Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Crossfade playlist not working

Hi, I have an Iphone 4 on iOs 7.1.2 and have set up some playlists but crossfade isnt working, in either offline of online mode.Spotify version 3.0.0.2566. Crossfade works fine on my pc.

• Hi,   I have an Iphone 4 on iOs 7.1.2 and have set up some playlists but crossfade isnt working, in either offline of online mode. Spotify version 3.0.0.2566.   Crossfade works fine on...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Restore purchase

I upgraded to premium on my tablet but it isn't updated on my iPhone why and how can I fix this

• I upgraded to premium on my tablet but it isn't updated on my iPhone why and how can I fix this
  • AmoosingBerry
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline not working

I am trialing Spotify for the 1 week free subscription. I have added songs to a playlist but Spotify wont let me play them offline. It comes up with a window saying something about the premium subscription.

• I am trialing Spotify for the 1 week free subscription. I have added songs to a playlist but Spotify wont let me play them offline. It comes up with a window saying something about the premium subscr...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect iPhone and Yamaha receiver RX-V477

Hi, I saw a thread regarding this issue but with android devices. The thread is not solved either. I have the latest firmware from Yamaha for RX-V477. I have a premium Spotify account. I can see the receiver in the Spotify iPhone app but it will not ...

• Hi, I saw a thread regarding this issue but with android devices. The thread is not solved either. I have the latest firmware from Yamaha for RX-V477. I have a premium Spotify account. I can see the ...
  • Pauloforestal
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Always Offline using app...

I love Spotify but I hate the fact I try to use the app and it says I'm "Offline"... May have to go back to Pandora since it works every time.

• I love Spotify but I hate the fact I try to use the app and it says I'm "Offline"... May have to go back to Pandora since it works every time.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Show more popular tracks per artist

When I want a quick fix of an artist I start at the top of their most popular and let it play through - this works great on desktop with ten tracks which lasts about as long as a regular album. On iOS there are only five – Is there a way to get the t...

• Casual Listener
  • When I want a quick fix of an artist I start at the top of their most popular and let it play through - this works great on desktop with ten tracks which lasts about as long as a regular album. On iO...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

what great playlist/ radio is playing?

This is a simple question... How to I know what playlist/radio is playing? It's great ...it's from the day beforebut but I haven't 'plussed' it immediately (and i forgot it's name), so it's off hte radar. The play icon does not appear on any radio an...

• This is a simple question...   How to I know what playlist/radio is playing? It's great ...it's from the day beforebut but I haven't 'plussed' it immediately (and i forgot it's name), so ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • what radio or playlist is playing
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How do I remove sync'd songs?

Spotify is taking up 2.3gb and on my friends phone it only takes up 1.3gb I'm assuming this is because he doesn't sync songs. How do I unsync songs and free up some memory on my phone?

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify is taking up 2.3gb and on my friends phone it only takes up 1.3gb I'm assuming this is because he doesn't sync songs. How do I unsync songs and free up some memory on my phone?
  • FruitMeister
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline mode synced songs unavailable

So I'm new with spotify premium but I understand how to sync songs. I've set a playlist to offline mode and all the songs synced. When I leave an Internet connection and set spotify to offline mode, the tracks that I previously synced are greyed out ...

• Casual Listener
  • So I'm new with spotify premium but I understand how to sync songs. I've set a playlist to offline mode and all the songs synced. When I leave an Internet connection and set spotify to offline mode, ...
  • evilpineapple98
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost playlistsI created some playlists last Tuesday evening and they have dissapeared.

I created playlists on Tuesday - I could see them on the computer but not on my phone and now they've gone from my computer also and are no where to be seen.Help!!Could it be to do with me logging in to create playlists on one device while I was logg...

• Casual Listener
  • I created playlists on Tuesday - I could see them on the computer but not on my phone and now they've gone from my computer also and are no where to be seen. Help!! Could it be to do with me loggin...
  • Chicknsours
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

IPhone 5 BMW connected drive error message

IPhone 6 users have complained about the error message that prevents their iPhones connecting to the BMW connected drive. It is also a problem with iPhone 5 users. Come on Spotify, why bother paying for a premium subscription if you can't use it.This...

• IPhone 6 users have complained about the error message that prevents their iPhones connecting to the BMW connected drive. It is also a problem with iPhone 5 users. Come on Spotify, why bother paying ...
  • Ivan92
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Offline mode not working

So I got premium spotify and for some reason it will not download all my songs I want it to on offline mode! I need help! Please tell me what to do

• So I got premium spotify and for some reason it will not download all my songs I want it to on offline mode! I need help! Please tell me what to do
  • Ivan92
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Certificate invalid or expired (USB IN BMW CARS)

spotyfi to connect the USB cable at BMW is giving error MESSAGE talking that this CERTIFICATE IS expired or invalid. Iseo with the integration with BMW vehicles stopped working.

• Visitor
  • spotyfi to connect the USB cable at BMW is giving error MESSAGE talking that this CERTIFICATE IS expired or invalid. Iseo with the integration with BMW vehicles stopped working.
  • Ivan92
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Error integration in BMW
  • 5 replies
  • 7 likes

spotify stops and starts

when playing spotify on my ipad mini it works ok but when i airplay it to my Bose speaker it works ok for 20 mins then the music will stop for 5 seconds then start again then it does this over and over again. i have tried re installing everything and...

• when playing spotify on my ipad mini it works ok but when i airplay it to my Bose speaker it works ok for 20 mins then the music will stop for 5 seconds then start again then it does this over and ov...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

My Ipod Nano (5th gen) is not showing up on Spotify after updating version

Yesterday I updated my spotify desktop (1.0.1.935.g010041b2) on my Macbook Pro (OS X Yosemite) and my Ipod nano stopped showing up on the left pane. I have a 5th generation Ipod Nano, without the lightning connector, and it worked previously. It happ...

• Yesterday I updated my spotify desktop (1.0.1.935.g010041b2) on my Macbook Pro (OS X Yosemite) and my Ipod nano stopped showing up on the left pane. I have a 5th generation Ipod Nano, without the lig...
  • Carcuervo
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Music Not Showing Up on Iphone

Some songs on the computer are not showing up on my Iphone, why and most importantly how can I fix the issue? I've only noticed one song so far but I would like to fix this problem. Thanks.

• Casual Listener
  • Some songs on the computer are not showing up on my Iphone, why and most importantly how can I fix the issue? I've only noticed one song so far but I would like to fix this problem. Thanks.
  • Bronquin
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Help - None of my playlists show up on my mobile app

All of my playlists are suddenly gone from my mobile app. They still show up on my computer, but there are no playlists in "my music" on my iPhone. I have tried signing out everywhere and signing back in. I have also tried deleting and then reinstall...

• All of my playlists are suddenly gone from my mobile app. They still show up on my computer, but there are no playlists in "my music" on my iPhone.    I have tried signing out everywhere ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify offline

Why can't I play my music with spotify in offline? I have a premium membership! I have a iPhone 5

• Why can't I play my music with spotify in offline? I have a premium membership! I have a iPhone 5
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify iOS app does not continuously play local tracks

Ever since signing up for Premium and using Spotify on my iPhone 5 for the last couple or three years, I've noticed a problem that seems to only apply to most (if not all) of my locally originated tracks. Tracks from the Spotify catalog will play fro...

• Ever since signing up for Premium and using Spotify on my iPhone 5 for the last couple or three years, I've noticed a problem that seems to only apply to most (if not all) of my locally originated tr...
  • Fishtaco
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iphone5
    Local tracks
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Will I be charged.

Okay, I haven't found a thread with full detail that'll help me, so let me explain. So when I got my phone about three months ago, I got a Sprint message saying that I can redeem three free months of premium. As everyone does, I did. About a week ago...

• Okay, I haven't found a thread with full detail that'll help me, so let me explain. So when I got my phone about three months ago, I got a Sprint message saying that I can redeem three free months of...
  • smidny
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes