Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Playlist error message?

Hello I'm trying to share my playlists with my friends. Started in particular. But for some reason, whenever they click on my playlists button via phone(it's all I use) it displays an "error occurred" message.I have restartedRedownloaded uninstalledE...

• Visitor
  • Hello I'm trying to share my playlists with my friends. Started in particular. But for some reason, whenever they click on my playlists button via phone(it's all I use) it displays an "error occurred...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iphone 5
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify does not start on iPhone 4S after latest update

Hello, I have been unable to open Spotify on my phone after installing the August 10th update. More specifically, the loading screen comes up, lingers for about 30-40 seconds and then shuttles me back to the dashboard. I have uninstalled and reinstal...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I have been unable to open Spotify on my phone after installing the August 10th update. More specifically, the loading screen comes up, lingers for about 30-40 seconds and then shuttles m...
  • mariopiazzesi
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

"Song Not Synched"

Hello, I added songs to my desktop app from my local files and they play perfectly fine on it. However, whenever I tried to move it to a playlist to synch on my phone, it would just appear in grey colored font and would say "Song Not Synched". I have...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I added songs to my desktop app from my local files and they play perfectly fine on it. However, whenever I tried to move it to a playlist to synch on my phone, it would just appear i...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot browse playlists on car radio

DescriptionWhen using Apple Music (IPhone5, iOS 8.4) with my car radio (Volkswagen MIB II), I can browse through a list of all albums, playlists, artists and songs on my radio. I am currently not able to get this information on my radio when using Sp...

• Regular
  • Description When using Apple Music (IPhone5, iOS 8.4) with my car radio (Volkswagen MIB II), I can browse through a list of all albums, playlists, artists and songs on my radio. I am currently not a...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Removing shuffle as default

Any clue as to how I remove shuffle as the default way to play a playlist in an iphone? This seems to have just arrived for me with the latest version of spotify that I've downloaded

• Any clue as to how I remove shuffle as the default way to play a playlist in an iphone? This seems to have just arrived for me with the latest version of spotify that I've downloaded
  • dan1980
  • 1 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 11 likes

Solved!! Spotify crashes in iOS9 when ads are queued to play

As the subject states. In iOS9, when listening to Spotify it will play music fine, up until the point where an ad should play (Free accounts). The app will then crash and you cannot resume playing without uninstalling and reinstalling the app, and pl...

• Regular
  • As the subject states.   In iOS9, when listening to Spotify it will play music fine, up until the point where an ad should play (Free accounts). The app will then crash and you cannot resume p...
  • maxxmka
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes

Problems with Albums

Just went through a whole of my old CD's and saved them as Album's in Spotify (Windows PC). The Albums appear on my Windows and Mac Spotify, but aren't coming up in my iPhone Spotify. I can still see Albums (on iPhone) that I added a couple of weeks ...

• Just went through a whole of my old CD's and saved them as Album's in Spotify (Windows PC).   The Albums appear on my Windows and Mac Spotify, but aren't coming up in my iPhone Spoti...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Running starts not the music

Hello, today, i want to use the function RUNNING. I made the procedure of the manuale and the Spotify-App says much times "Tempo detected" but the music doesn't start.What is my failure? Can somebody help me? Thanks

• Regular
  • Hello,   today, i want to use the function RUNNING. I made the procedure of the manuale and the Spotify-App says much times "Tempo detected" but the music doesn't start. What is my failu...
  • Te-Punkt
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Not receiving premium from appstore

Im at Beale AFB in california i ordered stopitfy premium from the appstore for $13 and i as i completed the purchase spotify said it was not available in my region but im in california and in the united states im quite angry please help ive signed in...

• Im at Beale AFB in california i ordered stopitfy premium from the appstore for $13 and i as i completed the purchase spotify said it was not available in my region but im in california and in the uni...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems with making music available offline on iOS

I've got an iPhone 6 with over 50GB of space still free. Most of my songs have downloaded for offline use, which is great, but there are still a bunch showing with a grey arrow rather than a green one. I've tried turning my phone off and on again, cl...

• I've got an iPhone 6 with over 50GB of space still free.  Most of my songs have downloaded for offline use, which is great, but there are still a bunch showing with a grey arrow rather than a gr...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I cant connect to facebook from spotify

Im trying to link to Facebook from my iphone spotify account. Wheb i press connect facebook opens, then spotify opens and i go back to the same screen where i began and nothing happen. What can i do??

• Visitor
  • Im trying to link to Facebook from my iphone spotify account. Wheb i press connect facebook opens, then spotify opens and i go back to the same screen where i began and nothing happen. What can i do??
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Multiple issues experienced with Spotify

Hey everyone,Out of nowhere, Spotify began having issues on my Iphone 5. First, music would just stop playing around the 1 minute mark. Fastforwarding the song allowed it to play for maybe 30 seconds at most but then the song would mysteriously stop ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey everyone, Out of nowhere, Spotify began having issues on my Iphone 5. First, music would just stop playing around the 1 minute mark. Fastforwarding the song allowed it to play for maybe 30 secon...
  • Timchang920809
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Logged into Spotify as "." and cannot log out

I cannot login to my Spotify account as I am permanently logged into a bogus account titled "." How do I fix this, please?Thank you in advance!

• I cannot login to my Spotify account as I am permanently logged into a bogus account titled "." How do I fix this, please? Thank you in advance!
  • DasPeter
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! All songs saved to my iPhone are suddenly gone

Hi Spotify, I use an iPhone 6 with iOS 8.1.2 and I have Spotify version 2.2.0.2464 installed (Premium user). A few hours ago I was listening to some of the songs that I had saved locally on my iPhone. The entire list of songs (Your music > Songs) was...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Spotify,   I use an iPhone 6 with iOS 8.1.2 and I have Spotify version 2.2.0.2464 installed (Premium user).   A few hours ago I was listening to some of the songs that I had...
  • joshakatz
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify constant crashes in loadingscreen

Hello! My Spotify on my iPhone 4 constantly crashing. I can't even open the app anymore. I don't really know why because it never happend before. I am using a premium account for the purpose of using Spotify on the phone. This is pretty frustrating w...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello!   My Spotify on my iPhone 4 constantly crashing. I can't even open the app anymore. I don't really know why because it never happend before. I am using a premium account for the purpo...
  • AGeekWithProbs
  • Casual Listener
  • 20 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify NOW & Shows - an urban myth?

This "feature" was announced back on May 20th and we are almost 12 weeks to the day and it seems many premium users still do not have any of the new enhancements. Can Spotify give a real answer to when these are coming out rather than the typical "co...

• Music Fan
  • This "feature" was announced back on May 20th and we are almost 12 weeks to the day and it seems many premium users still do not have any of the new enhancements.  Can Spotify give a real answer...
  • mapuya19
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I want my local files on my phone.

I would like to have some of my personal music that is not on spotify to listen to on my iPhone, how do I make it so I can put it onto my phone? The local files play fine on my PC but I would like them on my phone. T.I.A

• Casual Listener
  • I would like to have some of my personal music that is not on spotify to listen to on my iPhone, how do I make it so I can put it onto my phone? The local files play fine on my PC but I would like th...
  • swizy47
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Local music flies won't play on iphone

I have songs on my Windows computer that I have ripped from CDs and bought from iTunes. I can play them on the computer. But they show up as greyed out on my iphone. Here are the circumstances: --I have my computer and my iphone on the same internet ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have songs on my Windows computer that I have ripped from CDs and bought from iTunes. I can play them on the computer. But they show up as greyed out on my iphone. Here are the circumstances: ...
  • ArmsAsuncion
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Dissapeared / empty playlists

Hi everyone, for some reason I can't find my playlists anymore with my Iphone 5s. At the 'my music' section it just finds my favorites but the list is empty (or at least, not loading the songs) and my other playlists are all gone. Furthermore, I can'...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everyone,   for some reason I can't find my playlists anymore with my Iphone 5s. At the 'my music' section it just finds my favorites but the list is empty (or at least, not loading the son...
  • Remia00
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes