Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

On iOs: unable to share song with non-Facebook contacts

Hi, When I want to share a song from my Spotify app on my iPhone, the only people that appear in the list and that I can send the song to are my Spotify contacts who are ALSO my Facebook contacts. Whoever is a Spotify account (non attached to Faceboo...

• Gig Goer
  • Hi,  When I want to share a song from my Spotify app on my iPhone, the only people that appear in the list and that I can send the song to are my Spotify contacts who are ALSO my Facebook conta...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

All songs are grey out

I have used Spotify for years and always without any problem. However, since I updated my Spotify version, I've noticed that all songs are greyed out, and I can't play them.I already reinstalled the app. I also checked that it was not in offline mode...

• I have used Spotify for years and always without any problem. However, since I updated my Spotify version, I've noticed that all songs are greyed out, and I can't play them. I already reinstalled th...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Offline playlist - some songs won't sync

I've made most of my playlists available offline but some songs in the playlist won't play on my phone when I'm offline. Are all songs in spotify available offline? ThanksLB

•   I've made most of my playlists available offline but some songs in the playlist won't play on my phone when I'm offline.   Are all songs in spotify available offline?   Thanks ...
  • muchalittletrex
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 10 likes

Download toggle reverts to 'off' and doesn't download songs

This happens with some artists while others download fine. There's no error message or explanation, it simply doesn't work.

• This happens with some artists while others download fine. There's no error message or explanation, it simply doesn't work.
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't use Facebook Login on iOS App

I can't login to my iphone app. I first deleted the app when I needed some space on my phone. When I installed it back, I couldn't use Facebook login. I put in my email and password, and it redirects me to the login page for Facebook. I have tried do...

• Casual Listener
  • I can't login to my iphone app.  I first deleted the app when I needed some space on my phone. When I installed it back, I couldn't use Facebook login. I put in my email and password, and it re...
  • SwtchbldeKitteh
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Daily playlist

All my playlist are gone and or I can't find them also the brows seems to have a banner for another playlist there did they get rid of them or what's up? (IOS 10.0.1)

• All my playlist are gone and or I can't find them also the brows seems to have a banner for another playlist there did they get rid of them or what's up? (IOS 10.0.1)
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Stuck On Waiting To Download On Wireless

I am unable to download for offline use when on WIFI only, downloading over LTE works. Chronic "Waiting To Download" Other members in my house have no issue downloading over WIFI. One is on the same account(He uses android) and the other uses an Ipho...

• Visitor
  • I am unable to download for offline use when on WIFI only, downloading over LTE works. Chronic "Waiting To Download" Other members in my house have no issue downloading over WIFI. One is on the same ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlists

Hi! I am a paying customer and just updated my Spotify on my Iphone. When I opened my must used playlist, all the songs had been turned around. Basically, the song that was previously on the bottom of the list is now on the top. I was wondering if it...

• Hi!  I am a paying customer and just updated my Spotify on my Iphone. When I opened my must used playlist, all the songs had been turned around. Basically, the song that was previously on the b...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium family link

I have premium family and when I send the link , it's opened and says it needs a pin code. What is the code?

• I have premium family and when I send the link , it's opened and says it needs a pin code. What is the code?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Party

Hello, For some unknown reason I am not being able to find Spotify Party on my app anymore. I shows me other playlists, which are not mixed and on which I cannot "set the mood". I have followed the instructions Spotify gives in order to find these Pa...

• Regular
  • Hello,   For some unknown reason I am not being able to find Spotify Party on my app anymore.   I shows me other playlists, which are not mixed and on which I cannot "set the mood". &n...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS 10

Ever since I downloaded the iOS 10 I can't not preview the songs and then the app closes

• Casual Listener
  • Ever since I downloaded the iOS 10 I can't not preview the songs and then the app closes
  • Selebrity
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

iPhone App unresponsive & crashes - iOS 9.3.2 - V 5.7.0.1055

Brief description of the issue: When browsing in the iPhone App, i.e. scrolling down in the albums list, the scrolling suddenly stops and the app cannot be controlled anymore. The music normally continues playing and I can sometimes - not always - se...

• Casual Listener
  • Brief description of the issue:   When browsing in the iPhone App, i.e. scrolling down in the albums list, the scrolling suddenly stops and the app cannot be controlled anymore. The music norm...
  • Badmeetsevil715
  • 13 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 2 likes

Crashing when I try to sync Your Music for offline listening

Hello, On my iPhone 5, Spotify started crashing when I wanted to sync Your Music. It would do about 10-100 songs at a time, and then the app would just die. I'd have to keep re-opening it to sync. When I heard about Apple Music, I left Spotify due to...

• Visitor
  • Hello, On my iPhone 5, Spotify started crashing when I wanted to sync Your Music. It would do about 10-100 songs at a time, and then the app would just die. I'd have to keep re-opening it to sync. Wh...
  • geekplaya_2
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes

Can't playback in standby mode

Since Spotify updated, when I listen to Daily Mix, can't playback songs when Spotify on background standby mode.I have to open Spotify again and again to playback, please add playback bottom back.

• Casual Listener
  • Since Spotify updated, when I listen to Daily Mix, can't playback songs when Spotify on background standby mode. I have to open Spotify again and again to playback, please add playback bottom back.
  • iamleek
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Bug with ios10 and Spot 6.5.0

Bug found:When a YouTube video or video source from YouTube or Facebook is over music won't start again in Spotify. Even the short cut swipe up menu fromIos10 won't let you start music again. You have to reopen Spotify.

• Music Fan
  • Bug found: When a YouTube video or video source from YouTube or Facebook is over music won't start again in Spotify. Even the short cut swipe up menu from Ios10 won't let you start music again. You...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Bug ios10
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify wiped my library

So, I am a premium user and at/above the song limit. I open Spotify and my library, which as you all know takes quite a while to compile, has been wiped and I have not been able to recover it. My playlists are still there. But I rarely used playlists...

• Music Fan
  • So, I am a premium user and at/above the song limit. I open Spotify and my library, which as you all know takes quite a while to compile, has been wiped and I have not been able to recover it. My pla...
  • zabritt
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Crashing on Macintosh

Over the past 2 versions of Spotify, just opening up Spotify on my Macbook has caused it to crash. Causing a kernal panic to occur (A copy of the panic report is below). This does not occur all the time. However the only link between all the crashes,...

• Over the past 2 versions of Spotify, just opening up Spotify on my Macbook has caused it to crash. Causing a kernal panic to occur (A copy of the panic report is below). This does not occur all ...
  • kiggs
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify uses mobile data even if I just listen to offline music

Hey guys!Well, there's nothing more to say than I just wrote. Last month it used about 400 mbytes by literally being online. Do you think it's because I'm sharing my activity on Spotify?Cheers

• Hey guys! Well, there's nothing more to say than I just wrote. Last month it used about 400 mbytes by literally being online. Do you think it's because I'm sharing my activity on Spotify? Cheers
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes