Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't sync songs to offline mode

Solved!

Spotify won't sync songs to offline mode

Hi! I'm using Spotify 0.7.4.35, on my iPhone 4s iOS 6.1.3. In online mode Spotify works ok, but I can't download playlists to offline mode. I switch on "available offline" on a playlist, but the songs won't sync (sometimes the first song gets marked with an orange exclamation mark and that's it). I use Spotify on 4 platforms, but not at once, and I just have offline playlist on two of them (one now that it doesn't work on my iPhone). This is very annoying since I usually use Spotify when I have no internet connection. Anyone having the same problems? Thankful for help.
401 Replies

I have done EVERYTHING and nothing has worked for me

i need help, i am trying to download a playlist to be available offline and i am connected to wifi, but only 139 out of 302 of my songs will sync. I have 1.42 GB of storage available and every time i try to start it over again, it gets to 139 and won't download any more. helpppp

What happens if you remove the track it is stuck on?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I couldn't get sync working at all on my ipod , iphone or ipad all running latest available IOS .

The ipod was the only one low on space.

I use the same spotify account  to logon and normally sync playlists I need.

With the ipod was running low on space, I cleared space on the ipod only  and now playlist added sync's again across any of them I need.

Hope that helps others with same issue and setup.

I have the same problem. I have tried a bunch of methods - nothing seems to work. It just wont sync to an offline track. However, songs that exist in the "spotify database" so to speak - works fine - the problem occurs when i try to sync a track that's not available in spotify.

to be frank - it's getting rather annoying and I would very much like to see this problem get fixed - since I am paying a monthly fee and all...

@arnibarni100 Have you managed to successfully synch local files from your PC before? What mobile device are you using?

Yes actually, in the past it worked fine. I am using iPhone 4s.

Hi everyone! I don't know if this can happen but, in windows for example - it's not unheard of that certain programs clash and contribute to either or both of them not working. Could this be for iPhones (or any other smartphone)? Perhaps everyone could type which apps they are using? If an app is very common here, then maybe that app and spotify is clashing?

(feel free to explain why this couldn't happen at all - if you have this knowledge)

Problem I have is that I used to added songs to my Starred list and they downloaded to the App for offline listening.

I dont see this function available in the new version? How do I do this ?

I have this issue too. Nothing will synch. Occasionally one song does, then it stops. Used to work fine. I have 7 GB free. Nice work again Spotify. . I will add this to the insanely slow performance and missing offline album art. Your software suckss.

@JytteM wrote:

Mine won't sync in any way. No files what so ever. Re-installed Spotify, but no syncing what so ever. I'm on the same WIFI for both computer and phone. My iPhone will play songs, so the internet works, but it won't sync anything. I tried everything. I do have enough free space. 

Thank you in advance! 

- Jytte M 

I have tried going to playlists, clicking edit, and then clicking the circled arrow. It turned green but I dont think anything is syncing because my laptop made a little spinning arrow... and my phone doesnt do that. What do I do?

My spotify playlists do not download to my iphone once I toggle to available offline. I have tried everything listed in the other forums. I am a premium user. I just bought more space on my phone but it didn't help. I tried restarting , deleting and reinstalling app, logging out and in, etc. Help!!

When you say bought more space what do you mean?

Be aware Spotify can't save onto iCloud space, you need to have space in your device memory for the offline content.

Peter

similar problems here. Im a german USer so sorry for my clumsy english...

Settings: Lumia 630, Windows Phone 81., 3GB+ free storage @ phone, 20+ GB Storage via sd card.

When I try to make my playlists available offline, the app begins to download the tracks and even shows the green arrow which means that the PL was downloaded succesful. 

I close the app, reopen it  - and ALL downladed playlists are gone! The app then begins to re-download them every single time, which is extremely frustrating because listening to spotify via mobile phone was one of the main reasons why i became premium user. And that feature just doesnt work right now.

Some funny details concerning this problem:

- even if he shows all the playlists as not available, there is still 3+GB space blocked at my sd card. It seems, even if the app is deleting the titles after every restart, he still keeps some temp data on the sd card.

- Sometimes, when the app is re synchronizing again, it happens that the app immediately skips 101 Titles, sync process sometimes starts at 101 of xxx files. Could be a sign that he hasnt really deleted all the songs but only has "forgotten" that they areon the sd card and sometimes "rememers" when it comes to sync.

- Downloading small playlists one after another sometimes helps to keep the files. I tried to sync only one playlist, restart phone, restart app, download another etc. That helped a litte bit but just ONE playlist too much...and everything was gone again. 

- When i first checked my "offline devices" List on my Profile website, i found 2 entries with exactly the same device. I deleted both of them , now i only have one Windows-Phone on my list, that didnt have any effect on the bug.

I already spent several days tryin to fix this problem: Reinstalled the App, tried both logins (Facebook, Spotify), changed SD Card, erased the device from the "offline devices" List in my profile, turned phone off and on again and again...nothing worked. 

To be clear: Its OK to release Android and iOS versions earlier, i like the redesign and the new radio feature...bu fo me the app is completely useless at the moment. Right now im paying for something that just doesnt work...and thats why im startin to get REALLY angry. 

It seems that im by far not the only one with this major problem so all i can say is PLEASE PLEASE fix this crucial bug!

Thanks!

@Blackgamer - From reports on the community, the WP app does not yet correctly support SD card data storage. If you store Spotify on internal storage it will probably work correctly. It is something that has been passed over to the Spotify teams.

Peter

Hi Peter,

thank you very much for the super-fast answer!  🙂

I will try to reinstall the app directly on my internal storage and ckeck out what happens.

In any case, im glad to know the reason for the problems now, so thanks again !

Hi Blackgamer

I have the same problem. My reinstalled the spotify app on phone storage, but the problme still exists.

Phone: Nokia Lumia 630 (Language: german)

Settings Spotify

- music quality streaming normal

- music quality download normal

Just so folk don't get confused, this is the iOS section. The windows phone section is over here.

Thanks, i just saw the post from blackgamer.....thx

Quick Update:

Download offline Playlists to phone storage worked fine for me, now im waiting for the update to finally use the SD card for Spotify 🙂

Suggested posts