iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Lyrics not showing

Plan Premium Country Canada Device iPhone XR Operating System iOS 15.0.2 Spotify 8.6.80.1180 My Question or Issue Apparently everyone in the world got the lyrics with the update. Expect me. How do I fix this ? Or rather how will YOU fix this ?! Empti...

• Regular
  • VALKSPOP
  • 856 replies
  • 312 likes
  • 856 replies
  • 312 likes

Downloading music on Apple Watch

Hey folks!Here's a few tips & tricks to share about downloading music from Spotify on your Apple Watch! - If you're looking to get started, check this out! Not seeing the 'Download to Apple Watch'-button yet? Make sure your Spotify app is up-to-date ...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ver
  • 123 replies
  • 31 likes
  • 123 replies
  • 31 likes

Solved!! I have a different interface compared to my friends

Plan Premium Country Hong Kong Device iPhone XS Operating System iOS 13.1.3 My Question or Issue I have just start using Spotify and I realise my interface in artists is different from those of my friends. My friends have the number of liked songs un...

• n0hero
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Starred playlist on iPhone has one of my facebook friend's names next to the song/album title

why is this happening? This is the name of one of my facebook friends and it always appears next to the song/artist title on my iPhone starred playlist. it sometimes changes to another name starting with "M'. How do I get rid of this?

starred.png
  • Not applicable
  • why is this happening? This is the name of one of my facebook friends and it always appears next to the song/artist title on my iPhone starred playlist. it sometimes changes to another name starting ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify App will not play when i close the screen. Spotify App will not play when i leave the app

Whats going on here? I used to do these two things all the time! Why can i no longer listen to music when the app closes/screen turns off? If i cant fix this i am considering cancelling my account. Any advice out there?

• Casual Listener
  • Whats going on here? I used to do these two things all the time! Why can i no longer listen to music when the app closes/screen turns off? If i cant fix this i am considering cancelling my account. A...
  • ACN1369
  • 24 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 24 replies
  • 9 likes

offline mode doesn't work - iphone 4s.

I can't listen in offline mode anymore, when I add a new track to my list I get a pop up message witch says : " There was an error communicating with spotify. Some tracks couldn't be made availeble offline. Spotify will try again later " . So can any...

• I can't listen in offline mode anymore, when I add a new track to my list I get a pop up message witch says :  " There was an error communicating with spotify. Some tracks couldn't be made ava...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify iOS Problems

There are 2 things I've noticed with the current version of Spotify on the iOS. One is that the song titles do not update on the iPod lock screen. When the track changes, the name on the lock screen will not change after 2 songs, saying that it is pl...

• Casual Listener
  • There are 2 things I've noticed with the current version of Spotify on the iOS.   One is that the song titles do not update on the iPod lock screen. When the track changes, the name on the l...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify Premium Not Working On Iphone 4s

Im tired of waiting been try to listen to the songs i want and it says im not a premium user but i paid i better get a reimbursment for today or something

• Casual Listener
  • Im tired of waiting been try to listen to the songs i want and it says im not a premium user but i paid i better get a reimbursment for today or something
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Tried that

I deleted app reset phone re downloaded app many times over the past five hours I do not know how to "reset/clean cache" and will I get an extra day to compensate me for my loss of time

• Regular
  • I deleted app reset phone re downloaded app many times over the past five hours I do not know how to "reset/clean cache" and will I get an extra day to compensate me for my loss of time
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Me also

I also purchased premium for 10.00 and it says only premium users can stream on demand

• Regular
  • I also purchased premium for 10.00 and it says only premium users can stream on demand
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify for iPhone

I had just signed up for the 30 day free trial. I can listen to music on my PC, but when I go to my iPhone, it says I need to have the premium version, but I have already purchased the free trial. I tried to delete the app and reload it, I also turne...

• I had just signed up for the 30 day free trial. I can listen to music on my PC, but when I go to my iPhone, it says I need to have the premium version, but I have already purchased the free trial. I ...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Songs Not Playing

My local files arent playing. I have tried readding them, syncing them, they are DEFINITELY on offline mode... Please help. Same exact problem with more detail listed here (kinda old so i remade): http://community.spotify.com/t5/iPod-iPod-Classic-iPo...

