Library Song Limit

Solved!

Re: Library Song Limit

lilbeatboxstar

It is rediculous how pathetic Spotify's response is. It shows they dont care about their users they just car about volume. I think i'll be moving to Google Play because of it. Yeah I'll miss out on a couple features but at least I can have all of my music in one place.

BreenX
Casual Listener

I've been using the service for about 3 months and I've filled up. NOT happy. May switch to something else.

mjdb71
Regular

This is exactly the reason why I switched to Google Play Music, even while Spotify has a more beaubeaut user interfacei

A limit of 10.000 songs is so 1990

mjdb71
Regular

I predict that this limit will kill their business....

When they remove this limit i will directly move with my whole family from Google play music back to spotify 

jeremysee
Casual Listener

Why is Spotify so hostile toward users who actually want to use their library?

Exhibit A: This issue

Exhibit B: No way to access my saved albums/songs from artist page in the app

GPM doesn't work like this.

Also, FYI for Spotify community team, lying to us about the issue doesn't help, it just alienates us more. The idea that you can't vastly increase the limit without degrading the experience for everyone is patently ridiculous. It's a list of bookmarks.

fitsos
Casual Listener

Fix it!

mirafacon

I also just discovered this... I have to say, I am quite disappointed =[

davidjyyu
Regular

Spotify's response is that "only 1% of users reach the 10,000 song limit."

1% of 70 million users is 700,000 people. That's seven hundred thousand of us who are experiencing cognitive dissonance on a daily basis as we try to reconcile our love for Spotify with our disdain for the non-sensical and punitive song limit.

I understand that there are costs associated with increasing the maximum song limit, costs that Apple, for instance, can more easily bear thanks to their enormous profits and mountains of cash. I am cognizant of the fact that the bottom line is important to this company, and being in a net loss position for the past few years is definitely one of the major sticking points for potential investors; the recent direct listing of Spotify shares will only compound investors' concerns.

But as the OP said: superusers should be rewarded, not punished. Fix. It. SVP.

Tijn1

I have the samen issue! Stuppid that they limited the library? Can't see why...

darkMatter0714
Casual Listener

I find it strange that a service that would want to keep you long term, would limit the number of songs you can save. This is very short-sighted. Spotify is no different than most of the tech companies these days. It is all about money and they don't give a **bleep** about the users.

SUGGESTED POSTS