Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Solved!! spotify iphone app issues

Hi, I have the spotify app (premium version) "Version 3.7.0" on my iphone 5 and over the last few days, the App has been crashing every time I open the app. Interestingly, the songs are playing when they connect to my car's bluetooth, but if I want t...

• Regular
  • Hi,    I have the spotify app (premium version) "Version 3.7.0" on my iphone 5 and over the last few days, the App has been crashing every time I open the app.  Interestingly, the s...
  • DasPeter
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Cannot log in without Facebook!

I have deactivated my Facebook account. I'm sick of it. But because I initially signed up through Facebook, I can't get into spotify. I have premium and love it. But I hate fb more. It would be a shame for me to end my subscription of spotify over my...

• I have deactivated my Facebook account. I'm sick of it. But because I initially signed up through Facebook, I can't get into spotify. I have premium and love it. But I hate fb more. It would be a sha...
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Only listen on app

Okay so I can only listen to a song whilst the app is open and my iPhone 5c is unlocked. Im on the latest iOS 8 and I have primium. I'm connected to wifi and nothing is working.

• Casual Listener
  • Okay so I can only listen to a song whilst the app is open and my iPhone 5c is unlocked. Im on the latest iOS 8 and I have primium. I'm connected to wifi and nothing is working.
  • M0HX
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iPhone 5c can't play music off app
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

3.7.0 update problems

After the spotify update 3.7.0 on the 10th of August, everytime i attempt to open the app on my iphone 4 ( ios 7.1.2) it asks me to log in. i enter my details and it crashes, can anyone help?

• After the spotify update 3.7.0 on the 10th of August, everytime i attempt to open the app on my iphone 4 ( ios 7.1.2) it asks me to log in. i enter my details and it crashes, can anyone help?
  • Jason
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify (login failed error)

well... One I got signed our randomly... I tried to sign back in but it says login failed (you can only use spotify abroad for 14 days) ... I'm using Facebook to connect... I've tried everything like deleting the app... I've also disconnect it from F...

• Casual Listener
  • well... One I got signed our randomly... I tried to sign back in but it says login failed (you can only use spotify abroad for 14 days) ... I'm using Facebook to connect... I've tried everything like...
  • Jason
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Help me!
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone app freezes if I start offline

Increasingly, Spotify freezes when I open it while I have no signal (while underground commuting). I have to kill the app and restart a few times till it responds. I'm on iPhone 6 and latest version of Spotify

Spotify1.png Spotify1.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Increasingly, Spotify freezes when I open it while I have no signal (while underground commuting). I have to kill the app and restart a few times till it responds. I'm on iPhone 6 and latest version ...
  • Jason
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Help needed getting local files from PC spotify to mobile app.

Hey, I have a few local songs on the desktop version of spotify - things like remixes that aren't available to stream. I downloaded them online and moved them from "local files" to my playlist. However, I'm having trouble figuring out how to access t...

• Hey,   I have a few local songs on the desktop version of spotify - things like remixes that aren't available to stream. I downloaded them online and moved them from "local files" to my playli...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Overseas Listening

I made my account in the U.S. But am in England for holiday. It says that I cannot use spirit overseas for more than 14 days? However I live in Dubai. Once I go back to Dubai will the account work?

• I made my account in the U.S. But am in England for holiday. It says that I cannot use spirit overseas for more than 14 days? However I live in Dubai. Once I go back to Dubai will the account work?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Error 127/"An Error Occurred, Try Again"

Hi there,I suddenly developed this issue following a storage limit warning stopping me from searching the library. I seem able to play my own playlists, radio, Now, etc. but can't search the library without this error.The red bar with Error 127 is vi...

• Regular
  • Hi there, I suddenly developed this issue following a storage limit warning stopping me from searching the library. I seem able to play my own playlists, radio, Now, etc. but can't search the libr...
  • Whiteroam
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • error 127
    try again
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can not login on iphone to my existing spotify account

I have changed device to iphone. When I try to login on Spotify I get the message "Du har redan skapat ett konto med den här e-postadressen" (You have already created an account with this email address). This is true but the thing is that I am not tr...