• Casual Listener
  • My local files arent playing. I have tried readding them, syncing them, they are DEFINITELY on offline mode...    Please help. Same exact problem with more detail listed here (kinda old...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stopped running on ipod touch after initial track queued

I'm using spotify on ipod touch running ios 5.1.1. Up until last several weeks, no problems. Since then, can't seem to get anything to play. Have uninstalled and reinstalled app. When launch, will play initial song, but if fast forward or skip to nex...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm using spotify on ipod touch running ios 5.1.1.  Up until last several weeks, no problems.  Since then, can't seem to get anything to play.  Have uninstalled and reinstalled app.&nb...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium Account not registering

I subscribed to the premium trial and did the seperate mobile login, however it says i am still using a free account. Any help would be appreciated.

• Casual Listener
  • I subscribed to the premium trial and did the seperate mobile login, however it says i am still using a free account. Any help would be appreciated.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Premium Not Working On iPhone

Spotify isnt working on my iphone or ipod only on my computer an i paid so i need help!!

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify isnt working on my iphone or ipod only on my computer an i paid so i need help!!
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing ipod touch with spotify

When I subscribed to Spotify Premium, I had no problem making playlists available for offline use. Then I didn't use these playlists on my Ipod Touch and used my husband's ipad. Now that I am using my Ipod again, all the playlists are no longer avail...

• Casual Listener
  • When I subscribed to Spotify Premium, I had no problem making playlists available for offline use. Then I didn't use these playlists on my Ipod Touch and used my husband's ipad.   Now...
  • bhatnagar
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Offline Sound Quality

Thinking about moving up to premium service but I have a question about offline mode. Will the sound quality for my offline playlist be the highest quality automatically or can I set it in the preferences?

• Music Fan
  • Thinking about moving up to premium service but I have a question about offline mode. Will the sound quality for my offline playlist be the highest quality automatically or can I set it in the prefer...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Song won't load on iPad

A few days before the update, I could only play 1 song from the entire playlist, then after the update, I can't play any song at all. Been re-installed the app again and again for at least 5 times now but no luck I'm a premium user. Fix this please!

• Casual Listener
  • A few days before the update, I could only play 1 song from the entire playlist, then after the update, I can't play any song at all.  Been re-installed the app again and again for at least 5 ti...
  • Goodman
  • Community Manager
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists are gone premium user

Hi there, I'm a Premium spotify user and I created a lot of playlists over the past year. Now all of the sudden most of my playlists are gone!! On my iphone and computer... This really frustrates me, since I'm paying 10 euros a month to play music. p...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there,   I'm a Premium spotify user and I created a lot of playlists over the past year. Now all of the sudden most of my playlists are gone!! On my iphone and computer... This really fru...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Search feature not loading on iphone 4

Spotify premium. All other features work, but Search never loads the screen. No alerts from Spotify. Anyone else?

• Spotify premium. All other features work, but Search never loads the screen. No alerts from Spotify. Anyone else?
  • Iluvomd
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

New iPad Spotify version of today August 28: Cannot find the Air Play icon!

Well, I installed the new Spotify version for iPad today August 28. But I cannot find the Air Play icon. It seems to be gone! Has Apple forced Spotify to take it away, perhaps due to iTunes competition?

• Casual Listener
  • Well, I installed the new Spotify version for iPad today August 28. But I cannot find the Air Play icon. It seems to be gone! Has Apple forced Spotify to take it away, perhaps due to iTunes competiti...
  • Sten
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline mode - why is this feature hidden in the deep?

Latest version 0.5.5 After the last update some changes have been made to the settings menu. It makes it more difficult to switch between offline / online mode. I'm only online as long as I am connected to wi-fi, and since I change quite often in the...

• Latest version 0.5.5   After the last update some changes have been made to the settings menu. It makes it more difficult to switch between offline / online mode. I'm only online as long as ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes