Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Your Library

Get help with Your Library on all devices.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Your Sound Capsule: Following your listening stats

You probably already know Spotify launches every year, Spotify Wrapped, which is a rewind of your listening stats. It presents each user their listening stats for that year, including the most listened-to artists and songs, for example. It's really l...

IMG_6759.jpg IMG_6760.jpg IMG_6761.jpg IMG_6764.jpg
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • JohnHowlett
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 61 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 61 likes

Watch and Listen: Introducing music videos on Spotify

Spotify knows that the listening experience is a way to connect artists with fans on many levels. But what if we could enhance these connections with a different perspective? With this in mind, Spotify is introducing a new and powerful way to listen ...

IMG_6446.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Joggerwithoutmusic
  • Casual Listener
  • 44 replies
  • 28 likes
  • 44 replies
  • 28 likes

Spotify Takes Listening With Friends to Another Level with Jam

Spotify is introducing a more fun, intuitive, and collaborative social listening experience with Jam. Whether you’re together or apart, joining a Jam with your loved ones is now simpler than ever by tapping phones, scanning a QR code, or sharing a li...

Community Blog Post.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Okiedokiedorkie
  • Casual Listener
  • 62 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Connect
    JAM
  • 62 replies
  • 48 likes

Playlist/shuffle all over the place

PlanPremiumCountryNorwayDeviceSamsung s20 and pcOperating SystemAndroid/Win10 My Question or IssueHiThe playlist/shuffle is suddenly acting strange. When I choose a song from an artist, and I want to listen to more from the same artist, the next song...

• Plan Premium Country Norway Device Samsung s20 and pc Operating System Android/Win10   My Question or Issue Hi The playlist/shuffle is suddenly acting strange. When I choose a song fr...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't listen to a song

PlanPremiumCountryUruguayDeviceMotorola E7 PlusOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueI want to play the song "Tu falta de querer" by Mon Laferte but I can't, I asked a friend (from my same country) if he could listen to it, and he can.When I...

• Plan Premium Country Uruguay Device Motorola E7 Plus Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue I want to play the song "Tu falta de querer" by Mon Laferte but I can't, I asked...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I accidentally deleted my entire Liked Songs library and Spotify has no way to undo it!

Background: I maintain a playlist that is a duplicate of my entire Liked Songs (so that I can share it with my friends, because Spotify hasn't added the feature to publicize the Liked Songs for all these years). I update that list ~4 times a month. I...

• Casual Listener
  • Background: I maintain a playlist that is a duplicate of my entire Liked Songs (so that I can share it with my friends, because Spotify hasn't added the feature to publicize the Liked Songs for all t...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Lost playlists when changing Spotify password

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • Taylith
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution cant unhide certain songs

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone XsOperating SystemiOS 15 My Question or IssueFor a few weeks now I've noticed a lot of songs are hidden on my phone. I have no memory of hiding these songs and have since been unable to unhide them. Cocaine Jesus - R...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone Xs Operating System iOS 15   My Question or Issue For a few weeks now I've noticed a lot of songs are hidden on my phone. I have no memory of hid...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Impossible de synchroniser Shazam et Spotify

Bonjour,J'ai créé un compte Spotify premium, mais je n'arrive pas à avoir la playslist de mes titres shazamés dans ma bibliothèque Spotify. J'ai essayé de me déconnecter et reconnecter des deux applications et même de les désinstaller mais rien n'y f...

• Visitor
  • Bonjour, J'ai créé un compte Spotify premium, mais je n'arrive pas à avoir la playslist de mes titres shazamés dans ma bibliothèque Spotify. J'ai essayé de me déconnecter et reconnecter des deux app...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Discover weekly "deleted"

Hello,PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDevice(iPhone SE, Pixel 3a)Operating System(iOS 15.5 / Android 12) My Question or IssuePlaylist "Discover Weekly" ("Mein Mix der Woche") not available anymore.Doesn't matter which way I try to access it (via "Made for y...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, Plan Premium Country Germany Device (iPhone SE, Pixel 3a) Operating System (iOS 15.5 / Android 12)   My Question or Issue Playlist "Discover Weekly" ("Mein Mix der Woche") no...
  • ladyxanax
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Sorting playlist folders?

On my laptop I can't sort playlist folders, but on my phone they are automatically sorted alphabetically. How do I sort folders alphabetically on my laptop. (Win10)

• Music Fan
  • On my laptop I can't sort playlist folders, but on my phone they are automatically sorted alphabetically. How do I sort folders alphabetically on my laptop. (Win10)
  • JBayudz
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Compilation vs roles

Hi everyone.In this FAQ you say thatCompilations with 4 or more artists show the artist name Various artists.They show in the Appears On section of the artists’ profiles.Do you mean main artists? What happens, for example, if my release has 1 main ar...

• Hi everyone. In this FAQ you say that Compilations with 4 or more artists show the artist name Various artists. They show in the Appears On section of the artists’ profiles. Do y...
  • Vasil
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Creating a Playlist from an Album by default has just the album name and not the artist

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceiMacOperating SystemCatalina My Question or IssueI create a lot of playlists of albums (as I can't find a better way of creating groups of albums). All of my old ones were names ' - ' which is fine, but for obviously somethin...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country   Device iMac Operating System Catalina   My Question or Issue I create a lot of playlists of albums (as I can't find a better way of creating groups of album...
  • brianblessed
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution English song, but title is in foreign language

Hi, I am having problems with songs recommended in my Discover weekly. They are English songs, with English lyrics, and if I google the lyrics, I can find the songs with English names on Spotify. My language is set to English, my country in my accoun...

Clipboard01.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  • Hi, I am having problems with songs recommended in my Discover weekly. They are English songs, with English lyrics, and if I google the lyrics, I can find the songs with English names on Spotify. My ...
  • MihailY
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Library suddenly out of date

PlanPrem FamilyCountryGermanyiPh 13 proOperating SystemiOS 16 1. When in Egypt using the wifi connection there, my son reports my music is playing on our Sonos system at home. Have to switch manually to my device. 2. Back home I find my sons profile ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Prem Family Country Germany iPh 13 pro Operating System iOS 16   1. When in Egypt using the wifi connection there, my son reports my music is playing on our Sonos system at home. Ha...
  • ulrichkueper
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist curation

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUSADeviceDesktop and Mobile (Android)Operating SystemWindows and Android My Question or IssueIs there a way to see what playlists a song is already a part of (personal playlists)? It would be fantastic if when you went to add a...

• Plan Free/Premium Country USA Device Desktop and Mobile (Android) Operating System Windows and Android   My Question or Issue Is there a way to see what playlists a song is already a p...
  • isi_rc
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Only some local files sync to phone

PlanPremiumDeviceiPhone 13, Desktop PCOperating SystemiOS 15.1.1, Windows 10 My Question or IssueI am able to sync files from my PC to my phone that I had for a while, but just today I downloaded some more music and only those are unable to sync to m...

• Plan Premium Device iPhone 13, Desktop PC Operating System iOS 15.1.1, Windows 10   My Question or Issue I am able to sync files from my PC to my phone that I had for a while, but just t...
  • nickvandyck
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to Drag & Drop Songs to Re-Organize Playlist

Using a Windows 10 PC, on 20H2. As the title says, drag & drop to reorganize songs in a given playlist is no longer working. The playlists are mine & mine alone, and they are already in custom order, so it's not an issue of being sorted & the sort pr...

• Using a Windows 10 PC, on 20H2. As the title says, drag & drop to reorganize songs in a given playlist is no longer working. The playlists are mine & mine alone, and they are already in custo...
  • MihailY
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Please remove Obama from my Home screen

When I signed up to Spotify Premium it was so I could listen to music without ads or any other forms of persuasion interrupting my listening. I'm not interested in Obama or any other political advocacy group, or opinion, cluttering up my home screen ...

• Visitor
  • When I signed up to Spotify Premium it was so I could listen to music without ads or any other forms of persuasion interrupting my listening. I'm not interested in Obama or any other political advoca...
  • gifflerr
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 11 likes
  • Obama
  • 1 replies
  • 11 likes

Superuser Contribution Blocking a playlist

PlanPremiumCountryIrelandDevice(Samsung Galaxy A21)Operating System My Question or IssueI'm trying to block/remove playlists from my account. I've read previous posts around not being able to do this on the desktop app, but I'm trying to do this on m...

• Plan Premium Country Ireland Device (Samsung Galaxy A21) Operating System     My Question or Issue I'm trying to block/remove playlists from my account. I've read previous posts a...
  • OscarDC
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

We need parent mode, where our algorithms stay intact.

I have had Premium for years and Spotify opened up a new world of music through the brilliant algorithm, daily playlists of stuff I instantly loved. Huge fan.Then I had a kid. I know, I know... Private Mode.It doesn't work in real life. Yes, I have a...

• I have had Premium for years and Spotify opened up a new world of music through the brilliant algorithm, daily playlists of stuff I instantly loved. Huge fan. Then I had a kid. I know, I know...
  • JBayudz
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Transfer Downloaded Music

I am trying to transfer a ton of downloaded songs and playlists from my old phone to my new phone. From my research, it says log out of Spotify on old phone. Then download Spotify App on new phone and all of downloaded music should be there. Well...i...

• Casual Listener
  • I am trying to transfer a ton of downloaded songs and playlists from my old phone to my new phone.   From my research, it says log out of Spotify on old phone.  Then download Spotify App ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution copying local playlists (not the music data) to spotify, and get rid of the local files

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes