Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Charged for premium on free trial

Solved!

Charged for premium on free trial

I've been charged 9.99 when I cancelled well before the 30 days were up. After trying to find a number to call, I find that I can only contact through the contact forms. After doing more research, I've seen how poor Spotify is in getting back to people with these problems. So not only can I not call to get immediate results, I have to wait for Spotify at their convenience to give me my money back. Which could be a couple months and another  9.99 charge.

Yes, I filled out your form to get help, but I don't get how an organization can get away with not posting some kind of customer service number. Especially when they're wrongfully taking peoples money. I've read a lot of cases having this same problem just in the past couple weeks.

I was a happy Spotify user until this happened, and this really puts a bitter taste in my mouth.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@jaimeclewis

Welcome to the Spotify Community!

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I got a refund by going directly to the money source. In my case its
paypal, so i went to paypal and severed the connection between my account
and spotify so if they want to charge me again i would need to approve it,
and I reported the charge as something i didnt authorize. within a few
hours spotify had given me a refund. If you are being billed through credit
card call your credit card provider and do the same thing; basically tell
them to not approve any payments to spotify and to dispute the past charges
or straight up cancel them.
Hit them in the money.

View solution in original post

134 Replies

Hi JMartinez,

An email from our team should be awaiting you in your inbox.

Have a look when you get the chance.

Thanks

Same thing happened to me pirateyqueen. However I was charged 4.99 the day i signed up for the "free trial" and got a 30$ overdraft fee. So far absolutely no customer support even tho i have opened several tickets.

Hi dustin - I can see my colleague has already sent a response your way. 

Please have look in your inbox (and your Spam filter) whenever you have a second. 

I have been charged for the premium when I cancelled the free trail. I haven't used Spotify since it charged me. Is there anyway I can get a refund?

@Rjones321 wrote:

I have been charged for the premium when I cancelled the free trail. I haven't used Spotify since it charged me. Is there anyway I can get a refund?

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

You will need to get in touch with customer services for that. You can send them an email using the online contact form and they will be able to look into this for you.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi there, 

I had the 9.99 taken out of my account for the free trial. Can you help?

best, 

Andrew

Andrew,

To get this sorted, you'd need to pop a message over to one of our advisors. Just click this way.

Airhorn Enthusiast

I just set up the free premium trail, I just looked at my bank account and I got charged for it?

Please get back! 

@user-removed wrote:

I just set up the free premium trail, I just looked at my bank account and I got charged for it?

Please get back! 

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you further with this.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Thank you very much for your help! 

I a wait their reply 🙂 

I was charged too. Please help, I just wanted to try the 30 days free and now I owe my mom money. I really don't want to keep getting charged because she won't trust me again.

Hi Dad-dee - You'll also need to use our contact form. Just note that if you get an automatic reply just relpy again--your message will reach us 🙂

Spotify keep chargeing me for premium although i cancelled it. In my account it says im on free trial and i have deleted the information to My creditcard, but that doesnt stop me from being charged. Feeling really angry and disapointed!

@suncat74 wrote:
Spotify keep chargeing me for premium although i cancelled it. In my account it says im on free trial and i have deleted the information to My creditcard, but that doesnt stop me from being charged. Feeling really angry and disapointed!

Hey! 🙂

It sounds like you actually have two accounts, one of which is still on premium. If you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they will be able to make sure it is all cancelled and make sure your not out of pocket. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

I have the same problem!!

I have been charged 9,99 yesterday for the service and I do NOT have the premium service active!! It didn't worked for the first time I activated it but now Spotify is charging me and I can not even find the movement on my bill history!

I already used the form and sent a message, bu still no reply.. . I don't know what to do!!! Can you help me please??? I dont have the service so i can NOT even cancel it NOW!!!

I can prove the charge on my card....

@theramed - Did you get a reply from support? If not, post your 8-digit case number and I will ask someone to check it out for you.

Peter

The problem is now solved!!!
I contacted support, they were fast, eficient and very fiendly. They solved my problem in less than 24h...

I have to say that spotify has one of the best online supports that I ever saw. And I'm usually very critic about this, in this case I have to congrutulate and say Good Job.

Thank you all for the help

Regards,

Tiago

I signed up for my "free" 30 day trial 7 days ago and was charged $9.99. WHY?!?!? That is not free in my book.

Suggested posts