iPhone screen locking while playing and connected to charger

Solved!

Re: iPhone screen locking while playing and connected to charger

jeremyk20

iPhone 6

iOS 12.3.1

Spotify 8.5.15.681

Reinstall did not work for me. The spotify app is no longer telling the phone that it is in use so it goes to sleep. I wired a charger under my dash for this very reason. This is a hassle while driving and I can't just swipe the screen without looking as I normally do to skip. 

MicahC89

iPhone 6 Plus

ios 12.4 

Spotify version 8.5.15.681 

I’m still having the same issue as everyone else even after reinstall. Phone goes to sleep even while plugged in. 

Dmeech
Regular

Same issue here. This is very dangerous while driving. Reinstall did not fix the problem. Spotify please fix ASAP.

iphone x

audioserf
Visitor

Been having this issue ever since the update. Please fix this as it’s extremely annoying not to mention unsafe.

iPhone 8 Plus

iOS 12.4

Spotify 8.5.15.681

Thanks.

hermez-cz
Casual Listener

Hi there, I can confirm this, too. Reinstall (following the linked propper instructions) didn't help.

However, I'm experiencing the same problem with Dropbox (same/similar period), so that might be a broader iOS problem. You should Check it with Apple.

iPhone XS

iOS 12.3.1

Spotify version 8.5.15.681

robyseb
Casual Listener

Hi !

same issue here was looking since the last update what was the problem !!!

Please Fix this

Iphone 6S

Spotify Version: 8.5.15.681

alialiali1
Regular

@Guido This is clearly a defect introduced in a recent upgrade, you have enough users telling you what the problem is, at least acknowledge it and tell us you're working on a fix? To mt this defect is a showstopper and if not addressed I will likely cancel and switch to Apple Music.

omgiseeme3
Casual Listener

Same issue here, any update on a fix? This just started happening after the recent Spotify app update... 

iPhone 8

iOS 12.3.1

Spotify Version: 8.5.15.681

cam_oc
Casual Listener

iPhone 8

iOS 12.3.1

Spotify 8.5.15

Same problem, before the update my phone would not sleep if playing music in the car. Now it keeps going to sleep. Please release new version.

enigma7470
Casual Listener

I'm having this issue too, and it's dangerous because it takes my attention away from driving. Please fix this ASAP.

Thanks,

-J

SUGGESTED POSTS