Interesting bug on iPhone lockscreen

Solved!

Re: Interesting bug on iPhone lockscreen

danielthelion
Music Fan

@stealth210

That's my main frustration as well. I have bluetooth streaming in my car, and the info on the dashboard not updating correctly is the most annoying thing.

Tom_B
Casual Listener

I've used the bluetooth streaming since before Spotify even used to show Artist/Album/Title on the lock screen and over A2DP. I've never really seen the time elapsed work correctly, all the time. The weirdest behavior is when I leave the car, then come back and resume, it shows a time that basically never stopped (i.e. come back 2 hours later, the elapsed time reads 120 mins).  This may be an issue with iOS, rather than Spotify though.

Still wish they'd fix the lock screen into issue though.

stealth210
Roadie

Tom_B

Yes I have seen that behaivor as well with the time when I stop the car and start it back after a while (2010 G37) and I can live with that. The time will(or used to) reset it itself upon next track seek, though. Also, the track name would change.

Highlighted

bigdrop
Gig Goer

@stealth210 wrote:

bigdrop,

Really? I can't believe it. I see that update today but haven't applied it since it mentions nothing about fixing this issue. I am now angry that they went trhough 2 entire release updates and almost 2 months without fixing this issue. Searching for alternatives now. I'm not paying for this any longer. It IS a big deal to me.

Bye!

Try Rhapsody. Same price. Large Library. Rhapsody radio. Free trial

danc27
Roadie

Great job fixing this bug in the new version guys.

:eyeroll

Marko_K
Regular
This is a serious issue that needs to be sorted out ASAP. As stated by others before, it's not only affecting lock screen, but bluetooth audio streaming (A2DP) and Airplay as well.

Currently Spotify fails to deliver correct track information i.e. to my car audio system (A2DP) and my home audio system (Airplay with Apple TV).

This issue compromized the whole usability of Spotify and makes users to consider unsubscribing the service. Please fix the issue ASAP!

richmondn
Casual Listener

Actually, the newest update resolved my lock screen issue. But the names of songs in my starred playlist are not showing through my car stereo. I thought a moderator would be in here by now resolving conflicts. 

Marko_K
Regular
Latest fix seems to have fixed the lock screen issue for iPhone, not for iPad. At least it works now better with my iPhone 4S with latest iOS, but iPad 3 still has the problem.

stealth210
Roadie

richmondn,

You say that the latest update resolved the issue on your iPhone? bigdrop reported that it did not. I have now applied the update and will test the update on the way home. Will report back with the results.

noob
Regular
Just deleted all iPhone Spotify app data, installed 0.5.4 and the lock screen is still bugged..*sigh* Back to 0.5.1 again...way to keep customers hanging, Spotify..
SUGGESTED POSTS