Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Set Device Password

Solved!

Set Device Password

I am currently trying to set a device password but it wont allow me to.

I keep getting the message "We're sorry, your email address was not available, please try to log out, log back in and try again. If the problem continues, please contact support.". 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Spotify is looking into an issue with device passwords at the moment. For now, the workaround is to head to facebook.com > Settings > Security > App passwords > Generate app passwords, and generate one to use with Spotify.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi guys,

Contact Spotify support to verify your account. I had the exact same issue. Evidently, my account was hacked and the support team disabled my account for security reasons. Good luck!

Marked as solution

This still doesn't work. OVER a year later. 

It's not hard. Fix it.

50 Replies
Marked as solution

Spotify is looking into an issue with device passwords at the moment. For now, the workaround is to head to facebook.com > Settings > Security > App passwords > Generate app passwords, and generate one to use with Spotify.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have the same kind of a problem. I keep getting this message"We're sorry, your email address was not available, please try to log out, log back in and try again. If the problem continues, please contact support."
And I did what you wrote there, but it still doesn't help. I tried logging in with that user name written in spotify and with that password facebook gave me, but nothing! My problem isn't solved, can you help me?

I have the same problem 😞

I also have same problem

I solved the issue with the device password like described. But still I am not able to log into spotify on my MOPIDY computer. It does not allow me to use the facebook login and it does not allow me to use my assigned device user and password. Does somebody has an idea?

We're sorry, your email address was not available, please try to log out, log back in and try again. If the problem continues, please contact support.

What can i do with that

I've generated a password for Spotify in the Facebook generate app passwords, but it says incorrect username or password - what do I do now?

Looks like it's been fixed. "Set device password" is now one of the options on the left-hand side menu of "Account Settings", though you'll have to do it on a computer where you can be logged into Facebook. Once you do that and get your password, you can deactivate Facebook again and use that password to log in. Worked for me!

Yeah that didn't work for me either. You can now do it through spotify directly. Click on "account" (that should take you to your web browser and then you will need to log in using Facebook) and then you'll see "Set device password" on the left-hand side. Once you have that and your 10-digit ID, you should be able to deactivate fb and then log into Spotify using that "device password".

Having the same issue. Used the "set device password" function. Supposedly was to get an email with a link...not happened yet. What gives?

Any news here?

If i try to set a device password, there is a error message saying: "Das Kennwort konnte nicht festgelegt werden"

Same here ! unable to submitt a password

Same here...

Same here!

Same here.

same

Also. Remind me again why I pay for premium?

same here

Same here. I don't have a Facebook account and can't log in from any device.

Suggested posts