Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Interesting bug on iPhone lockscreen

Solved!

Interesting bug on iPhone lockscreen

Hello everyone,

I've recently updated to Spotify 0.5.2 and noticed that the iPhone Spotify app is causing an issue on the iPhone lockscreen in regards to displaying the currently playing track name. When I begin to play the first song of an album, it plays correctly. If I then try to skip to the second track through the lockscreen, it also works correctly and the song name under the clock is updated correctly. However if I try to skip again to the third track, the third track begins to play but the second track's name still displays under the clock. I can skip forward and back at will from the lockscreen, but the second track's name will always be displayed. I thought this was iOS6's fault, but then I tested it on an iPod Touch 4G running 5.1.1 and got the same issue, which leads me to believe it was a Spotify bug. I then used iTunes to revert back to 0.5.1 on my iPhone running iOS6 and the issue has gone, further underlining the fact that (for me at least) it has been a bug introduced in 0.5.2. Can anyone replicate this bug? I'd like to see if a patch could be issued so I can get the new Radio feature without losing the ability to see my song name in the lockscreen.

126 Replies

I feel exactly the same way. I used to convert friends left and right. Now I am bitter because it's like they quit caring. even if they fix it, who's to say it won't happen again with another bug?

I'm really conflicted.  I think Spotify does the best job of playing back music (good bitrate, gapless playback), but the program bugs do get tiresome.

I am glad they at least acknowledged this bug.  But I don't really believe they have been working on this for 3 months.  They introduced the bug, they should be able to go back and figure out what went wrong.  Like I said before, I have never used a Music app on iOS that has had this issue.

I disagree. Try Mog. Read their app feedback.

So what is happening with this? We as paying customers deserve to know! But all you are saying is: we are doing our best, and every time you say that, it's like you are saying "f**k you we don't care, we just want your money". It's been 4-5 months now and it is getting kind of akward for you.

SO what it's happening?

This is still isn't fixed? lmao! What a joke! I cancelled my subscription a coupl months ago because of this. Just curious about how it's going. Obviously not very far.

Hello,

We're still looking into this - No updates at the moment. I'll be sure to chase people up shortly.
Airhorn Enthusiast

Well??? What's the scoop with this? This is the second major bug that drives me crazy with the app right now. The first being "Track Only Available Online" when I am clearly on my phones data connection.

Try any playlist and it will show details for first two songs. When it switches to the third song it still shows the second song title and keeps counting the time from the end of the second. Really annoying.

I switched to Mog months ago. Not going to lie, I didn't like it at first, but now I love it! And I can drive and listen to it in my car and not have issues with songs streaming.

I'm shocked how poor spotify support is.  This is effing stupid.

I posted as a reply to the most recent post a link to this thread here on this page: http://www.facebook.com/Spotify?ref=ts&fref=ts

Like it if you want.

I also opened a help ticket with Spotify support. They just responded. Check out this response. Keep in mind I selected and reported under category: "Report an error / bug" drop down

Thanks for your feedback on Spotify.

We're always looking to improve Spotify with bigger and better features so we do listen to all of the ideas we get. Sadly, we can't get round to adding them all but we do our best to act on the most popular requests.

And since we opened up Spotify Apps to third party developers there should be lots more features coming in soon that we're sure people are going to love.

Kind regards

Oliver

Follow our customer service team @spotifycares for all things Spotify

Spotify Customer Service."

This is so sad. I can't believe that they don't even read our error reports. I haven't met this kind of customer service before. I mean I love the spotify service but how they manage all the bugs and etc is sh*t!

Yeah I don't even bother with their contact form.  It feels like they don't even read what you wrote.

Hey guys,

Sorry to hear you got some responses like that. We certainly do read what you write.

We are aware of this issue and our top men are on the case. We haven't really said much recently, as we're still working on this matter. It's proven to be a little trickier than we first believed, but hopefully we'll have an update for you soon.

Airhorn Enthusiast

Definitely appreciate the response David!

I just feel like a lot of the responses from the contact form are very "cut and paste" and sometimes isn't really what you were asking for in the first place.  Just thought I'd point it out.

I look forward for this to be fixed - like I've said in the past it is not a showstopper bug, but it can be annoying when using it in the car.

I have a theory as to why they haven't fixed it. I think personal car usage in Sweden is low compared to countries like the US. The streets are laid out in a way conducive to public transportation, walking, or pedal biking. I'm not saying this is a bad thing at all.

Anyway, the developers probably don't run into this issue themselves if they fall into the above transportation categories. Therefore, they don't understand the frustration at looking down at the console and seeing the wrong song name and title displayed and an endlessly incrementing timer.

Myself, I have a 40 mile commute every day and a big screen right in the middle of my G37 blatantly and proudly displaying the wrong band, album, song title, and time right in my face thanks to Spotify. It sounds petty, it sounds #firstworldproblems, whatever!. Day after day, it gets old.

I say that's a little odd a theory, as I also have a 40 mile commute 😉
Airhorn Enthusiast

Appreciate the update

I've just cancelled my subscription that i've had since February this year because of this bug.

I reported this issue on 30th May and the fact it hasn't been fixed says it all. Before that it was the extreme sync issue. I dread to think what issue would be next.

I'm going to Napster....Bye

I tried MOG in the past (and even Rdio) and it just wasn't up to par with what I wanted. I decided to try it again about a week ago and I love it. The things I like about Spotify are better in MOG and MOG has things that I wished for in Spotify (e.g. favorite artists, albums, songs; web client or desktop client both work the same so you don't NEED a desktop client, but you have the option; artist only radio or play similar artists.)

I'm cancelling my Spotify account now. I'm not cancelling because of this bug alone, but because of the endless nonsense. If it's not this bug it's another. 

If anyone hasn't tried MOG yet, I would highly suggest you do it. They have a free, 14 day, trial.

For everyone else, enjoy your endless bugs and so called "support"

Suggested posts