Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Cancel Ipod Sync

Hello, I plugged in my Ipod to see if I could sync one playlist. This is not possible, as I have now learned. But now, my Ipod is stuck thinking he is going to be synced with Spotify and I cannot find a way to cancel the sync. Hard reset of my Ipod C...

• Hello,   I plugged in my Ipod to see if I could sync one playlist. This is not possible, as I have now learned. But now, my Ipod is stuck thinking he is going to be synced with Spotify and I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • ipod
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Organize Playlists Alphabetically and sending playlists

Is there any way to organize playlists alphabetically on the iPad-app? And how can I send a playlist to my wifes newly created account?

• Casual Listener
  • Is there any way to organize playlists alphabetically on the iPad-app? And how can I send a playlist to my wifes newly created account?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot Select Songs

Whenever I open spotify on my ipod 5 i am not able to select a song (as in press the song and it won't play) my friends are also having his issue and i would like help to solve this problem thanks. Also, whenever i press shuffle play it works but it ...

• Whenever I open spotify on my ipod 5 i am not able to select a song (as in press the song and it won't play) my friends are also having his issue and i would like help to solve this problem thanks. A...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files missing from playlist

I made a playlist which is just made up of local files at the moment. on my laptop and phone the playlist has 56 songs, but on my ipad it only has 42 songs. so 14 songs havent synced. anyone know of a solution to this?

• I made a playlist which is just made up of local files at the moment. on my laptop and phone the playlist has 56 songs, but on my ipad it only has 42 songs. so 14 songs havent synced. anyone know of ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Ipod not syncing with iTunes

I just upgraded to the 30 day trail, so give me a break on this So I tried linking spotifuggle with my ipod And it says I need to link with itunes and enable disk use, I can't find it due to my laptop not being an apple, it's a windows only showing s...

• I just upgraded to the 30 day trail, so give me a break on this   So I tried linking spotifuggle with my ipod   And it says I need to link with itunes and enable disk use, I can't f...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing files to iPod nano

I've synced a playlist to my iPod, but Spotify forces all of my local files onto it. I only want that one specific playlist of songs on the device. Every time I uncheck the Local Files "playlist' on the device screen, Spotify crashes. Anyone know of ...

• Casual Listener
  • I've synced a playlist to my iPod, but Spotify forces all of my local files onto it. I only want that one specific playlist of songs on the device. Every time I uncheck the Local Files "playlist' on ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Not sync the songs in offline for iphone 5S

Hi there, I'm from Argentina. I'm a Premium user and the first time I download spotify on my phone I choose a couple of playlists to download offline. Some of them did but others don't. I have wifi at home and at my work. The weird thing I can see on...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there, I'm from Argentina. I'm a Premium user and the first time I download spotify on my phone I choose a couple of playlists to download offline. Some of them did but others don't. I have wifi a...
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

offline sync not working

I have just updated to the latest version of spotify on my ipad iOS 7. And I can't offline sync any of my new playlists. None. And whenever I try to delete any current ones,the app crashes. When I try to offline sync the playlist, a little red exclam...

• I have just updated to the latest version of spotify on my ipad iOS 7. And I can't offline sync any of my new playlists. None. And whenever I try to delete any current ones,the app crashes. When I tr...
  • snerik1
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Ios synchronization issues

Hi Team.From some time I can not play tracks which are synchronized.They are showing as synchronized but all I see is this and nothing is playing... Is there any solution for this issue?

image.png
  • Regular
  • Hi Team. From some time I can not play tracks which are synchronized. They are showing as synchronized but all I see is this and nothing is playing... Is there any solution for this issue?
  • outofspace
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app doesnt recognize and sync local files

Hello guys, I have a problem with the local syncing on my ios device, i've searched on every forum for a solution but I couldn't find it. I hope one of you can answer this question for me. So i've tried to reinstall the app on my iphone 5s and my com...

• Hello guys,   I have a problem with the local syncing on my ios device, i've searched on every forum for a solution but I couldn't find it. I hope one of you can answer this question for me....
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Using Spotify (Premium) with an 160GB Ipod Classic

Hello, is it even possible to use my Ipod Classic with Spotify (Premium) and syncing all Playlists to the device? Elwood

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   is it even possible to use my Ipod Classic with Spotify (Premium) and syncing all Playlists to the device?     Elwood
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

APP FREEZES ON BROWSE PAGE

About 50% of the time, I open the spotify app and all I see is "The Browse feature is unavailable in offline mode" and I am unable to play any music or even look at my playlists. I have been instructed to delete the app, restart my phone, and reinsta...

• About 50% of the time, I open the spotify app and all I see is "The Browse feature is unavailable in offline mode" and I am unable to play any music or even look at my playlists. I have been instruct...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone 5 - Compatible car head units

Hello,Now I currently own 2 cars, in my Astra VXR I have a double DIN stereo which I plug the iPhone into using the supplied lightning cable and that cable alone. With this it allows me to access spotify through my phones menu's and play songs, playl...

• Hello, Now I currently own 2 cars, in my Astra VXR I have a double DIN stereo which I plug the iPhone into using the supplied lightning cable and that cable alone. With this it allows me to access...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

songs cannot be matched

Hi guys.This would be my second time posting the same issue - it might be no one knows how to solve this. I have about 8,000 of my own songs, very very well lablled and they are all on different playlists in iTunes. I have subscribed to Spotify Premi...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi guys. This would be my second time posting the same issue - it might be no one knows how to solve this.   I have about 8,000 of my own songs, very very well lablled and ...
  • Snakey
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline storage - 9999 songs across 3 devices

2 questions please... (Relating to off line use)..1) Is the 3333 songs mirrored across the 3 devices or can I have 3333 different songs on each device?2) I have the maximum 3333 songs on my iPod touch., these appear to have been duplicated on my Sams...

• Casual Listener
  • 2 questions please... (Relating to off line use).. 1) Is the 3333 songs mirrored across the 3 devices or can I have 3333 different songs on each device? 2) I have the maximum 3333 songs on my iPo...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Songs in Multiple off-line playlists

If I have a song that is in different off-line playlists, does it only take up space on my phone once or does it take up space for each off-line playlist? In other words, if I have 5 GB of songs synced off-line to my phone and have each song in two p...

• Music Fan
  • If I have a song that is in different off-line playlists, does it only take up space on my phone once or does it take up space for each off-line playlist? In other words, if I have 5 GB of songs syn...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle

Upgraded account and shuffle feature still active.

• Casual Listener
  • Upgraded account and shuffle feature still active.
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sound not working (iOS)

On my iPhone 4 and iPad air there is no sound, even if the volume is all the way up. It looks like it should be playing, but there's no sound

• On my iPhone 4 and iPad air there is no sound, even if the volume is all the way up. It looks like it should be playing, but there's no sound
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't stream abroad - Premium user here

I was playing music fine for some time abroad. Today I was streaming like usual when the playback bar disappeared and song was stopped. http://imgur.com/CxSKCdXHappens every time I try.Same exact thing happens with desktop player. I can browse, view ...

• Regular
  • I was playing music fine for some time abroad. Today I was streaming like usual when the playback bar disappeared and song was stopped. http://imgur.com/CxSKCdX Happens every time I try. Same e...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes