Premium

Country

Australi

Device

iPhone 7

Operating System

Version 11.4.1

My Question or Issue

I am trying to download my music on Spotify using cellular data but when I go into my settings there’s no toggle to turn the “Dowloand Using Cellular” option on or off and I don’t know any other way to do it.

8.4.79.933 is the Spotify version I’m using on my device, if that helps.

I also have 120gb if available storage so definitely not a storage issue.

Really frustrated so any ideas appreciated! Haha.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I uninstalled and reinstalled my app and when I went back in the option to toggle it on and off was back, so problem solved haha and I sent the wrong screenshot anyway so my apologies 😂

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey @JessBones,

Thanks for reaching out. Let's see what we can do for you!

Can you confirm you're trying to toggle it on using the following steps?:

1. Go to Settings
  2. Go to Music Quality
  3. Scroll all the way down and toggle 'Download Using Cellular'

If you don't see that option, can you post a screenshot of what it looks like to you? 🙂 

We look forward to your reply. Take care!

Yeah, that’s what I’ve been trying. 

Heres a screenshot of the bottom of that menu on my phone. 🙂

BC4D746A-E334-4416-81E4-4B62C19A51F5.png
Marked as solution

I uninstalled and reinstalled my app and when I went back in the option to toggle it on and off was back, so problem solved haha and I sent the wrong screenshot anyway so my apologies 😂

Hey @JessBones,

Thanks for letting us know 🙂

Haha that's no problem, we all like a bit of Stranger Things. Seeing it made me even more excited for the new season!

Glad everything works now, let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

You, guys, really succeeded in hiding this option in your iOS client. I, too, had to dig like crazy, consult the Internet, and then find this post to discover where the "Download using Cellular" option is hidden.

Probably it's worth rethinking the option's location from a UX perspective. Just saying!

Hey @Doncho,

Thanks for your post!

If you have ideas on how to improve the app and think other users might also like it, go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts