Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Queue problems when using Spotify Connect

Hi, I am having problems when queueing songs while using Spotify Connect. I am controlling a Gramofon with an iPhone 6, and queueing is currently not working at all. Regardless of how many songs I add to the queue, the second the next song starts, th...

• Regular
  • Hi, I am having problems when queueing songs while using Spotify Connect. I am controlling a Gramofon with an iPhone 6, and queueing is currently not working at all. Regardless of how many songs ...
  • edwardmp
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify Running for iPhone

I was wondering when Spotify Running would be available for iPhone? I have the app and a premium subscription, but I cannot access the Spotify Running or Spotify New which is supposedly available. Does anyone know if it's available to all users or ho...

• I was wondering when Spotify Running would be available for iPhone?  I have the app and a premium subscription, but I cannot access the Spotify Running or Spotify New which is supposedly availab...
  • Ivan92
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New update issues

Ever since i have updated the app it has been giving me problems. All my songs will only play half way through, there are some songs, artist, and playlist that i am not able to play. Downloaded or not. The update has some serious glitches. I dont kno...

• Ever since i have updated the app it has been giving me problems. All my songs will only play half way through, there are some songs, artist, and playlist that i am not able to play. Downloaded or no...
  • Ivan92
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Why my playlist won't syn

Hi can u tell me why I cannot download my playlist and listen to offline ? I pay 9.99 per month and I have to waste my 3G data just to stream the music . Getting frustrated!!!'

• Casual Listener
  • Hi can u tell me why I cannot download my playlist and listen to offline ? I pay 9.99 per month and I have to waste my 3G data just to stream the music . Getting frustrated!!!'
  • oreillysHD
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Connect only works for one song

My wife is having a problem with Spotify connect. We can fire up Spotify on my iPad, tap the speaker icon and select my desktop (OS X), and play a song. It will work for one song, then my iPad and desktop will start playing different songs. Interesti...

• My wife is having a problem with Spotify connect. We can fire up Spotify on my iPad, tap the speaker icon and select my desktop (OS X), and play a song. It will work for one song, then...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

$0.99 a month

I have tried the free week trial for premium and now im trying to get the 3 months for $0.99 but its not letting me do it because it says "i have already done it" which isn't true. Help me please

• Casual Listener
  • I have tried the free week trial for premium and now im trying to get the 3 months for $0.99 but its not letting me do it because it says "i have already done it" which isn't true. Help me please
  • LordRollin
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Obly one song won't play

I have spotify premium so I have all my songs downloaded onto my phone. One song, even though it says it's downloaded, will not play past 10 seconds. I have tried unselecting that song and then putting it back into my songs and I can't seem to make i...

• Casual Listener
  • I have spotify premium so I have all my songs downloaded onto my phone. One song, even though it says it's downloaded, will not play past 10 seconds. I have tried unselecting that song and then putti...
  • Cretrum
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Paid for premium but won't activate in app

I have paid for premium service, it has been deducted from my account but still no activation in the app. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app with no luck.

• Casual Listener
  • I have paid for premium service, it has been deducted from my account but still no activation in the app. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app with no luck.
  • LordRollin
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Revert back to old spotify on ios8 on iPhone 6plus

Hi there looking to revert old version on iOS 8.3 back to old spotify don't like how all news features and videos please help me anyone on iPhone 6plus

• Visitor
  • Hi there looking to revert old version on iOS 8.3 back to old spotify don't like how all news features and videos please help me anyone on iPhone 6plus
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Liked from Radio Playlist not there

I am on the mobile app and have searched constantly for where to find this. No it is not on my side bar and it may be possible I deleted it at some point bit I do not remember. I use spotify irregularly so if there is any way I can get it back, someo...

• I am on the mobile app and have searched constantly for where to find this. No it is not on my side bar and it may be possible I deleted it at some point bit I do not remember. I use spotify irregula...
  • DasPeter
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My premium won't work when I'm offline

I just bought premium and when my phone is offline it doesn't work and I am also still getting commercials. I tried logging out and back in and I also re downloaded the app but nothing has worked. Help!

• I just bought premium and when my phone is offline it doesn't work and I am also still getting commercials. I tried logging out and back in and I also re downloaded the app but nothing has worked. He...
  • LordRollin
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Local files not syncing anymore

After the update from 0.9 to 1.0 version, Spotify lost its ability to recognize my iPhone device on the desktop app. There used to be an option to see your device through the left side panel, and you could select if you want to sync the entire playli...

• Regular
  • After the update from 0.9 to 1.0 version, Spotify lost its ability to recognize my iPhone device on the desktop app. There used to be an option to see your device through the left side panel, and you...
  • ptofil
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

iOS App menu page useless if you've got a mobile data allowance

When you start the app you're presented with the following options: SearchNowMomentsRunningMusicShowsYour Library As it turns out, if I'm outside and wanting to save my mobile data allowance, the only one I'm interested in is the last one: the music ...

• Gig Goer
  • When you start the app you're presented with the following options:   Search Now Moments Running Music Shows Your Library   As it turns out, if I'm outside and wanting to sav...
  • LordRollin
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Interface
    mobile data
    the obtuse wizards of Spotify mountain who decide the minor annoyances of thousands based on the consistency of their breakfast
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems in update 3.0.0 :mansad:

Yesterday my iphone 4S show me an update in the appthe content says (The new experience of genders ins Spotify now is avilable for iPad)I download the update but the from yesterday to today when you try to open the app;my mobile restart....Please hel...

• Casual Listener
  • Yesterday my iphone 4S show me an update in the app the content says (The new experience of genders ins Spotify now is avilable for iPad) I download the update but the from yesterday to today when ...
  • ugaldej
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Album art mission when in offline mode.

When I am using Spotify on my iphone 6 plus offline, album art does not show. This has been happening for about 2 weeks now. Any help is appreciated. Mike

• When I am using Spotify on my iphone 6 plus offline,  album art does not show.   This has been happening for about 2 weeks now.    Any help is appreciated.   Mike
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How do I use Spotify (free) on my iPhone?

Hi everyone, I am new to using Spotify, but I had my iPhone since last year. I don't have the iPhone 4S. I actually have the Verizon iPhone 4, it's an older version. It came in 16GB, and 32GB in Black, or White. I do have the latest iOS which is iOS ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everyone, I am new to using Spotify, but I had my iPhone since last year. I don't have the iPhone 4S. I actually have the Verizon iPhone 4, it's an older version. It came in 16GB, and 32GB in Blac...
  • micki31
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

One track stops the queue and can't repeat itself

Hi, So I recently added a new song to Spotify from my computer (local file). There's no problem with the Mac version of Spotify, but when I play it on the iOS version, it can only be listened to once : the track stops at the end and freeze, no matter...

• Visitor
  • Hi,   So I recently added a new song to Spotify from my computer (local file). There's no problem with the Mac version of Spotify, but when I play it on the iOS version, it can only be listene...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! sound stops after approx 30 seconds

Having a problem with spotify and iphone 3gs ios 6.1.6. App works for aboujt 30 seconds then no sound while track still plays. Restarting the app results in track again playing for 30 seconds. Happens with any track. Tried uninstalling and reinstalli...

• Having a problem with spotify and iphone 3gs ios 6.1.6. App works for aboujt 30 seconds then no sound while track still plays.   Restarting the app results in track again playing for 30 second...
  • mkbean
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crash au démarrage sur tous mes supports mobiles iOS

Bonjour, J'utilise 2 iPhones (4s et 6) et un iPad (4), régulièrement, l'application crash au démarrage et je ne peux plus rien faire mise à part réinstaller l'appli et de fait, relancer les syncronisations. Ce n'est pas simultané sur tous les apparei...

• Bonjour,    J'utilise 2 iPhones (4s et 6) et un iPad (4), régulièrement, l'application crash au démarrage et je ne peux plus rien faire mise à part réinstaller l'appli et de fait, relance...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums not playing in order

Hi, I'm a premium member and I'm unable to play albums in order. I go to artist (Frank Turner) select album (The Third Three Years) and select the first song. When the song finishes it plays a random song from the album next, not the next track on th...

• Hi, I'm a premium member and I'm unable to play albums in order. I go to artist (Frank Turner) select album (The Third Three Years) and select the first song. When the song finishes it plays a random...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes