Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 0.7.4

Solved!

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 0.7.4

Hi folks.

What's new in this version (0.7.4):

• New: We're rolling out an entirely new way to Browse music.
  • New: Spotify now speaks Thai, Turkish, Brazilian Portuguese, Malay and Greek.
  • Fixed: Bugs and bad things.

Updates 2013-09-04

• Crashing: We're aware that some people are experiencing issues with Spotify crashing. We're investigating and will keep you posted. You can also keep an eye on @SpotifyStatus for more information, as it becomes available.
  • The "original" Playlist view has been restored, and with it the shuffle function!

Updates 2013-09-07 (Adam)

• While we're investigating the crashing of 0.7.4, if you have a Spotify username but an account also connected to Facebook, try using your Facebook details to log in rather than your username.
  • Alternatively, as a temporary fix, download the Spotify iOS 4 app from the App Store. It's a bit old school but it'll give you access to your playlists and most of the same features as normal.

Updates 2013-09-10 (Per)

• The crashing of 0.7.4 should be resolved now
  • If you're still having issues with crashing, please reply with this info:
    - Did your app start crashing with this latest update, 0.7.4, or was it already happening before?

Notes:

• Shuffle: You can still turn this on/off in album view
  • Users with iOS versions 4 and 5 can still use "Spotify for iOS4", which can be found in the App Store.
  • If you're having trouble with an update, please always make sure to go through the [iOS] Troubleshooting Spotify steps before posting.
Community Ergo Sum
89 Replies

I suppose this might be good news for some of you wanting the shuffle button back- it appears the new playlist view, for me, was only temporary. It's now back to what it was before 0.7.2. Just spotify being spotify. You may just have to wait till the downgrade rolls out to you.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Yes!!! i would rather don't update it!!! i don't want the for ios4 stupid version.
Follow me

I am in the same situation
I am in France using iPad 4 without 3G. I made all the steps described and the App crashes at the opening. I have the menu on the right and a white window. The app crashes after 5 sec.
Thanks for a quick solution.
image.jpg

Why is the new playlist view gone? I really liked it! =(
MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@MattSuda wrote:
Why is the new playlist view gone? I really liked it! =(

Maybe it was causing the crashes?

I really liked it too and didn't have any problems with the new version.  Although the lack of the shuffle button at the top was annoying.  When that view comes back I hope they build shuffle into it.  And if they don't - I think the new now playing has a more pronounced way to shuffle (it is there in the view, you don't need to tap to bring up options).  Who knows when the majority of people are going to see that though.

Glacial rollout speed.

I would also like to point out that they added New Releases to Browse, but wow is that list severley lacking.

I had the new playlist view after the update last night - this morning it's gone!

No queue / up next playlist /feature - still!

This is ridiculous Spotify, how many people do you want to jump ship to a more reliable service before you get your act together?

It's insane how fragmented these feature rollouts are making everything.  I have a different set of features on every different device I have Spotify on.  I still have what's new on my iPad, but browse and discover on my phone, and only discover on my computer.  Follow on my computer, but "friends" on my phone and iPad.  Some sort of chat thing on the web app only.  No collections anywhere, which was announced like 9 months ago.

Same issue as everyone else. It's very frustrating. It comes on, and then crashes in 3 seconds. 

How about at least a response or acknowledgment of the issue?

=== START OF TEMPLATE ===

Description
I open the Spotify App. The App crashes/closes in three seconds.

A more detailed description, using numbered steps
1. Complained.
2. Deleted Safari history, cache, and cookies in Settings.
3. Restarted phone.
4. Deleted Spotify App and data.
5. Re-installed Spotify App.
6. Opened Spotify App.

What I expected to happen
I expect the app to function properly.

What actually happened
The app does not function at all.

My iPad/iPhone model
iPhone 5

Device’s Operating System

Is your device jailbroken?
No

Approximately how many playlists do you have?

My mobile Spotify version

My desktop Spotify version (if applicable)
N/a

My provider and country
Verizon, US

My username
aaroncoal

Do you have any screenshots you can attach to more clearly explain your issue?
N/a

Description

The Spotify app attempts to load then suddenly crashes

A more detailed description, using numbered steps

1. I rebooted a few times.

2. I reinstalled a few times

3. Unfortunately, still crashing on start up.

What I expected to happen

My wonderful Spotify music to be available to get me jamming through the day.

What actually happened

The Spotify App crashed. Leaving me to listen to Pandora, get frustrated, then listen to the only album I have on my phone.

My iPad/iPhone model

iPhone 5

Device’s Operating System

iOS 6.1.2

Is your device jailbroken?

Yup

Approximately how many playlists do you have?

Maybe 80 playlists

0 synced for offline use

My mobile Spotify version

0.7.4?

My desktop Spotify version (if applicable)

n/a

My provider and country

AT&T, US

My username

stevefox42

Do you have any screenshots you can attach to more clearly explain your issue?

N/A

Agree. This is an important request that largely goes ignored.

New update doesn't work on my iPad or iPhone both devices have the latest os and the app repeatedly crashes now I have to use the iOS 4 app

Crashes on iPhone 5 (iOS 6.1.4). Now I have no way to listen to music for which I paid.

Spotify is just unprofessional- I can't think of a clearer way to describe it.  And this is no more clearly exhibited than via the ios app.  Your choices are to deal with their disorganization as a customer, or move to a different service like rdio. I really hope they can get their act together, but as it stands, each month we are paying spotify for incomplete and broken software.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Problem of crash at opening. Yesterday I have done the following procedure on iPad

Delete the App Spotify
Delete all Apps in cache
Restart the iPad
Reload the App from the menu Apps bought and not present on iPad
Open Spotify with Facebook choice
It works.

Why now and not before ?

Good luck to everybody

I too your suggestion and went to album art to turn on shuffle...went back to playlists...the shuffle button appeared on playlist.

Thanks

I tried to listen to one of my favorite records today and noticed that all the songs were now magically censored. Confused by this I did some research and found that it was an issue of how the albums are submitted by the record companies but if you look on the page you should be able to find the un censored version, which is great except you can't do this on mobile, for IOS at least. That creates a huge issue for me and many other users because I travel constantly for work and use spotify all the time in my car, listening to these records censored cutting out a lot of words makes me not even want to listen to them and thus making me want to cancel my subscription. Just seeing if we can do something about this? I saw people asking this back in 2012 with no response and it's pretty frustrating!

I thought the new thing about Browse was the ability to search for playlists in a better way? It seems I still can't just search for "synthpop" and see which playlists match that word. Just my own playlists.

I have to browse through some arbitrary "moods" and other keywords that's already been decided for me?

You've got to be kidding, right?

You need to get the iOS5 iPad version back in the App Store ASAP!!!.

Marked as solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for bearing with us on this. We're looking into what's causing it and we'll post here as soon as we have an update.

In the meantime, if you have a Spotify username that's also connected to Facebook, could you try logging in the alternate way. For example, if you normally log in with your username, try logging in with Facebook details. And if you normally login with Facebook, try using your username and password.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Suggested posts