Highlighted

Hide from devices on same network

Casual Listener

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

My Question or Issue

I use Spotify Premium at work- either on my phone or my computer.  Both are connected to the company network (LAN or WiFi).  Today I noticed my coworker's computer showed up on my list of devices. This is disturbing.  Do all devices with Spotify show up if they're on the same network, regardless of whether they're logged into the same account?  MAKE IT STOP!!!

4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Hide from devices on same network

Composer

As you are on the shared network of course your Spotify sees other computers but it doesn't means your colleagues can use your Spotify account. They can't see what are you listening either. So, ignore others from your available devices list.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Yeah, still not cool. My coworker hit "play" on his Sonos speaker and it
connected to my Spotify account and started playing my music on his
speaker. I had Spotify open on my computer (trying to figure out a way to
fix the problem), but wasn't playing anything. His speaker connected to MY
account on its own. Maybe not a big deal if this happens between friends,
but it is a problem in a professional setting. I don't understand why "of
course" different users have to see each other's devices just because
they're on the same network. I realize that is how it is right now, but
there should be a fix for this.

Highlighted

Visitor

Yea the "Of course" was not really necessary. I'm having the same problem at starbucks. Even though I'm logged into my personal Spotify account, random phones keep popping up on my device list, stopping the music on my laptop, and playing their own music. Thats like saying "Because you're on a shared WiFi network, everyone is now sharing bank accounts"

Highlighted

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting about this in the Community.

Regarding other devices on the same network connecting to your account: could you try going here, clicking on Sign Out Everywhere and seeing if it's still happening?

I had a dig in the Idea Exchange for relevant ideas to limit the devices that appear in your list of Connect devices. I found the following idea, however it has since become inactive:

If you'd like to submit a new idea with your suggestion, feel free to do so - you can then post a link to it in this thread so that other users can find it more easily.

Let us know if you need any help or have any further questions - we'll be right here.

PeterModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

SUGGESTED POSTS