Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Spotify and Facebook

My old spotify account is linked to my current facebook account; however, my old spotify account had my old email address. Therefore, I created a new spotify account with my current email address but now I cannot link it to my facebook because it is ...

• My old spotify account is linked to my current facebook account; however, my old spotify account had my old email address. Therefore, I created a new spotify account with my current email address but...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Mobile - Glitches

Hi, when I listen to a song on Spotify mobile it fast forwards the song on me and then skips to the next song within a few seconds of playing it. I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling it, but that hasn't worked. I have also tried restarting ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, when I listen to a song on Spotify mobile it fast forwards the song on me and then skips to the next song within a few seconds of playing it. I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling it, bu...
  • ty3
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't find song in Playlist

Hello everybody,i saved a Playlist called "Mix of the week". I have found a song i really love, but it disappeared because the Playlist changes every week.Where can i find this lost song because the playlist songs aren't in the "Song" cathegory. I sa...

• Hello everybody, i saved a Playlist called "Mix of the week". I have found a song i really love, but it disappeared because the Playlist changes every week. Where can i find this lost song because ...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Release 3.7.0 - battery eater in IOS 8.4.1

This version of Spotify really drain the battery of my iphone with IOS 8.4.1With 15 minutes of listening, tooks 25% of my battery. Even if I'm listening a downloaded playlist.Please, consider this issue and fix it. Thank you in advance.

• This version of Spotify really drain the battery of my iphone with IOS 8.4.1 With 15 minutes of listening, tooks 25% of my battery. Even if I'm listening a downloaded playlist. Please, consider thi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Performance on IPod Touch 5g better now!

The last update had an great effect on performance on Ipod Touch 5G, scrolling through long album list was were unsmooth before. Loading of album covers is now much better und smooth! Thank you, I hope this stays as it is now. I already thought about...

• Casual Listener
  • The last update had an great effect on performance on Ipod Touch 5G, scrolling through long album list was were unsmooth before. Loading of album covers is now much better und smooth! Thank you, I ho...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify, fix it finally!

Fix the horrible cache. It grows to hunderds MBs. At least implement a clean cache option in settings. < Its no big deal. Even a basic programmer can do. Yes i'm a programmer also. This cache problem stayed for years and no one did something... Shame...

• Casual Listener
  • Fix the horrible cache. It grows to hunderds MBs. At least implement a clean cache option in settings. < Its no big deal. Even a basic programmer can do. Yes i'm a programmer also. This cache prob...
  • Akaash00
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Spotify cache ios
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

New update shuts down

Brief description of the issue: I did an update yesterday, spotify was working fine earlier and now it shuts down as soon as I open it. I deleted and re-downloaded the ap, turned the phone on/off a couple times. Keeps happening. I can even sign in to...

• Brief description of the issue: I did an update yesterday, spotify was working fine earlier and now it shuts down as soon as I open it. I deleted and re-downloaded the ap, turned the phone on/off a c...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Login Failed on iPhone only, laptop and desktop ok

I just signed up for a Premium account, I can login on my laptop and desktop but my iphone tells me that either the username or password is wrong--but they work on other devices. I've tried deleting and re-downloading the app 3 times. I've also tried...

• I just signed up for a Premium account, I can login on my laptop and desktop but my iphone tells me that either the username or password is wrong--but they work on other devices.  I've tried del...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iphone login fail
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify apps force closes everytime I try to log in

I couldn't log into my spotify iOS apps using my facebook account after I update the apps to the lastest version. everytime I click the login button the facebook page opens up then jump back to the spotify apps. The login process lasts for like 3 sec...

• Casual Listener
  • I couldn't log into my spotify iOS apps using my facebook account after I update the apps to the lastest version. everytime I click the login button the facebook page opens up then jump back to the s...
  • jpmcclain1212
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Some songs just don't play on the iPhone

I have several songs that simply will not play on my iPhone. I have tried every solution I can think of but nothing seems to work. PLEASE help!

• I have several songs that simply will not play on my iPhone.  I have tried every solution I can think of but nothing seems to work.    PLEASE help!
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

ios App freezes while adding songs to playlists

I haven't been able to add songs to playlists for weeks. I have the latest iOS and Spotify version. When I tap add, the modal UI comes up. Then I tap the list I want to add it to and it highlights (responds). Then the modal UI never disappears, the s...

• Casual Listener
  • I haven't been able to add songs to playlists for weeks.  I have the latest iOS and Spotify version.  When I tap add, the modal UI comes up.  Then I tap the list I want to add it to an...
  • wmel
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • IOS 8.4
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! How to remove starred playlist!!!

I have been loving the new spotify update that occured a few months ago but I can't remove the "Starred" playlist. I think I had some old offline songs imported from my old pc and when I went to my new pc and spotify updated, these files no longer ex...

Capture.PNG
  • Casual Listener
  • I have been loving the new spotify update that occured a few months ago but I can't remove the "Starred" playlist. I think I had some old offline songs imported from my old pc and when I went to my n...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

IPhone Lost All Saved Music

All of my saved music is gone there is only one song that has appeared and it is a song I just saved. The artists names still show up in the artists tab but it says I have not saved any of they're songs. On my computer, all of my saved music is still...

• Casual Listener
  • All of my saved music is gone there is only one song that has appeared and it is a song I just saved. The artists names still show up in the artists tab but it says I have not saved any of they're so...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Iphone app wont let me log in

So everytime i hit Log In and manually type in my username and password, I get the message: Login Failed you hve lready created an account with this email addresslike said all im doing is trying to log in to my old accountAlso, whenever I try to log ...

• So everytime i hit Log In and manually type in my username and password, I get the message: Login Failed you hve lready created an account with this email address like  said all im doing i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Not even opening

I have a premium membership, and sometimes it works great. But most of the time the app doesn't even open, and it's been happening a lot more lately.I open the app and it crashes before loading.My device is iphone 5s 7.1.2

• I have a premium membership, and sometimes it works great. But most of the time the app doesn't even open, and it's been happening a lot more lately. I open the app and it crashes before loading. M...
  • madzither
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Helppp please

On the iPad app it's says try premium but it doesn't on the iPhone, I haven't had a free trial plus i don't know how to find one if that makes sense I really need help

• On the iPad app it's says try premium but it doesn't on the iPhone, I haven't had a free trial plus i don't know how to find one if that makes sense I really need help
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify 3.7.0 crashes on ios 7.1

as of a few days ago, i can no longer log into Spotify on my ios phone (Facebook or login+pw). It crashes.

• Casual Listener
  • as of a few days ago, i can no longer log into Spotify on my ios phone (Facebook or login+pw).   It crashes.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Crash
    iOS 7.1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs on iphne and wndows 10 laptop

I have spotify on both my iphone and windows 10 laptop.I downloaded some songs/albums onto my laptop but they do not appear on my iphone.Is this a problem anyone else has been having?I have over 3000 songs on my iphone. Is this the problem?Your thoug...

• I have spotify on both my iphone and windows 10 laptop. I downloaded some songs/albums onto my laptop but they do not appear on my iphone. Is this a problem anyone else has been having? ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

NOT HAPPY!!! paid for premium

I have payed for premium. I got the email and all saying welcome to premium. Oh guess what. Not working today. Ive emailed spotify. Tweeted spotifycares and nothing. Youve took my money i just want the service now

• Casual Listener
  • I have payed for premium. I got the email and all saying welcome to premium. Oh guess what. Not working today. Ive emailed spotify. Tweeted spotifycares and nothing. Youve took my money i just want t...
  • mike_vengeance
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify sync isn't working between iOS devices

Hi, I am a premium user and have been for over two years. Recently been having very annoying sync issues when adding playlists / albums to iPad or iPhone. Which ever device I choose to add the playlist or album to, the other device doesn't see the ne...

• Hi,   I am a premium user and have been for over two years. Recently been having very annoying sync issues when adding playlists / albums to iPad or iPhone.   Which ever device I c...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes