Interesting bug on iPhone lockscreen

Solved!

Re: Interesting bug on iPhone lockscreen

David
Spotify Legend

Hello.

We're still looking into this lockscreen issue. As soon as we have an update, we'll shout it from the rooftops.

Airhorn Enthusiast

danielthelion
Music Fan

@David:

Thanks much!

@EveryoneElse:

I just noticed that you can still download an older version of Spotify on the app store, called "Spotify for iOS 4". I'm using it, and it doesn't have the problem (I'm running iOS 5.1.1 on my iPhone 4). At least this is some kind of temporary pacification until they fix the issue in the current version of the app.

bigdrop
Gig Goer

Hey David. Thanks for posting to let us know we're not being ignored. The problem is I paid $9.99 twice and haven't used it much because I've been using Rhapsody instead. I'm not sure I want to pay again and have this problem persist for another month.

danielthelion
Music Fan

@bigdrop

Suspend your Spotify account so it's not charging you, but keep the app on your phone so you'll be notified of updates. When one is released with a fix to this problem, just reactivate your paid account.

stealth210
Roadie

@danielthelion

THANK YOU!

All, I tried what danielthelion mentioned and downloaded the app named "Spotify For iOS4". Even though, I am iOS 5, it works! Track names and times change while locked. :) Very nice!

bigdrop
Gig Goer
Did you delete the current app or are you running them both? Thanks.

stealth210
Roadie

I now have both side by side. Did nothing but install Spotify for iOS 4 and logged in. Chose NO on "Upgrade because we detected you're running iOS5?(paraphrase)". Also, modifed my quality settings to High in options.

bigdrop
Gig Goer

Times up Spotify. 2 months and no fix for a simple bug. Thats pathetic. Cancelling my service right NOW.

bigdrop
Gig Goer

My Spotify acct. expires today so I guess this is my last post here. I am now a Mog user and it is hands down better than Spotify. Thank you Spotify for not fixing your app so I could discover the wonderfull Mog service.

Marko_K
Regular
Just installed update 0.5.5. Still no fix. Unbelievable!
SUGGESTED POSTS