• Casual Listener
  • I have changed device to iphone. When I try to login on Spotify I get the message "Du har redan skapat ett konto med den här e-postadressen" (You have already created an account with this email ...
  • Jason
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

total playlist length

I cannot find the total time of my playlists using the I pad app. i read it was to be by the offline toggle. it is not on the I pad. super annoying.

• I cannot find the total time of my playlists using the I pad app. i read it was to be by the offline toggle. it is not on the I pad. super annoying.
  • reillybramble
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify crash on start

Iphone 4iOS 7.1.2Hello. Spotify has recently begun crashing on start. I have been unable to start it at all.As soon as I discovered this issue, I did the following things:1. Close all apps. Open Spotify. Crash.2.) Restart device. Crash.3.) Uninstall/...

• Visitor
  • Iphone 4 iOS 7.1.2 Hello. Spotify has recently begun crashing on start. I have been unable to start it at all. As soon as I discovered this issue, I did the following things: 1. Close all a...
  • mchangesq
  • Music Fan
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Spotify crash iphone 4 iOS7.1.2 (current)
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files aren't syncing to iPhone

I'm trying to add local files to my iPhone. I've followed all the instructions provided. I added them to a new playlist on the desktop application, synced to my phone correctly (the new playlist appears on my phone) yet when I set 'Available offline'...

• Visitor
  • I'm trying to add local files to my iPhone.   I've followed all the instructions provided. I added them to a new playlist on the desktop application, synced to my phone correctly (the new play...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

option to listen offline doesn't come up

when i listen to a playlist the listen offline tab doesnt show up. i have a premium subscription and am using an i phone 4s

• Casual Listener
  • when i listen to a playlist the listen offline tab doesnt show up. i have a premium subscription and am using an i phone 4s
  • DasPeter
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify posting to wrong twitter account - help!

How do I disconnect Twitter on ipad from posting to a particular twitter account? I have my own Twitter account and one that I manage for a sports club, and every time I save a track on Spotify (premium) it posts to the sports club Twitter.....embarr...

• Casual Listener
  • How do I disconnect Twitter on ipad from posting to a particular twitter account?  I have my own Twitter account and one that I manage for a sports club, and every time I save a track on Spotify...
  • BucksBlackCat
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doesn't play more than one song on iPhone /

Spotify doesn't play more than one song on iPhonealready deleted and reinstalled app, which didn't help

• Regular
  • Spotify doesn't play more than one song on iPhone already deleted and reinstalled app, which didn't help
  • Renauer
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

cannot log in to supported apps

Hi, I have an iphone 5s w/ spotify premium, which works great. But I also have soundhound and runkeeper apps that are supported with direct linds to spotify. However, whenever I try to connect those apps to spotify, I end up in some kind of loop. It ...

• Hi, I have an iphone 5s w/ spotify premium, which works great.  But I also have soundhound and runkeeper apps that are supported with direct linds to spotify.  However, whenever I try to co...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Disappearing new downloaded and offline saved albums

Dear anybody,I'm a Spotify premium user for about 1 year now. All of a sudden problems arose with new downloaded albums and offline saved songs. Ones I've searched for a new artist, added a couple of his albums and then saved and downloaded all the s...

• Dear anybody, I'm a Spotify premium user for about 1 year now. All of a sudden problems arose with new downloaded albums and offline saved songs. Ones I've searched for a new artist, added a coupl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unsaving offline tracks from any menu

Noticed that if you download a track from, say, the playlist menu, you can't remove it unless you access it through the same menu. Wouldn't it make more sense to be able to deselect available offline from anywhere?

• Music Fan
  • Noticed that if you download a track from, say, the playlist menu, you can't remove it unless you access it through the same menu. Wouldn't it make more sense to be able to deselect available offline...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    save to device
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes