Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

iPhone 4 with iOS 7.0.2 - says I am not Premium user. But I am.

I have now been a Spotify Premium member since 10. August. Still I can NOT use my iPhone. It says I am not a Premium member. When logging online the web says I am a Premium user. I have reinstalled the Spotify app many times. No avail. Either you fix...

• Casual Listener
  • I have now been a Spotify Premium member since 10. August. Still I can NOT use my iPhone. It says I am not a Premium member.   When logging online the web says I am a Premium user.  &...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Not syncing my latest songs even when available offline is on

So over the last 3 days any new songs i have starred or made a playlist appear on my iphone but i am not able to play them when i dont have internet despite having the available offline mode switched on. I have also closed the app and tried reconnect...

• So over the last 3 days any new songs i have starred or made a playlist appear on my iphone but i am not able to play them when i dont have internet despite having the available offline mode switched...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Thanks for your help guys

I don't know what I done but somehow it's working again thanks

• Regular
  • I don't know what I done but somehow it's working again thanks
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

trouble "pulling up" current track?

Hi - it seems that since yesterday that I can't "pull up" the info for the track that's currently playing. Since iOS7 and its pull-up "control center", this feature has been troublesome, frankly and could use a new approach. No doubt you're already t...

• Hi - it seems that since yesterday that I can't "pull up" the info for the track that's currently playing.  Since iOS7 and its pull-up "control center", this feature has been troublesome, frankl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

'Only local files synced' - issues with syncing ipod, and it has duplicated songs

I signed my Dad up to Spotify as I told him he would love it, however, he wanted to keep all of his current songs on his ipod. I plugged his ipod in, chose to 'Backup, erase & sync' his ipod and now all of his songs are back on his ipod (now via spot...

• I signed my Dad up to Spotify as I told him he would love it, however, he wanted to keep all of his current songs on his ipod.  I plugged his ipod in, chose to 'Backup, erase & sync' his ipo...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 0.7.6

Hi folks. What's new in this version (0.7.6): New: We’re changing the way you browse artists. Play top tracks, find related artists and read artist biographies. Coming soon to your iPhone. New: Now you can view and organise your Play Queue from the N...

• Spotify Legend
  • Hi folks.   What's new in this version (0.7.6): New: We’re changing the way you browse artists. Play top tracks, find related artists and read artist biographies. Coming soon to your iPh...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes
    iOS
    Release Notes
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! My iPhone appears and disappears from the Devices section

I'm not able to sync any files from my PC to my iPhone because anytime I have my Spotify app running, the Spotify program on my PC only sees my iPhone for about 1 minute before losing it again. My wifi connection on both my PC and my phone are stable...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm not able to sync any files from my PC to my iPhone because anytime I have my Spotify app running, the Spotify program on my PC only sees my iPhone for about 1 minute before losing it again. My wi...
  • MMG229
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to download playlists!! Please help!!!

Up until the last update I have had no issues syncing playlists. Now I'm having constent and inconsistent issues. Some playlists won't sync at all. Some playlists will sync some tracks but not others. One thing that does seem to be consistent is that...

• Casual Listener
  • Up until the last update I have had no issues syncing playlists.  Now I'm having constent and inconsistent issues.  Some playlists won't sync at all.  Some playlists will sync some tra...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Album Search Results are Abridged on iPad

First of all, I would like to say that I have Spotify on both my iPhone 4 and my iPad Mini, yet the issue that I have does not occur on the iPhone, only on the iPad. The issue occurs when I do just a generic, vanilla search that has many results, i.e...

• First of all, I would like to say that I have Spotify on both my iPhone 4 and my iPad Mini, yet the issue that I have does not occur on the iPhone, only on the iPad.   The issue occurs when ...
  • Agent_Mulder
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Cannot synch on iphone 5 - getting a "!" next to the track

Hello I am new on this and I was hoping I could get some help please . I have been trying to put tracks off line but I am getting a red " ! " and thats about it... Can anyone help ?

• Casual Listener
  • Hello   I am new on this and I was hoping I could get some help please .   I have been trying to put tracks off line but I am getting a red " ! " and thats about it... Can anyone he...
  • casimir30
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! spotify crashes each time I turn the voulume on Ipad mini

Each time I turn the volume up or down, the app crashes ..... but not if I use the button on the speakers .... anyone has the same problem ? It hasn't changed with the new OS7 update .. just the same. I looks like it is a bug within the app ....

• Visitor
  • Each time I turn the volume up or down, the app crashes ..... but not if I use the button on the speakers ....   anyone has the same problem ? It hasn't changed with the new OS7 update .. ju...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS 7 no longer plays with car's USB

Having the same trouble with my 2011 Honda Civic, Spotify worked great until the iOS 7 upgrade, now it will play a song for about a minute, then I receive an "Unsupported" message. Being able to listen in my car was the sole purpose upgrading to the ...

• Casual Listener
  • Having the same trouble with my 2011 Honda Civic, Spotify worked great until the iOS 7 upgrade, now it will play a song for about a minute, then I receive an "Unsupported" message.  Being able t...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! A question before purchasing spotify.

Hello all, So I have been using spotify free for a few months now and want to upgrade to Premium although I have a problem. Im looking to listen to spotify offline with my iPhone 4. Although.. my iPhone WIFI is broken. I understand this is nothing to...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello all,   So I have been using spotify free for a few months now and want to upgrade to Premium although I have a problem.   Im looking to listen to spotify offline with my iPhon...
  • Niclouse
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify freezes and crashes when loading

Spotify for iPad 1 (6.4.2) keeps crashing when I load it. It shows an old version of my playlists then hangs. I 've managed to get it to work by selecting another option (friends, what's new) and then switching back but even that work around seems to...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify for iPad 1 (6.4.2) keeps crashing when I load it. It shows an old version of my playlists then hangs. I 've managed to get it to work by selecting another option (friends, what's new) and the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't sync song

I can't sync songs to my iPhone 4S. If I add a local file to my computer, it will show up on my iPhone fine, in the correct playlist, but it is greyed out and clicking it tells me "Track Not Synced". This is the case wired or wireless (on the same ne...

• Casual Listener
  • I can't sync songs to my iPhone 4S. If I add a local file to my computer, it will show up on my iPhone fine,  in the correct playlist, but it is greyed out and clicking it tells me "Track Not Sy...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files not Syncing

i have no problems syncing my starred music but i have 1 playlist of 13 songs that just will not sync with my phone i have deleted and reinstalled on noth pc and my iphone 4 running ios7. its not even pending the songs are just grey'd out and i can l...

• i have no problems syncing my starred music but i have 1 playlist of 13 songs that just will not sync with my phone i have deleted and reinstalled on noth pc and my iphone 4 running ios7. its not eve...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPad 3 on iOS 6 - Spotify crashes OFTEN & randomly... About to cancel my premium sub. - please help

I just recently purchased Spotify Premium (within the last 2 months) and have enjoyed the catalogue available but the app on my iPad 3 running the latest version of iOS6 just craps out often and for no apparent reason. Even when in offline mode where...

• Casual Listener
  • I just recently purchased Spotify Premium (within the last 2 months) and have enjoyed the catalogue available but the app on my iPad 3 running the latest version of iOS6 just craps out often and for ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Premium but not able to play music on Mobile (IOS)

I've used a couponcode a few weeks ago to prolongue my spotify premium account, but I still can't use Spotify on my Iphone. Keep getting the message that I'm not Premium and should upgrade. Tried uninstalling, installing again a few times but no succ...

• Casual Listener
  • I've used a couponcode a few weeks ago to prolongue my spotify premium account, but I still can't use Spotify on my Iphone. Keep getting the message that I'm not Premium and should upgrade.  &n...
  • luckknows
  • Casual Listener
  • 70 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 70 replies
  • 1 likes

Cant update Spotify

I cant update my Spotify app on my iPhone, because it says that my account is not valid for use in the UK store... But all my country settings on my Appel ID and on Spotyfi is set to Denmark... So dont get this and dont know how to fix it... Can anyb...

• I cant update my Spotify app on my iPhone, because it says that my account is not valid for use in the UK store... But all my country settings on my Appel ID and on Spotyfi is set to Denmark... So do...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify premium stuttering on iPhone 5

Hi,My spotify premium has suddenly started playing up.Tracks keep stuttering and skipping along often accompanied by a weird beeping noise. Sometimes it stops completely but then 20 seconds later comes back on. Then it can be ok for 20 mins before th...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, My spotify premium has suddenly started playing up. Tracks keep stuttering and skipping along often accompanied by a weird beeping noise. Sometimes it stops completely but then 20 seconds lat...
  • Thedev
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes