Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

local files won't sync to iphone and iphone won't appear in devices on pc spotify

As the subject title says, local files won't sync to my iphone... they do appear in playlists that include them, but they are greyed out and unplayable. The playlist entitle 'Local Files' is also empty on my iphone. When i open spotify on my PC, noth...

• Casual Listener
  • As the subject title says, local files won't sync to my iphone... they do appear in playlists that include them, but they are greyed out and unplayable. The playlist entitle 'Local Files' is also emp...
  • doctorhippo
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not working at all on ipad 6.1.3

Hi There, a sudden my spotify app will not open at all on my ipad 2 with firmware 6.1.3! I have ugraded spotify, no succes, deleted it and downloaded it again on the pad, no succes, deleted it, downloaded it again on my imac, no succes! It just gives...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi There, a sudden my spotify app will not open at all on my ipad 2 with firmware 6.1.3! I have ugraded spotify, no succes, deleted it and downloaded it again on the pad, no succes, deleted it, dow...
  • shimai
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlists have stopped syncing on ipod 5

Please help. I have tried the advice given and this does not seem to be working

• Casual Listener
  • Please help. I have tried the advice given and this does not seem to be working
  • geee556
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iPhone and iPad not recognized under "Devices"

First of all, my account is premium. I have read the FAQs. It says if I want to sync tracks to mobile devices, I should: 1.log in to Spotify on desktop2.connect my iPad (or iPhone) to the same wifi network as my desktop (both wirelessly)3.log in to t...

• Visitor
  • First of all, my account is premium.   I have read the FAQs. It says if I want to sync tracks to mobile devices, I should: 1.log in to Spotify on desktop 2.connect my iPad (or iPhone) t...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Top 10 tracks

Why has the ability to see my friends top 10 tracks disappeared? My friends and I love this feature. Bring it back!!!!!

• Casual Listener
  • Why has the ability to see my friends top 10 tracks disappeared? My friends and I love this feature. Bring it back!!!!!
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify App

I want to put spotify on mu iPhone and IPad. I have spotify premium. Do I have to buy the Spotify premium app and if so do I have to but it twice, once for each device

• Casual Listener
  • I want to put spotify on mu iPhone and IPad. I have spotify premium. Do I have to buy the Spotify premium app and if so do I have to but it twice, once for each device
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing spotify on iOS in car via usb

I updated spotify for iOS this morning and now all of a sudden it will not play in my truck using the usb cord. Anyone else experience this? The interface for my radio now shows "no songs", yet my phone shows the music as playing. No music is playing...

• I updated spotify for iOS this morning and now all of a sudden it will not play in my truck using the usb cord. Anyone else experience this? The interface for my radio now shows "no songs", yet my ph...
  • Josh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

EC Touch login with Facebook

I have EC Touch as part of my Pioneer app that links my iPhone 5s. I have premium spotify. When I enter into EC touch is ask for login info but no option to login using Facebook. What user name and password should be used if my spotify accounts is th...

• Visitor
  • I have EC Touch as part of my Pioneer app that links my iPhone 5s. I have premium spotify. When I enter into EC touch is ask for login info but no option to login using Facebook. What user name and p...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

The option to SHUFFLE songs on my PLAYLISTS has disappeared

Please help. WHen I first joined SPOTIFY, all of my playlist would have an option to SHUFFLE songs. Now, that option is gone and the songs will only play in order that they are listed on the setlist. I know this is probably a basic problem (and fixab...

• Casual Listener
  • Please help.  WHen I first joined SPOTIFY, all of my playlist would have an option to SHUFFLE songs.  Now, that option is gone and the songs will only play in order that they are listed on ...
  • alexanders1982
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! My iPod is plugged in and charging but not connecting to Spotify

I just got a new iPod and decided to use Spotify since I'm not a fan of iTunes. I've started a premium membership and made a few playlists. When I plug my iPod into the computer, I know it's connected because it's charging, BUT nothing shows up under...

• Casual Listener
  • I just got a new iPod and decided to use Spotify since I'm not a fan of iTunes. I've started a premium membership and made a few playlists. When I plug my iPod into the computer, I know it's connecte...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iPod Touch Not Opening

I am a premium account holder using an iPod Touch with iOS 6.1.3 and Spotify Verson 0.7.2 and the app will not open. Ever. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. I have turned the iPod on and off several times. I get a completely blank scr...

• Casual Listener
  • I am a premium account holder using an iPod Touch with iOS 6.1.3 and Spotify Verson 0.7.2 and the app will not open.  Ever.    I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. &...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Still (always) online login necessary to listen offline ?

Is there a new development ? For example: I can´t use my offline playlists on a plane, because I forgot to login before departure (if hotspot available for my Ipod) ??? Do I always have to login online befor offline use is possible ??? Thank you in a...

• Music Fan
  • Is there a new development ? For example: I can´t use my offline playlists on a plane, because I forgot to login before departure (if hotspot available for my Ipod) ??? Do I always have to login ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iPhone 5 - No sound in car via USB, extremely fait, tinny sound via AUX port

I'm unable to use Spotify in my car via my iPhone 5. I have two AUX ports into my car stereo; one is a standard stereo jack, the other is USB. Neither works. I do not have a Ford with built-in Spotify, and the stereo is the factory unit that came wit...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm unable to use Spotify in my car via my iPhone 5. I have two AUX ports into my car stereo; one is a standard stereo jack, the other is USB. Neither works.  I do not have a Ford with built-in ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't add new playlists inside folders anymore

Since updating to 0.9.0.8 I can no longer add a playlist (for example creating a playlist in an album) inside a folder. I used to be able to do this within the app - why has this functionality been removed?

• Casual Listener
  • Since updating to 0.9.0.8 I can no longer add a playlist (for example creating a playlist in an album) inside a folder. I used to be able to do this within the app - why has this functionality been r...
  • Amplesamples
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • playlist folders
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Lost my playlist

Hi, my account-name is "shirkosafari" (shirkosafari@gmail.com), and i lost a playlist called "Peppes-Calming" or "Calming-Peppes" (I don't quite remember). I was wondering if you could help me recover it? I've seen the moderator link other people wit...

• Regular
  • Hi, my account-name is "shirkosafari" (shirkosafari@gmail.com), and i lost a playlist called "Peppes-Calming" or "Calming-Peppes" (I don't quite remember). I was wondering if you could help me recove...
  • shirkosafari
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Some offline tracks not working

I have several offline tracks that no longer work. There is a green arrow next to them but when I try and play them they do not play. I shouldn't have to re-download stuff once a week to get it to work. What am I missing here?

• Casual Listener
  • I have several offline tracks that no longer work. There is a green arrow next to them but when I try and play them they do not play. I shouldn't have to re-download stuff once a week to get it to wo...
  • eastbayrae
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Top Tracks have Disappeared on app

I noticed after todays app update I can no longer see my or my friends top 10 tracks under mine and their playlists. Any idea what happened or where they are now??

• Roadie
  • I noticed after todays app update I can no longer see my or my friends top 10 tracks under mine and their playlists. Any idea what happened or where they are now??
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Adding songs to current playlist

Hi, How do I add songs to a current playlist and then sync it for offline mode without having to resync the whole playlist again? -Sydney

• Hi, How do I add songs to a current playlist and then sync it for offline mode without having to resync the whole playlist again? -Sydney
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

intermittent music with Iphone5

Am a trial user of Spotify. Using WIFI, no internet issues. Very often music just stops playing and then after a few seconds it continues again. I also have a Deezer subscription and never had this issue with the Deezer service. Is there a server iss...

• Casual Listener
  • Am a trial user of Spotify. Using WIFI, no internet issues. Very often music just stops playing and then after a few seconds it continues again. I also have a Deezer subscription and never had this i...
  • etmaniac
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes