Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account has been deleted

Account has been deleted

Hi,

On Feb 12th spotify had taken my paymet for premium then proceeded to delete my account with all of my music and paylists. I confirmed this by making a new account with the same exact email address and username. I am very upset about this and might just end up going to apple music.

4 Replies

Hey, @lancebuckley3

Welcome to the Spotify Community!

According to your message, your account has been deleted. And you do not know why. I suggest you make sure you're trying to sign in to the right account and that your account isn't linked to Facebook. If you've already followed these steps, please check out this post below from the Spotify Help Center for more information on login issues.

Problems logging in

If login issues persist, you can still check the possible reason your account has been removed and try to troubleshoot this issue through the official Spotify support team. Check the link below for more information on the reasons that lead to an account being deleted.

Why has my account been disabled?

And finally, if you can not solve your problems in these ways, please contact Spotify's official support team so you can fix your problems and get back to listening to your favorite songs!

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi @lancebuckley3!

Sorry to hear that you think someone else has gained access to your Spotify account. Check out this Spotify Answer for the next steps to take.

Thanks!

Hey there @lancebuckley3,

Thanks for posting about this in the Community!

Keep in mind that it's not possible to create a new account using the same username. However, it's possible to create a new account using a similar display name. You can set up that display name by entering your preference to the "What should we call you?" box when signing up. You can find more info about this here.

Further, since you mention noticing unexpected changes to your account, we'd recommend making sure to follow all the steps here, including reaching out to us. This way, our support team can take a look behind the scenes for you.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

My account was deleted because, as i suppose , of using sidify which i though it was totally ok. I got frustrated and move to tidal after having for more than two years of premium account…

Suggested posts