Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium account changed into free account

Premium account changed into free account

I have been paying for preimuim for at least three years, but it suddently changed into a free account and although it seems like my account with my playlists and my login it states that it's my mom's account, with her name and picture in the corner. I logged in to my account on her iPad recently. 

I have logged out and in. Reinstalled spotify. And my no other device is using my account. 

Please help me. Thank you!

96 Replies

@OttosMopsMotzt - Definitely shouldn't take that long! Could you post your 8-digit case number from when you got in touch last and I will ask someone to chase it up? It is in the subject line of the automated email reply.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

01439420 is the number.

The problem seems to be that the money which IS transferred from my bankaccount via "Dauerauftrag" somehow isn't registered in my spotify account. So where's it going? Unfortunately I can't change my payment method manually.

Thx for the reply, Peter!

It appears from what I understand that the money wasn't paid to Spotify from the payment provider, so the system automatically pauses subscriptions.

I've escalated that case number for you.

Peter

Hi, I have the same problem mentioned before, only that my monthly payment as started the 06/05 (I checked it) and then my premium subscription went away with the change of my password of facebook. I wrote to the customer service and they replied me asking for the payment card last four digits, but after I gave them, no news. Could you please escalate my case as well? I am a little bit worried here. The reference is: # 01444073.

My playlists are gone as well. By the way, has any of this topic got a solution by the customer service? 

@FrancescoMartin - Do you have a Spotify username style account? Normally when this happens all you need to do is log back in using your original Spotify username and password rather than Facebook.

Peter

Actually I created the account with facebook so no original username.

@Peter have you escalated my case? Still no answers. Meanwhile, do you think it would be ok to subscribe another premium account with the 30 days trial?

I will escalate it now for you. You can subscribe on another account, just be sure to cancel it so you don't end up being billed twice.

Peter

Hello there,

I'm from Germany, too. And I have the exact same problem. I pay for my Premium-Account for at least 2 years via SofortDauerauftrag and there has never been a problem until this year in march I saw that there was no payment going away from my account. but in april the payment was going away as usual to spotify.

So I could understand that my account is changed into a free account for at least one month, but not forever because my payment is going on and on! I want my Account to be changed back into a premium account immidiately or I'll stop the Payment for a service I don't get!

My case number is 01447359 and my account name is 1134055392.

I have already answered to the automatic support-email, but recieved nothing so far.

So please if anyone can help me solving this problem, I would be very pleased!

Greetings from Germany

JS

My problem was fixed by the customer service. They've resetted the password for my original Spotify account. Once I was able to log in again, I linked it with my Facebook Spotify account. My playlists are also back. So.. I'm happy again 😉

@JS666 - If you have replied to the automated email someone should be in touch as soon as they can (although probably not today it being Sunday!).

Peter

Will we get any refund for the days of service we are losing?

That is something you will have to take up with the customer service guys.

Peter

My account has been changed to a free account, why. And if I reup to the premium account will my playlist still exist.

@Batt6343 How do you mean it has been changed? Did your subscription not go through for your last renewal? If so, you should have received an email from spotify to let you know. Are you definitely logging in with the correct details - it's too easy to log in with a username instead of facebook login and vice versa.

If you are logged into the correct account, you should see a payment history here.

Logging in correctly, never got a renewal letter, never needed one in the past, been a member for over 1.5 years with no problems, billing history says it's currently not available.

Hi there,

From looking at your account on our system I can see that it was created yesterday through Facebook. This suggests that it is a duplicate account, and that your Premium account is still safe on our system. If you can't remember the username that you initially chose when signing up for Spotify, then please get in touch using our online form where one of our advisors will be happy to help further. If you receive an autoresponse, just send an email directly in reply and someone will be in touch shortly.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

Ok ive done this a couple times now, only get the auto response that directs me here, I reply and never get a response back. This is getting stupid, yall say go there, they say go back. Please someone help. And I due have my original email with the user name/id number.

This would be so much easier if I could talk to you on the phone.

Suggested posts