Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

All my Spotify playlist's are gone!!

Solved!

All my Spotify playlist's are gone!!

Hello,

Yesterday 13/2-2012 all after restarting my computer all my spotify playlists where gone, how did this happen?

And can I get them back? There is one playlist especially which is over 800 songs that I have been collectiong for

more than 3 years, so you can understand my frustration. Please help me!!

My user name is Avingale and I am a premium subscriber.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Sorry to hear about that - it looks like they were mostly removed yesterday for some reason - any ideas at all?
In any case, I'll send them to you in an email. Check your inbox 🙂

[edit: just found a way to restore the playlists on our end, they should all be back now. so don't worry about getting an email]

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Brendonheinst- I can see that you've already been empaling with my colleagues. David sent you an email a few days but we haven't heard back--please have a look in your inbox for a message from us. 

subeinu - This issue here is you've got two accounts on our system--usernames 'subeinu' and 'sveinis92'.

Mostly likely you've logged into the wrong account. The majority of your playlists appear to be in 'sveinis92'. 

mdorao & helmutja - I've just done some maintenance on your accounts. Please see if your playlists have been restored.  

Marked as solution

Irene, it sounds like the same issue for you - see my instructions in the previous post.

For you, just sign in with the username 'irenepoelert'
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Marked as solution

Same king of problem, all my stared playlist is just gone durring the night...

I dont understand why, and i am a bit puzzled because i am gonna loose a lot of good tracks i will not find anymore.

So if you can fix my problem i will be extremely grateful

Xav (xavhan Premium User)

Marked as solution

Xavhan - Think I've found them... xavhan starred

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Marked as solution

Thanks 

you made my day!

Marked as solution

Xhisor - I'm sending an email to you now, keep an eye on your inbox.
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Marked as solution

Hi, I also lost all my tracks and when I try to play a track it states streaming is only available to premium members. I am a premium member. Please help.

Marked as solution

@Chincha wrote:
Hi I too have had a playlist vanish from my account, can anyone help with this??

I've just restored two playlists that were recently removed on your account. How's it looking now?

Marked as solution

Hi rparedes16- I've just had a look on your account and I can see 24 playlists--can you not see these at all?

Please try signing out and signing back in with your Facebook email/ password. Let me know if you're still unable to access your playlists.  In the meantime, a clean reinstall is also definitely worth a try. 

Marked as solution

Hey ChristopherCee - I've just done some behind-the-scenes maintenance on your account. 

Try a quick log out/ log in. You should find those playlists have returned. 

Marked as solution

Someonew my starred tracks and playlists are gone too, as of clicking on a facebook link today. aprpetnly it linked my account? i tried using this to fix the problem, ( i have a mac) when i went into preferences, there was no option to disconnect from my facebook account..

I would like to use spotify without being connected to facebook, or at least to have my starred songs and infromationg back! When logging in, I tried both facebook information and spotify information, and i get the same thing each time. Please help me split my two accounts so I can have all my old stuff bacl!

Marked as solution

PeterE - please get in touch through our contact form on this and we'll help you out.

agreten - I've deleted your duplicate account manually. Try signing in again now (with your username, rather than email address)

Marked as solution

121120374 - I've just taken a look at your account and it seems your playlists are all there. Strange. Try logging out and back in a few times.
Airhorn Enthusiast

Marked as solution

Tony - Just tried resetting your playlists. Do they appear now?
Airhorn Enthusiast

Marked as solution

Ktaborjr - Your playlists still appear to be there, are you logging in with the username 'ktaborjr' and your Spotify password?
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Marked as solution

Hey!

Just snipped your email out there. It seems that email did indeed have an account attached to it - I've now moved over any playlists that were on that account over to your Unlimited account.
Airhorn Enthusiast

Marked as solution

Hi,

It looks like there was a server issue this morning, it has been fixed now.

If you log in then out, your playlists should be back 🙂

Marked as solution

Hi everyone, 

How's that working for you now that you've logged back in again? Playlists syncing as normal?

Marked as solution

i have resolved my problem..i've re-built my playlist from what i had already printed..thanks every one

431 Replies
Marked as solution

Sorry to hear about that - it looks like they were mostly removed yesterday for some reason - any ideas at all?
In any case, I'll send them to you in an email. Check your inbox 🙂

[edit: just found a way to restore the playlists on our end, they should all be back now. so don't worry about getting an email]

Thank you so much!

help! all of mine are gone as well. i have no idea what happened to them. please help! thank you!

It looks like a duplicate account was created for you by accident, please just try signing in with your original username to get back to the original account. Connecting this account to Facebook will prevent the same from happening again.

Let me know if you need further help, I know it's a bit of a head-scratcher.

Help! All of my playlists disappeared yesterday morning!

Can I get them back?!?!

Jmtkalec, I can't find any playlist history on your account (it looks like the account was made only 2 days ago, and I can't find any duplicates) - how many did you have?

This is incredibly sad! I've had the account since last summer! I used my Facebook log in for it. Would my email address help that I use to log into Spotify with? Did you search that way? I don't know what information about my account you have linked to this post, I'd rather not post any other personal information about me publically. But I do use my gmail account to log in. I do have one other email address you can check. 😕

Thanks,

Juli

It was on the other email, I reset the password and it worked. Phew! However, this is beyond weird, this must be the original account I created, I've been logging in with Facebook ID every since, though. Regardless, I've found my playlists 🙂

Help me Spotify!    All of my playlists are gone too and I'm a premium member.    They are gone from my computer and mobile app.   I will cry if they are gone forever.   : (  

Hi Kdawnfrancis,

I believe you've also made a duplicate account. Were you able to create your own unique username when you joined Spotify? Or did you join through Facebook?

If you have your own username, please log out and log back in with this username (not your email address).

If you're still having trouble, or if you don't have this username, let me know. 

I have lost my playlists as well. Also every time I log in Spotify seems to think I'm a new member.. Help please!

Never mind. Figured out the problem. Spotify started prompting me using my facebook username, but the "missing" playlists were associated with my original spotify username, so it was part of the duplicate account problem.

All my playlists dissappeard yesterday to 😞 How Do I get them back?

Hi Bibi,

It seems you disabled Facebook from your Spotify account which deactivated your original account with us. 

You've now made a new account which you've been signing into. Not to worry, I've just sent you an email with the playlists from your deactivated accounted. 

My stuff disappeared as well. I'm guessing it's some sort of duplicate account issue after my mobile had trouble. Can you help?

Nevermind. Figured it out.

OK, so I guess I have two account, one with facebook and one without. Can you cancel the fb account so I can link facebook back to my actual account (the that is currently not linked to facebook)..

Hi David,

That Facebook duplicate has been deleted for you now.

You can connect your 'davidkrandall' account to Facebook by going through your Preferences, which can be accessed through Edit » Preferences in Windows or Spotify » Preferences in Mac.

Just scroll to the bottom and press 'Connect to Facebook' to get started.

Help, mine are gone too! I tried signing in with my user name and with my email address and I can't find my playlists - only really old ones that I don't use.

Suggested posts