replies

Hi @Walkers,

I think creating an account and redeem your free spotify subscription are two seperate steps. If you create a  account you will have spotify free. You can log on to the app and to your account via the website: spotify.com

When you logged on to your account via your account page you can choose the option : redeem 

Please let us know where you get stuck in the process.

Regards,

René

I have created an account it just won’t accept the code in the the redeem box 

Hi @Walkers,

Please contact spotify support

Regards,

René

Hey there @Walkers,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community about this!

Our tech folks were looking into this - it should be now fixed. Keep in mind that this offer is available for users who haven't had Premium in the past.

If you're eligible and you're still having troubles with the code, we'd recommend giving it another try to redeem it here from a desktop device.

If that still doesn't do the trick or you see any error messages, don't hesitate to let us know. It'd be also helpful if you could include a screenshot of that error message you see so we can take a closer look. Just make sure that there's no private/sensitive info when posting in the Community!

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply. If there's anything else we can help with, don't hesitate to give us a shout.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

My Currys PC World won’t work please fix😭

same happen to me, made new account then it asks to pick a plan then at the top of that plan it says (6 months free) £9.99 i go to set up payment and it fails saying i have already used a promo code or something which is not true as the account was made yesterday and has not even been used yet??

please help.. .

spot.png

Hi I have actually managed to get this issue resolved now
I was in touch with Spotify through live chat and emails and did take lots of hours of back and forth but they sent me a link and told me to open it in a private browser so I did and it except the code straight away.
Hope this helps anybody who is having the same issue.

just tried in private still didn't work same message

Hey there all,

Thanks for reaching out! 

@Tega1, do you get an error message and if so, what does it say? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

@jam201984, it looks like the error message you got is different from the one shown to @Walkers. Could you double check if you happen to have another account with Spotify with which you have signed up for a free trial before? You can do this with the help of this article. This could be the reason why your code is not accepted. 

Let us know what happens, thanks!

PetyaModerator

Hi mine isn't working I have just signed up, so its a new account and it wont work it just says oops something went wrong 

Im having the same problem

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Hello @Abrad10841!

Can you let me know if you get any error messages when trying to redeem the code? Also note that this offer is not available if you’ve previously tried Spotify Premium

Keep me posted!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi I have not had Spotify premium before it say error please try again 

I can’t find the redeem option?

Hey @Abrad10841!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. Can you try this process using another browser or Incognito Mode? It might also be worth trying another device or a different internet connection.

Keep me posted and have a nice day!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey there @x1khysenf99ii3t, @Kingschmidy and @Nicky_19,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

@Nicky_19, if you've received a code through Curry's, we'd recommend taking a look at the physical or email receipt to locate the link where you can redeem the code.

If you're having troubles locating it, we'd recommend heading here.

@x1khysenf99ii3t and @Kingschmidy, we'd first recommend trying the steps below:

1. Copy and paste the following link in an incognito or private window in your browser: https://spotify.com/login
  2. Log in using your account credentials 
  3. In the same incognito window, access this link: https://www.spotify.com/claim/currys/redeem/ Tip: You'll need to make sure that the page you end up says "Verify your code".
  4. Enter the code from Curry's and click on Get Premium.

If that doesn't do the trick, it'd be very helpful if you could share a screenshot of the error message you see so we can take a closer look. Just make sure that there's no private or sensitive info displayed in it 🙂 Once we have that, we'll see what else we can suggest.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator

It says

It looks like you’re not eligible for this offer but we’ve got other options etc.

Hey there @ultron,

Thanks for posting about this here!

Keep in mind that this offer is available to users who haven't had Premium or a trial in the past. This would explain why you're seeing this error message.

Alternatively, it's possible that you already redeemed this offer in a different account. In that case, we'd recommend taking a look at this Spotify Answer to locate it. Once you've done so, you can follow the steps here to close your Free account and avoid any mix-ups.

Hope this helps clarifies things! If there's anything else we can help with, don't hesitate to give us a shout.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator

Suggested posts