Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Charged for premium on free trial

Solved!

Charged for premium on free trial

I've been charged 9.99 when I cancelled well before the 30 days were up. After trying to find a number to call, I find that I can only contact through the contact forms. After doing more research, I've seen how poor Spotify is in getting back to people with these problems. So not only can I not call to get immediate results, I have to wait for Spotify at their convenience to give me my money back. Which could be a couple months and another  9.99 charge.

Yes, I filled out your form to get help, but I don't get how an organization can get away with not posting some kind of customer service number. Especially when they're wrongfully taking peoples money. I've read a lot of cases having this same problem just in the past couple weeks.

I was a happy Spotify user until this happened, and this really puts a bitter taste in my mouth.

134 Replies

I have never tried the free trial and have been on free spotify for months now. I have been charged 9.99 and a 30$ over draft fee from my bank due to this being taken out i didnt not sign up for anything and i didnt not authorize a payment to be taken out! I have filled out a forum and have yet to hear anything. I would like my money back and i will be deactivating my spotify for good!

I am a high school student, so after I had put in my info for the Student deal, it asked me what college I go to. I had assumed it meant students in either college or high school. When I had checked my checkings account, I noticed that there was a charge of $5.40 ($4.99 plus tax) from Spotify. I thought it had been cancelled since I did not register as a college student, so I instead enrolled inn the $9.99 plan. Also, I checked Spotify subscribtions, and it had only said that I was under the $9.99 plan. Could you please take off the charge of $5.40, because I'm afraid I might be charged twice every month.

I forgot to mention that I never signed up with premium, so I should have a 30 free day trial (until November 5th)

Spotify has been charging my mastercard for last 7months, i do not an never have had the app , the company has no working number to contact them. At this time Spotify owes me $75.32, witch better be credited back to my card by the end of this date 10/11/2016.At no time did i authorize Spotify to use my account or provide them with my card information. I exspect immediate response.

I am having the same issue and can't find a number to call that doesn't have a recording. How on earth is one supposed to resolve wrongful charges with this company? Seems like a scam and totally dishonest when customers cannot get a hold of a representative. Unbelievable.

Hey Spotify, there's been taken 99 danish crowns from my account, even though i cancelled my premium account. I really dont have alot of money, so please look at my account and check! A boy i need.

Niels

I'm being charged 10.99 if I didn't purchase premium or anything from Spotify

I have the same issue just happened to me . I was charged on my account for some reason and I was not emailed a receipt with a confirmation of the charge. I know longer have access to my Spotify account therefore I cannot fill out a contact form. This is very unacceptable and unprofessional to charge customers who have not been prompted of charges.

I signed up for the free trial. I cancelled at the appropriate time & Spotify waited 3 months & has just recently started charging me $9.99. I just cancelled again. How do I get a refund & make sure this time my subscription is cancelled?

Same! I was charged for premium on free trial.

Yes same here!

I've got the same issue. i did the free month on the 18th of october and canceld it on the 15th of november and it charged me on the 21th of november

How do I get it for free please

We have had the same thing happen to us. This is a dispicable practice. My subscription tab says I am on Spotify FREE but I'm still being charged $9.99. I have called my bank and will be filing a dispute to have it removed. I have a case# from Spotify but I have no faith they will deliver.

I canceled my free trial and answered the questionaire and everything at the end. This morning I was chagred $9.99 and I checked my account and it now has me on a supsciption. I have contacted and used facebook because I want this figured out as soon as possible. I cant even find out how to delete my payment informaiton so Im not charged again.

i filled a dispute with them. my bank tried to get my money refunded to my
account an they denied me my money. i hope that my help them. Cause i
needed it myself.

i filled a dispute with them. my bank tried to get my money refunded to my
account an they denied me my money. i hope that my help them. Cause i
needed it myself.

I'm experiencing the very same thing!  I have a free account - that shows when I log into Spotify but every single month I have a $9.99 charge on my credit card.  I can't contact anyone on the phone.  I've written to support but the fact that it is so difficult to stop unauthorized payments is absolutely ridiculous.  Since you wrote their 4 weeks ago, I wonder if you were successful?  

I went directly to PayPal which is how I paid and made my concern through
there by reporting the charge.i was refunded a few hours later.

Suggested posts