Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Interesting bug on iPhone lockscreen

Solved!

Interesting bug on iPhone lockscreen

Hello everyone,

I've recently updated to Spotify 0.5.2 and noticed that the iPhone Spotify app is causing an issue on the iPhone lockscreen in regards to displaying the currently playing track name. When I begin to play the first song of an album, it plays correctly. If I then try to skip to the second track through the lockscreen, it also works correctly and the song name under the clock is updated correctly. However if I try to skip again to the third track, the third track begins to play but the second track's name still displays under the clock. I can skip forward and back at will from the lockscreen, but the second track's name will always be displayed. I thought this was iOS6's fault, but then I tested it on an iPod Touch 4G running 5.1.1 and got the same issue, which leads me to believe it was a Spotify bug. I then used iTunes to revert back to 0.5.1 on my iPhone running iOS6 and the issue has gone, further underlining the fact that (for me at least) it has been a bug introduced in 0.5.2. Can anyone replicate this bug? I'd like to see if a patch could be issued so I can get the new Radio feature without losing the ability to see my song name in the lockscreen.

126 Replies

Spotify - please give us an update

This is one of the largest complained about bugs on the community - why bother having community feedback if you're not going to listen? Just fix it !!

Please can we have an update on this? The problem has been around for many months, and we have been told serveral times that this is being worked on.

I'm getting as frustrated with the lack of feedback as the bug itself, I've been a paying premium member for several years now and I am disappointed with the lack of resolution to this bug.

Thanks

Sorry guys, we are listening! I still get an update every time there's a post on the thread - so you are being heard.

I don't have an update for you yet though, so I've held off from posting for a little while. We hope to have good news soon though.

Hang in there!

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

This was released back in December http://youtu.be/mcndH5zvm6U.

You can see a completely new iphone app, well not completely but much updated version. I think it said early 2013. Anybody got a update about this?

@Harri wrote:
This was released back in December http://youtu.be/mcndH5zvm6U.

You can see a completely new iphone app, well not completely but much updated version. I think it said early 2013. Anybody got a update about this?

That is as close as you will get, Spotify never comment on upcoming releases or release dates.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

Early 2013?! That's like... NOW! I've just pushed the button*. The 0.6 update is available now in the App Store, and will show the right track in your lock screen all day long. Along with some other new things. I'll lock this thread for now!

* I didn't push the button

Airhorn Enthusiast

Suggested posts