Random song keeps interrupting my music

Plan—> Premium

Country—> Canada

Device

iPhone 7PLUS, Samsung SmartTV, MacBook Air

Operating System

(Idk what systems)

My Question or Issue

Hi! I have a problem that I desperately need fixed. 

I’ll be playing songs/playlist/artist, whatever it may be, and then midway through the song, a random song will start playing. When it first happened, I thought it was Alexa’s fault (I have Alexa hooked up to my Spotify account as my speakers, sometimes it will skip a song thinking it heard my voice command to do so) but that is not the case, since it keeps happening even when I’m not playing music through my Echos. I’ve played music via my cellphone, my TV, and my laptop, and all three have skipped playing a song midway and started playing a song called ak (artist aa), or another called Moment Up (artist Niccox). 

This has been happening for a while. I’ve browsed through “solved” similar problems and done what each suggests but nothing has helped. I’ve changed my password numerous times and logged out of everywhere. It’s still happening. It happened again just now. Can anyone help me fix this?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,

please  try this.

Remove access to any third party apps you don't recognize - there's more info on how to do that here.

Also remove any devices you see listed here.

Regards,

René

View solution in original post

20 Replies

Hi,

The most obvious reason would be that somebody else is using your account.

By changing the password, they shouldn't be able to log on anymore and you should be ok. But that doesn't work for you?

Regards,

René

I’ve changed my password maybe 3-4 times now. It keeps happening. Just happened again prior to me replying. 

Marked as solution

Hi,

please  try this.

Remove access to any third party apps you don't recognize - there's more info on how to do that here.

Also remove any devices you see listed here.

Regards,

René

This worked!!

I’ve been listening to my premium Spotify account interruption free since trying this! There were numerous things listed which I had no clue what they were, so I’ll have to keep an eye on this list to see if random things are added from here on out. 

Thank you you so much! 

I did both suggested fixes, didn't work 😞 Premium , Galaxy S9-- I have a screenshot of 1 song that interrupts my playlist music several times a day. I can't find artist or song on Spotify or the internet. I've tried all the fixes I could find to no avail. Help! I think it's a bug I got from a Spotify recommended playlists! a.k. is listed as group, song is fabrik. See screenshot attached. No words just super annoying beat over & over.

Lori Smith
Screenshot_20200111-012406_Spotify.jpg

Hey there @lorikelli,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

Just to clarify, have you tried the steps provided in this post as well as resetting your password?

If so, we'd recommend also trying all the steps listed in this support site article.

On another note, it'd be helpful if you could let us know if this happens only on that specific device. If this doesn't occur when accessing your account from a different device, we'd suggest performing a quick reinstallation of the app with these steps.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Yes, I've tried ALL suggestions. I've changed my password tonight due to new issue I posted
Lori Smith

Adding: it happens on both mobile devices I use. I don't use Spotify on my PC so not sure about that device? You seem really helpful, can you check out my issue I posted today? It's SUPER frustrating. Let me add to you regarding my today post. Every single song listed on homescreen in 'recently played' are not a song I listened to. Also, I tried doing a fix suggested back in 2016 but when I play a song the Recently played list doesn't show my songs played? Thank you
Lori Smith

Tried this no help
Lori Smith

Hi there @lorikelli,

Thanks for jumping back in! 

Can you just quickly confirm - what didn't work? The situation connected to Recently Played? Or securing your account? 

If you meant the songs in Recently Played not being updated correctly, we'll reply in the thread you've created for that. 

We'll be keeping out an eye for your reply 🙂

PetyaModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Same issue is happening to me. Some Sicilian Pianist. I've tried all suggestions in post to date and its still happening. 

Hey there @d2bwqjjf5skoagv,

Thanks reaching out here and welcome to the Community!

Just to clarify, do you recognize the songs that were added to your collection and have you noticed any other changes to your account recently?

There are several reasons, why unknown tracks might be added to your account. For full information on this, we suggest you take a look at this Spotify Answer.

Let us know how you get on and give us a shout if you still need help with this.

PetyaModerator

No - not from my playlist. Similar playlists to these others - Sicilian
Pianist is the most annoying. I've tried everything. It seems to only
happen to my playlists. Spotify has a bug or hacker...

My other reply doesn't seem to have posted?

I've seen this happening with the artists "Prince Japan" and "Ginvade". They get added to my playlist interrupting other songs and are set to repeat, so I can't skip past them.

I found someone on reddit that has seen this happening with "Prince Japan" too.

Both artists have newly released music (Jan 2020). Neither are in my playlists or to my taste.

I did have apps approved and I've now revoked every one of them.

I'm not able to check the offline devices, the URL 404s.

Happening to me too - Moon Relic: The Suncrest Fortitude. Whatever the **bleep** that is?

Just interrupts songs I am playing on my phone and PC - getting very annoying. Have logged out, changed password and un-linked 3rd party apps... will see if it still happens....

You are so right. Found fraud myself. THANKS SPOTIFY ;(

Unknown people in CA (I'm in WA) added themselves to my Spotify acct for months before I found it. Scarier is Spotify allowed them to change my billing address. They could(fraudulently) be verified as "family" location by Spotify.  Why doesn't Spotify have an algorithm to catch stuff like this since my billing credit card information was still a Washington State address, scarier is this isn't new I have found post dating back to 2014 with people stating the same exact thing I love Spotify but I just don't think I can trust my financial information with a company that lacks not only prevention but any type of follow-up. 

Lori Smith

Hello @lorikelli,

Thanks for bringing your concerns to the Community. We’re very sorry to hear this has happened to your account and appreciate you flagging it with us.

The security of your account and your personal information is very important for us at Spotify and our security teams are doing their best to keep them safe for you.

We are already sending notifications about new logins, so you can check any irregularities on your account and follow the steps here in case you notice anything unusual. Hopefully, it will not come to this! But should you loose access to your account, our support teams will be able to help you to secure it and hand it back to you good as new.

As a further precautionary measure we're now also sending out email notifications to Family plan managers when a new member joins their plan, allowing you to take immediate action when you notice that something's off.

There are also several things you can do yourself to ensure your account is well protected. We recommend you visit this support page to learn how.

Hope you will find this useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help out with!

Take care and have a great day ahead.

XeniaModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

How come it's the most annoying music doing this? I have an idea that it's someone or obviously several someone's who can hack and they're adding themselves to people's playlists so that they get paid by Spotify as if we would listen to that **bleep**!

Lori Smith

Never heard of the artist EVER. From the looks of the amount of listeners no one else has either. Is it getting hacked because if they're in a playlist then they get paid by Spotify? And they weren't added to just 1 playlist they were added to every single 1 of my 100+ playlists. Also they were added to my recently played songs and I never listened to them? About 2 months later I realized that three people were added to my account and my billing address was changed although they were still using my payment method to use Spotify they were another state never heard of them how they were able to get on as my family and they weren't actually at my address I'm stumped. Is getting to be little too many things happening Spotify needs to tighten up in my opinion. Edit: I went to the support page as you suggested and every item on there doesn't pertain to me. I change my password frequently, no apps ever of had access to Spotify, I only log in with Spotify, and I never use a public device or hotspot? I appreciate your reply unfortunately I cannot say it's a solution until I see that it really is.

Lori Smith

Suggested posts