Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Local Files won't play on new phone

So a few days ago I got a new phone. I had my iPhone 6s+ with a ton of local files on it and everything worked great. Before I went to get a new phone I did a backup in itunes. I got my new phone, the iPhone 8+ (running the latest iOS), and did the r...

• Casual Listener
  • So a few days ago I got a new phone. I had my iPhone 6s+ with a ton of local files on it and everything worked great. Before I went to get a new phone I did a backup in itunes. I got my new phone, th...
  • andrewpsab
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Everytime Installing

I bought premium family today and i installed spotify in my phone. But when i open it, spotify installing again so why? today maybe 10 times installed spotify. Im opening and listening some music after then im closed. Maybe half hours later iam openi...

• I bought premium family today and i installed spotify in my phone. But when i open it, spotify installing again so why?   today maybe 10 times installed spotify. Im opening and listening some ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! podcasts/shows in reverse order

Pick a podcast/show that is in a series. Doesn't matter which one. I like Dan Carlinn's Hardcore History. Play an episode. After the episode finishes Spotify starts the PRIOR episode not the NEXT episode in sequence. This is incredibly confusing and ...

•   Pick a podcast/show that is in a series. Doesn't matter which one. I like Dan Carlinn's Hardcore History. Play an episode. After the episode finishes Spotify starts the PRIOR episode not the ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 17 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 17 likes

IPhone X Volume Problem in Car Only

When using Spotify in my 2015 Subaru Outback, the volume randomly lowers then goes back to normal. Seems to last anywhere from 3 to 6 minutes. I do not believe it is a function of my speed (lowering when slowing down, etc.). The volume does not do th...

• When using Spotify in my 2015 Subaru Outback, the volume randomly lowers then goes back to normal.  Seems to last anywhere from 3 to 6 minutes.  I do not believe it is a function of my...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

download

spotify says "waiting to dowload" from 6 weeks but it doesn't dowload 

• spotify says "waiting to dowload" from 6 weeks but it doesn't dowload 
  • Nicolas191
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Output volume of Spotify App for iPhone was considerably reduced after update (8.4.40.785)

Hello everyone. I recently updated my Spotify App for iPhone to version 8.4.40.785 and noticed a considerable reduction in its output volume. Other apps, such as Google Maps, Waze and YouTube were not affected. This causes some annoying situations, s...

• Hello everyone. I recently updated my Spotify App for iPhone to version 8.4.40.785 and noticed a considerable reduction in its output volume. Other apps, such as Google Maps, Waze and YouTube were no...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

numero maximo de descargas

quiero descargar unas playlist me dice; HAZ ALCANZADO EL NUMERO MAXIMO DE DESCARGAS... tengo espacio suficiente para descargar...iPhone 7, iOs 11.2

• quiero descargar unas playlist me dice; HAZ ALCANZADO EL NUMERO MAXIMO DE DESCARGAS... tengo espacio suficiente para descargar... iPhone 7, iOs 11.2
  • carreirajuan
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! error message "this accessory not supported"

Since I updated my iPhone to 10.3.1 my Spotify playlists for my exercise classes at the studio where I teach stop playing after a song or so. It's not the cords, my case or the plug. I get the error message "this accessory not supported". I've restar...

• Regular
  • Since I updated my iPhone to 10.3.1 my Spotify playlists for my exercise classes at the studio where I teach stop playing after a song or so. It's not the cords, my case or the plug. I get the error ...
  • RPD
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

"Available offline" keeps resetting to off.

The "available offline" button keeps turning to "off." I keep having to turn it back on and then let all the songs download again. What's the deal?

• Casual Listener
  • The "available offline" button keeps turning to "off."  I keep having to turn it back on and then let all the songs download again.  What's the deal?
  • DavidTurley
  • 14 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 8 likes

problems with 6s+ lock screen

yea my spotify widget on the lock screen doesn’t track the song progression the rest of the lock screen widget works im not complaining i dont care lol just a heads up to the developers

• Casual Listener
  • yea my spotify widget on the lock screen doesn’t track the song progression the rest of the lock screen widget works im not complaining i dont care lol just a heads up to the developers 
  • zachmck
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Auto Lock iOS

when playing music and having phone on charge, the screen will not Auto Lock

• Visitor
  • when playing music and having phone on charge, the screen will not Auto Lock
  • VaDreamer
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes

Error Message on Sonos on iPad

After about a minute of play this message appears: “Playback was stopped because playback was started from another room or device. Spotify limits the number of simultaneous audio streams you can access from its service.” Problem is there are NO other...

• Casual Listener
  • After about a minute of play this message appears:  “Playback was stopped because playback was started from another room or device.  Spotify limits the number of simultaneous audio streams ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't play podcasts

Hi! Whenever I click on a podcast to be reproduced on my iPhone I get a message saying that Spotify can't open this type of link on this device any ideas??

• Hi! Whenever I click on a podcast to be reproduced on my iPhone I get a message saying that Spotify can't open this type of link on this device any ideas??
  • morgan1992-
  • 19 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 19 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify Connect - Multiple Speakers/Devices

After well over a year of working just fine, yesterday my iPod Touch and MacBook stopped being able to connect to each other. Spotify stills works locally on each device just fine, playlists get shared OK, etc. I keep my iPod in a dock and connected ...

• Music Fan
  • After well over a year of working just fine, yesterday my iPod Touch and MacBook stopped being able to connect to each other. Spotify stills works locally on each device just fine, playlists get shar...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs keep removing by itself

Hi there, my songs keep on removing by itself, I was wondering why this is happening . Is this a glitch and what should I do?

• Hi there, my songs keep on removing by itself, I was wondering why this is happening . Is this a glitch and what should I do?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Connected devices not showing up

When playing music on Spotify with my iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 11.2.5 I will be connected to a Bluetooth speaker or AirPods and it doesn’t show connected. It just shows “devices available” instead of the connected device.

• When playing music on Spotify with my iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 11.2.5 I will be connected to a Bluetooth speaker or AirPods and it doesn’t show connected. It just shows “devices available” instead o...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify app on iPhone 4 iOS 7

Hi, I got iPhone 4 with intention to just use as a music payer... for spotify. But I am not able to download the app as it needs iOS 9 or newer. I have Spotify on my iPhone 5 which I use as a regular phone, so I thought I would find spotify in purcha...

• Hi, I got iPhone 4 with intention to just use as a music payer... for spotify. But I am not able to download the app as it needs iOS 9 or newer. I have Spotify on my iPhone 5 which I use as a regular...
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes

public playlist

I have made a playlist the otherday, https://open.spotify.com/user/17coulson/playlist/5OXTlvCUGrBFVHHqbiIMc4?si=7vtmupXkRmu-2-ERLdgiqg, and when people search up my username or playlist it does not come up, neither on any other device e.g. computer. ...

• I have made a playlist the otherday, https://open.spotify.com/user/17coulson/playlist/5OXTlvCUGrBFVHHqbiIMc4?si=7vtmupXkRmu-2-ERLdgiqg, and when people search up my username or playlist it does ...
  • emily81
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Einloggen als Familienmitglied funktioniert nicht da kein PW vergeben wurde

Hallo zusammen, ich habe ein neues iPhone und wollte mich nun in der Spotify App mit meinem Familien-Abo einloggen. Seit 01.2. ist dies anscheinend nur noch ueber Facebook moeglich, wenn kein Passwort vergeben wurde. Mein Spotify Account mit Facebool...

• Hallo zusammen, ich habe ein neues iPhone und wollte mich nun in der Spotify App mit meinem Familien-Abo einloggen. Seit 01.2. ist dies anscheinend nur noch ueber Facebook moeglich, wenn kein Passwor...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes