Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Sync a playlist selectively

Can i sync only some tracks from a large playlist to my phone? (as opposed to telling it to sync the whole playlist) Thanks

• Regular
  • Can i sync only some tracks from a large playlist to my phone? (as opposed to telling it to sync the whole playlist)         Thanks
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing Files?

Hey there,So I've followed all the steps needed to sync music onto my iPhone, and I'm not sure if this is meant to happen, but it only sync local files from my iTunes, which I already have on it, not the other songs in the playlists? Don't know wheth...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey there, So I've followed all the steps needed to sync music onto my iPhone, and I'm not sure if this is meant to happen, but it only sync local files from my iTunes, which I already have on it, n...
  • ethereal16
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How to cancel subscription? No facebook

Hey guys. Need help canceling my subscription for Spotify and I don't have my facebook active anymore. Someone help. Finally getting tired of throwing 10$ away per month. Thanks!

• Hey guys. Need help canceling my subscription for Spotify and I don't have my facebook active anymore. Someone help. Finally getting tired of throwing 10$ away per month. Thanks!
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify staying on lock screen after stopping music

Hello, After I am finished listening to my Spotify music on my iPhone, the last track played stays on the lock screen. The "play" button on the lock screen shows the pause icon which incidates that spotify is still playing, however it is not. The onl...

• Visitor
  • Hello,   After I am finished listening to my Spotify music on my iPhone, the last track played stays on the lock screen.  The "play" button on the lock screen shows the pause icon which...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline modus not working

Basically I always have the "offline modus" on when im going to school (using iPhone 4)So i've downloaded a playlist and it came to my attention that when i play that playlist , spotify is still using alot of MB's while im in offline modus.Does any1 ...

• Casual Listener
  • Basically I always have the "offline modus" on when im going to school (using iPhone 4) So i've downloaded a playlist and it came to my attention that when i play that playlist , spotify is still ...
  • Metuni
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

While listening to synced music, Spotify uses too much data

Hi everyone, I use Spotify on my iphone mainly to listen to playlists the I've synced to listen offline and don't think that the amount of data Spotify uses while listening to music that's already on my phone is reasonable. I've used spotidy on the g...

• Regular
  • Hi everyone,   I use Spotify on my iphone mainly to listen to playlists the I've synced to listen offline and don't think that the amount of data Spotify uses while listening to music that's...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! App Crashing After Password Change

Description Spotify app continues to crash after opening after changing password. A more detailed description, using numbered steps 1. Logged into account on iPad. 2. Changed password via the Spotify Website. 3. Opened Spotify on iPad. 4. Automatical...

• Community Legend
  • Description Spotify app continues to crash after opening after changing password.   A more detailed description, using numbered steps 1. Logged into account on iPad. 2. Changed passwor...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Move Thumbs up/down

In the IOS mobile application, using the radio functionality, the Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down functionality is located very close together. This has created a situation where very often I mistakenly hit one or the other instead of the intended button. This...

• Visitor
  • In the IOS mobile application, using the radio functionality, the Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down functionality is located very close together. This has created a situation where very often I mistakenly hit on...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle Play

I still can't find the "shuffle play " feature they announced last week. I want to listen to all songs by a single artist shuffled.

• Regular
  • I still can't find the "shuffle play " feature they announced last week. I want to listen to all songs by a single artist shuffled.
  • Kenneth11
  • Regular
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Crashing on starup (facebook password change)

Hi, i just found a bug on the ios app! I recently changed my password on facebook and since my spotify app is login with facebook it crashed when i started the app!

• Hi, i just found a bug on the ios app! I recently changed my password on facebook and since my spotify app is login with facebook it crashed when i started the app!   
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't sync all songs on Iphone 5

I am having so many issues lately with all of my songs syncing on spotify. I gave up a long long time ago on trying to get my own music on spotify, it's not songs from spotify that will not sync. I have tried closing and reopening the app multiple ti...

• Casual Listener
  • I am having so many issues lately with all of my songs syncing on spotify. I gave up a long long time ago on trying to get my own music on spotify, it's not songs from spotify that will not sync. I h...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify special behaviors

Dear all, I currently use Spotify free version on my iPad Air, my Macbook Retina without problem.I've installed iPhone version but here i had a special behavior. All musics (in my personnal play list or not) cannot be played except play randomly.Each...

• Dear all,   I currently use Spotify free version on my iPad Air, my Macbook Retina without problem. I've installed iPhone version but here i had a special behavior. All musics (in my pers...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

my spotify app on my iphone has irreversably changed language

My kids accidently changed language setting on my iphone to Japanese. When I changed it back to Swedish, a few apps were still in Japanese, including my Spotify app! I tried to reinstall the app, but it came back still in japanese. I can't find langu...

• My kids accidently changed language setting on my iphone to Japanese. When I changed it back to Swedish, a few apps were still in Japanese, including my Spotify app! I tried to reinstall the app, but...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist songs not showing up on Iphone

So I made a playlist and then the artist had one of their cds taken off spotify... so I bought the CD and the local files were added to spotify and then I was able to listen to the songs on my playlist using my computer... however, these songs aren't...

• Regular
  • So I made a playlist and then the artist had one of their cds taken off spotify... so I bought the CD and the local files were added to spotify and then I was able to listen to the songs on my playli...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Changed password, now Spotify app crashes after telling me it can't login

So, how do I fix this without once again doing the whole "uninstall app completely and then reinstall and resync all offline playlists" thing?

• Regular
  • So, how do I fix this without once again doing the whole "uninstall app completely and then reinstall and resync all offline playlists" thing?
  • AKF3
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't sync my playlists manually without Spotify making all playlists sync!

(Not sure if this goes under the Mac board or iOS, so here it goes) Hi, I'm in a bit of a dilemma here. I only want to sync maybe 3-4 playlists out of my 9 total playlists, but when I select the playlists I want to sync manually, it goes back to sync...

• Visitor
  • (Not sure if this goes under the Mac board or iOS, so here it goes)   Hi, I'm in a bit of a dilemma here.   I only want to sync maybe 3-4 playlists out of my 9 total playlists, but ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Only local files were synced

When trying to sync to my iPhone I get the message "Only local files synced" on each of the other playlists. What am I doing wrong????

• When trying to sync to my iPhone I get the message "Only local files synced" on each of the other playlists.  What am I doing wrong????
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 61 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 61 replies
  • 4 likes

Phone

I have unlimited account ,so why do I have commercials on my I Phone?

• I have unlimited account ,so why do I have commercials on my I Phone?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iPhone: I had queue list - now it's gone?

Hello, Ever since I started school in another city, I have been using Spotify Premium on my iPhone for the long bus rides back and forth. I have always had the queue list for my iPhone, being able to add songs to the queue list, edit/re-order the son...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   Ever since I started school in another city, I have been using Spotify Premium on my iPhone for the long bus rides back and forth. I have always had the queue list for my iPhone, be...
  • MightyDtN
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes