Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Suspended Account for Unauthorized Use

Solved!

Suspended Account for Unauthorized Use

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

My Question or Issue

I recently got an email stating: "It has come to Spotify’s attention that your account has engaged in unauthorized use of the Spotify service in violation of the Terms, including possibly engaging in unauthorized content downloads. Spotify has therefore suspended your access to the Service."

I message support and never got a response but my account suddenly became unsuspended. I assume they discovered I hadn't done anything in violation, but I was without service for a day trying to figure out why I couldn't log in.

Has anyone else had this issue? Just trying to figure out what happened or if one of my family members did something wrong.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @PB404,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

We suggest that you contact our customer support again so that they can have a closer look directly on your account of what's been happening.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi @frunr,

Thank you for your reply.

We understand, however we don't have access to your profiles and this is Spotify's security standards. We hope that you understand.

The Community is always one post away if you need us.

Take care!

JeremyModerator

View solution in original post

19 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @PB404,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

We suggest that you contact our customer support again so that they can have a closer look directly on your account of what's been happening.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator

I also had this problem today, july 8.   was able to get to a chat with support and there was no explanation about it., just suggesting i change my password etc.  They did fix it right away but no explanation.  does not make sense. 

Same issue, got it back, but for "security reasons" I'm not allowed to know why it happened or how to prevent it from happening again. So I guess Premium is a waste if it's not safe to download music or podcasts.

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies in this thread.

In this case we suggest that you head over to this article that provides you information on how to protect your account.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator

Thanks for the offer of help but I did exactly that yesterday , contact customer support , and was told exactly the same thing as younggazz had said above.  "for security reasons" they would not tell me what the issue was.,  It Is My Account im paying for the service and I think I have the right to know if my account was hacked. 

Marked as solution

Hi @frunr,

Thank you for your reply.

We understand, however we don't have access to your profiles and this is Spotify's security standards. We hope that you understand.

The Community is always one post away if you need us.

Take care!

JeremyModerator

Same email. Spotify did reactivate Acct.
Spotify refuses to tell me what caused issue or the definition of unauthorized downloads

How long was your account suspended for? Mine was recently disabled and no one in customer service can help me

I am having a similar issue at the moment, except customer service won't activate my account for me, or tell me what I supposedly did wrong

Hi, I am having the same problem since April 6 and I already went to the forum and they said they couldn't provide any information. I'm mad because I don't know why my acc was suspended for and I don't know if I will get it back 😕 I saw someone ask for their playlist to move to another acc but it didn't work for me.

Is it possible that you have Ukeysoft installed on your computer I found out that I had Ukeysoft installed but I uninstalled it and got my account back.

Thanks, I checked and I don't have that installed. I don´t think I'm getting my acc back tho 😕

Had this happen to me but no idea what caused it, hopefully it doesn’t happen again… wish I had more detail. Support unlocked account right away, very grateful.

yup out of the blue i got suspended. I got as far as an answer claiming a third party app at fault but they wouldn't\couldn't tell me what it was. Hard to fix what one doesn't know is broken. Last tech change i made was windows 11...guess Microsoft is the rat

I removed all my third party apps too but given I enjoy some of them it’s bothersome not knowing which caused Spotify to react.. if any…

I did and I regained access going through the link and canceled Premium. I did nothing wrong. Spotify punished me, the victim, by suspending the account and making me go through a long process to regain access which takes up to 24 hours. Then you have to change your password. When I went to cancel Premium a window popped and threatened me with ads and asked if I was sure. I was sure. I had been using Spotify since 2006 without any issues. July 3, of 2022. I upgraded to Premium. 4 days after the first $9.99 went out, on September 2, I was suspended.

Same thing exactly as happened to the person in the original post happened to me. I have not engaged in "unauthorized use". The only option I had to was to go to the Bot Chat and select Yes or No as to whether I would stop the "unauthorized use" that I was not engaged in thus impugning myself in the hope of getting the service reinstated. While I waited the 24 hours I looked into other services. Not only have I chosen DEEZER but once my Spitify account was reinstated I used TUNEMYMUSIC to transfer for *free* all the playlists seamlessly from Spitify to DEEZER. I downloaded all my Spitify album and artist name lists. And best of all I have terminated Spitify (by canceling Premium and deleted my account) one day ahead of when being charged for my next month with a free month of use on DEEZER. Whatever the poo poo is going on at Spitify has ended and over a decade long payed subscription. 

I also had same issue spotify suspended my number please help 🙏🏻🙏🏻

I have the same problem. I have no idea what happend. Sometimes I use VPN service on my computer, so I have a different IP (this use of VPN had nothing to do with Spotify). Was that the problem? But what does it have to do with "unauthorized content downloads"?

I'm really furious. I have been a Premium subscriber for ~10 years... And I will probably switch to another service. Sorry, but being a loyal customer for such a long time, and then they are randomly treating me like a thief - blocking my account without an explanation or warning - really p---- me off... I'm investing my $$$, time to create playlists, and just like that it's all gone...

Suggested posts