Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Iphone not showing up in devices/ Unable to sync local files anymore

My device (an iPhone 4) use to appear in my devices fine, but I have change to an iPhone 5s and now it won't recognise it. I've tried what spotify have suggested, which was to switch the computer off and on again, and my phone, but it still isn't wor...

• Regular
  • My device (an iPhone 4) use to appear in my devices fine, but I have change to an iPhone 5s and now it won't recognise it. I've tried what spotify have suggested, which was to switch the computer off...
  • Will_96
  • Regular
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

how to un sync?

I'm running low on space, how can I unsync spotify? 

• I'm running low on space, how can I unsync spotify? 
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Stop browse from opening

I have spotify on my iPhone (completely updated) and Every time I turn it on, it automatically goes to the browse option but takes forever. Even if I was listening to a playlist 10 mins before, the app resets, shows the playlist that I ws listening t...

• Casual Listener
  • I have spotify on my iPhone (completely updated) and Every time I turn it on, it automatically goes to the browse option but takes forever. Even if I was listening to a playlist 10 mins before, the a...
  • isanka
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to use spotify at all on iPhone

I have an active spotify premium subscription and I use spotify on my iphone 5S. I amnow unable to use spotify at all. Everything I do I am told an error has occurred, but no error code. I have logged out, reinstalled, makes no difference. What is th...

• I have an active spotify premium subscription and I use spotify on my iphone 5S. I am now unable to use spotify at all. Everything I do I am told an error has occurred, but no error code. I have ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Multiple devices

How do I add another account to my spotify account? 

• Visitor
  • How do I add another account to my spotify account? 
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! how do I close a playlist opened from a webpage?

I'm getting a URL for a playlist in Spotify to use on a web page. When I open the URL in Safari ithe playlist opens in Spotify OK and works fine. However, I can see no way of closing the view of the playlist. It's the same when opening an album from ...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm getting a URL for a playlist in Spotify to use on a web page. When I open the URL in Safari ithe playlist opens in Spotify OK and works fine. However, I can see no way of closing the view of the ...
  • seaotter
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Sync with iPod Classic

He guys! I just tried to sync my iPod Classic with spotify.I did every step like it's recommended on the spotify page.So, now I can see my iPod in the left line, but when I wanna sync something, spotify won't copy the selected playlists on my iPod.Th...

• He guys! I just tried to sync my iPod Classic with spotify. I did every step like it's recommended on the spotify page. So, now I can see my iPod in the left line, but when I wanna sync som...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify won't load or play any music iPhone 5s

The probem started three days ago. I tried opening Spotify and it would try to load but immediately would crash. I tried it a few more times throughough the next few days but it never worked even after restarting my phone. So I reinstalled that app.....

• Casual Listener
  • The probem started three days ago. I tried opening Spotify and it would try to load but immediately would crash. I tried it a few more times throughough the next few days but it never worked even aft...
  • austinvegh
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How does my family play music on their phones.

My mom tries to play music on her phone and it plays to mine is there a way we can play music at the same time we have premium.

• My mom tries to play music on her phone and it plays to mine is there a way we can play music at the same time we have premium.
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify closes

When I start spotify on my iPad, spotify closes itself after just a few seconds. I have upgraded spotify several times, I have also reinstall spotify but without success. What should I do...?

• Casual Listener
  • When I start spotify on my iPad, spotify closes itself after just a few seconds. I have upgraded spotify several times, I have also reinstall spotify but without success. What should I do...?
  • moto_n_more
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Not synching

I am not able to synch offline lists when connected to wifi.. Why? World fine before, and wifi is ok.. Please advice

• Casual Listener
  • I am not able to synch offline lists when connected to wifi.. Why? World fine before, and wifi is ok.. Please advice
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify App stuck on "Connecting" on 3G Cellular Data iOS 7.0.4 iPhone 4S

The Spotify app was working a couple of days ago, then suddenly since yesterday everytime I use it away from any WiFi connection it gets stuck on "Connecting" on the lower part of the screen, making it unable to play any type of tracks. I have reinst...

• Casual Listener
  • The Spotify app was working a couple of days ago, then suddenly since yesterday everytime I use it away from any WiFi connection it gets stuck on "Connecting" on the lower part of the screen, making ...
  • PaulBC
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Only a few of my playlists appear on my IPad

I have premium (or at least a free trial of it) and see that only around 15 of my playlists appear on the iPad. It isn't set to offline mode, and I've switched between hiding and not hiding unavailable tracks to no avail - this only changes slightly ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have premium (or at least a free trial of it) and see that only around 15 of my playlists appear on the iPad. It isn't set to offline mode, and I've switched between hiding and not hiding unavaila...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

How to sync to ipod? after stupidly clicking no to

the 'Erase all ipod and sync with spotify' option? i did this by accident the first time i plugged in my new shuffle and the option has never come back! Thanks

• the 'Erase all ipod and sync with spotify'  option? i did this by accident the first time i plugged in my new shuffle and the option has never come back!   Thanks  
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why does the search function on iOS suck now?

I've been using Spotify for a while on iPhone, iPad. At some point recently they updated the app and it seems to have changed the search function. To me, it seems like it has regressed. It use to be that if you searched for a term... for example "Bow...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been using Spotify for a while on iPhone, iPad. At some point recently they updated the app and it seems to have changed the search function.  To me, it seems like it has regressed. &...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems with Alpine IDA-X305S

Hi,I have just brought an Alpine IDA X-305S media receiver for my car to connect my iPhone 5s running Spotify (which I am a premium paid member).When I connect the iPhone via USB I get 'No Song' displayed and there is no playback.My girlfriend has ex...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I have just brought an Alpine IDA X-305S media receiver for my car to connect my iPhone 5s running Spotify (which I am a premium paid member). When I connect the iPhone via USB I get 'No Song...
  • DanHowes
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect - I really want to use it!

Hi, I've got a Mac, a PC, iPad, a Denon receiver AVR-1000 (not on the list) and iPhone. I still try to figure out which devices can use Spotify Connect and which can't. Without going into too much detail, I have some use case where I really could use...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I've got a Mac, a PC, iPad, a Denon receiver AVR-1000 (not on the list) and iPhone. I still try to figure out which devices can use Spotify Connect and which can't. Without going into too much de...
  • MattJThompson
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify in car with usb connection

In my new car I can connect my iphone 4 running iOS 5.1.1 so I can play all the songs that are in my music app. Now when I start spotify I can only play te first song and after that the car stereo automatically switches to de default music app! Is th...

• Regular
  • In my new car I can connect my iphone 4 running iOS 5.1.1 so I can play all the songs that are in my music app.   Now when I start spotify I can only play te first song and after that the ca...
  • ruteclrp
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

How to avoid adding duplicate songs?

Hi, Is there a way not to have duplicate songs in my playlists? Another word ... while I am actually adding songs into my playlist, I wanna see a message saying that the song I am adding actually had been added into the playlistis before. Is there su...

• Hi,   Is there a way not to have duplicate songs in my playlists?    Another word ... while I am actually adding songs into my playlist,  I wanna see a message saying...
  • Josh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes