Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 34 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 34 likes

Solved!! Please raise the song limit from 3,333 per device, PLEASE

I have lots of songs that I want on my device, and I've stopped using itunes becuase I hate having to pay per song or per album, so spotify is my only way to take my music with me. Spotify has been great except for the fact that the song limit per de...

• Regular
  • I have lots of songs that I want on my device, and I've stopped using itunes becuase I hate having to pay per song or per album, so spotify is my only way to take my music with me. Spotify has been g...
  • Fred
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Spotify app locking up

Every time the Progressive commercial comes up on the spotify app, it won't play and just sits there, locking up my device. I have deleted the app twice now with same results!

• Casual Listener
  • Every time the Progressive commercial comes up on the spotify app, it won't play and just sits there, locking up my device.  I have deleted the app twice now with same results!
  • Danadeedub
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashes whenever I try to log in

After the most recent Spotify iPhone update, whenever I try to login either using Facebook or my user/pass the whole app would crash and take me back to my home screen. I tried everything- deleting and reinstalling the app, resetting my phone, giving...

• Casual Listener
  • After the most recent Spotify iPhone update, whenever I try to login either using Facebook or my user/pass the whole app would crash and take me back to my home screen. I tried everything- delet...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Repeat One button bugs out with ads

Hello. I just installed the new version of Spotify on my iPad. The interface is going to take some getting used to, to be sure, but I adore the option for repeating a song without creating a special playlist for it! That said, though, I've been consi...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello. I just installed the new version of Spotify on my iPad. The interface is going to take some getting used to, to be sure, but I adore the option for repeating a song without creating a special ...
  • shepwy
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

A way to automatically turn Spotify off after some time?

Is there any way, and if not - is there any official wishlist thread - so I could make Spotify stop playing music after some time (say: 3 hours)? Reason is very simple - I tend to play music when going to sleep, and it would be great if it stopped af...

• Gig Goer
  • Is there any way, and if not - is there any official wishlist thread - so I could make Spotify stop playing music after some time (say: 3 hours)?   Reason is very simple - I tend to play mus...
  • Grace
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

music stops playing and gets stuck on certain tracks

I have two problems with the app on my iphone 5s, the first one is music just stops playing and my phone goes to homescreen. The app doesn't shut down it just kicks me out of it. If i go back in it doesn't even get through one song before doing it ag...

• Regular
  • I have two problems with the app on my iphone 5s, the first one is music just stops playing and my phone goes to homescreen. The app doesn't shut down it just kicks me out of it. If i go back in it d...
  • amandab18
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug? Spotify Doesn't Take Control of Volume Until Playing.

I have a problem on: iPhone 5 Spotify 1.6.0.1746. When Spotify first launches it doesnt take control of the volume until after you have pressed play on a track. When I plug my phone in to play music in my car I have spotify on maximum volume. If I th...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a problem on: iPhone 5 Spotify 1.6.0.1746.   When Spotify first launches it doesnt take control of the volume until after you have pressed play on a track.    When I...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Is there any way to play both sides of a stereo recording through an iPad speaker?

I love Spotify, am a premium subscriber, and use it almost every day; however, about 50% of the time, I listen on my iPad. I love that I can take my music everywhere this way. The only problem is when I listen to stereo recordings, I miss out on amaz...

• Regular
  • I love Spotify, am a premium subscriber, and use it almost every day; however, about 50% of the time, I listen on my iPad. I love that I can take my music everywhere this way. The only problem is whe...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Non Facebook users

The ios app's social aspect is extremely hindered by the inability/difficulty to share with non Facebook users. If a friend doesn't want a Facebook account; you are unable to share music with him/her by using the share with spotify people. Only peopl...

• Casual Listener
  • The ios app's social aspect is extremely hindered by the inability/difficulty to share with non Facebook users. If a friend doesn't want a Facebook account; you are unable to share music with him/her...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Facebook
    sharing
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

It takes forever to sync

I really dont know what has happened. It's taking ages to sync my playlists on my iPhone 4s.Never had this problem before, didnt make any sort of updates on my mobile or app and now it takes about a minute to sync just one song.My wifi is really fast...

• I really dont know what has happened. It's taking ages to sync my playlists on my iPhone 4s. Never had this problem before, didnt make any sort of updates on my mobile or app and now it takes about ...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify App Crash after Logging In

Hi,I'm having trouble logging in. The app hangs then it kicks me out.I've tried it on other device and it seems to be working fine.Please help. MOD EDIT: Edited title for clarity. - J

• Regular
  • Hi, I'm having trouble logging in. The app hangs then it kicks me out. I've tried it on other device and it seems to be working fine. Please help.   MOD EDIT: Edited title for clari...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Login
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

How to download an album ?

hello there, using the latest app - I just want to download an album to the iphone that it is available, for offline usage. (using premium account)Currently, Ifound just one solution to that, which is quit awkward: searching for the album, create a p...

• Regular
  • hello there,    using the latest app - I just want to download an album to the iphone that it is available, for offline usage. (using premium account) Currently, Ifound just one solution...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists aren't showing up on ipod touch

I intalled the app on my ipod touch and logged in, but for some reason my playlists dont show up that i already have set on my computer. please help

• Casual Listener
  • I intalled the app on my ipod touch and logged in, but for some reason my playlists dont show up that i already have set on my computer. please help
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists disappeared from iphone but Ok on laptop...?

Hi, I have a Spotify Premium account and have playlists which I can see on my windows laptop - they are all there but when I log into my old iphone 3 which is running Spotify IOs 4 my playlists have vanished. They have been there before because I use...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I have a Spotify Premium account and have playlists which I can see on my windows laptop - they are all there but when I log into my old iphone 3 which is running Spotify IOs 4 my playlists hav...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs in playlist differ from iPhone to iPad.

I'm following a playlist (Videogames / OC Remix) and on the iPhone it has a large variety (740+ songs) whereas on the iPad it only shows 111. What gives? It's the same account so I know it's not some international region type issue. Any suggestions?

• I'm following a playlist (Videogames / OC Remix) and on the iPhone it has a large variety (740+ songs) whereas on the iPad it only shows 111.  What gives?     It's the same account...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

On my iPod touch 4th generation I crash...

Whenever I open spotify on my iPod it loads fine. I click radio and then the one I want to play. Some song starts playing but nothing pops on my screen, said screen frozen. After a moment the music stops and the app crashes. Happens everytime I open ...

• Regular
  • Whenever I open spotify on my iPod it loads fine. I click radio and then the one I want to play. Some song starts playing but nothing pops on my screen, said screen frozen. After a moment the music s...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Not sync the songs in offline mode in iphone 5

Hi! One of my lists is not syncing in offline mode... I have never had this problem before until like 5 days ago... Can you help me? Otherwise I will cancel my subscription. Thanks

• Hi! One of my lists is not syncing in offline mode... I have never had this problem before until like 5 days ago... Can you help me? Otherwise I will cancel my subscription. Thanks
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlist / Shuffle Problem

All of my playlists (online and offline) are all stuck to Shuffle. I would like them to play in order and only to Shuffle when I press the "Shuffle" button (like it's supposed to work). Does anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks a ton! LE

• Casual Listener
  • All of my playlists (online and offline) are all stuck to Shuffle.  I would like them to play in order and only to Shuffle when I press the "Shuffle" button (like it's supposed to work).  D...
  • Entamut
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

iphone 4 app keeps crashing in the search function

i have latest apple software and latest spotify - i use the search function and it always comes up try again, i leave function to menu and go back and it works - however it then crashes when i search again and its loading!! so frustrating!!

• i have latest apple software and latest spotify - i use the search function and it always comes up try again, i leave function to menu and go back and it works - however it then crashes when i search...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New video ad option for 30min of ad-free listening RUINING Spotify

The newer option on Spotify to watch a 30 second clip to have 30 minutes of ad free listening is ruining spotify and I'm about to delete it from my phone. I understand they need ads for funding, and I like the idea of watching a video in exchange for...

• Visitor
  • The newer option on Spotify to watch a 30 second clip to have 30 minutes of ad free listening is ruining spotify and I'm about to delete it from my phone. I understand they need ads for funding, and ...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes