Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Username or Password incorrect (Error code: 3)

Solved!

Username or Password incorrect (Error code: 3)

Spotify first claimed i have an inactive email address after nearly 3 years, then stops me from using entirely... Payment has been taken from me of course!

Username or password is incorrect (Error code: 3).
I haven't changed jack up until now!...

So i can't even log in to achieve any different outcome.

How about just leave my account be.... let me use it flawlessly, as i have been a faithful customer for nearly 3 years and i will be so for many more to come if this garbage doesn't happen again.
If this is a test to see what crap your customers will put up with and how little service you need to provide, then i will be promptly moving onto Deezer.
I will measure this based on the customer service provided.

Fix it now thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The solution for this problem is below:

Go to spotify.com/account, you will see all the information about your account, here in the Profile, you will see your username: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Username

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Email

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com

Copy that username and use your password, and log in to table/PC/smartphone whatever, you won't get the error again.

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Hello ,

I had similar issue and found that it was already solved by community of passionate users in following thread 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Error-code-3/m-p/1248992/highlight/...

Fix in my case worked and it was simply to use user name only from registered email i.e. if xxxxxx@gmail.com was email id  used for registration then instead of using entire email xxxx only needs to be entered in client  (desktop app) with required password .

Hope it works for you too .

Cheers ! 

How can that be at all right????

Worked for me, thanks......mildly annoying, but all sorted!

they want you to use "THE PASSWORD"that we forgot about and make a new if i knew my old password i wouldn't need to reset it make a different one please help please cancel my subscription i like it better free thank

Your username for the app is apparently just the first part of your email before the @

I tried and tried to get into my account with my email address and password, but kept getting the error code 3 come up. After a lot of frustration, password changing and searching the web for answers, it suddenly occurred to me that I should try using my user name instead of my email address. Hah!!! I got staight in. What a relief! Hope this helps.

By the way, my user name is mike888887 and my email is michaelantxxxx@xxxxxx, so using the first part of my email wasn't the case for me.

Wow!! It worked for me too, thanks, but...

This thread is 3 months old and this error, so simple and so annoying, is still there!!!

It clearly says that you have to input your email but you actually have to use your username (which is not necesseraly your email minus @xxx.com) instead of your email. 

Not everybody have the patience to go search for the problem, find it here, and then go search for the username created some time in the past. Just make it work with the email, spotify!

Thanks it worked..its silly that they dont have it posted on the FAQ...Thank you again

I'm glad it helped. I guess Spotify is such a massive organisation that it can't be on top of everything all the time, but simple things like this, as you say, should be made clear in the FAQ section. Something so simple, yet it's causing so much unnecessary frustration.

Holy heck that is some boneheaded, unintuitive software development. Who are these people who program things like this? Not a single indication that I would need to enter anything other than my email address, and yet this solved my problem.

I had this problem too and I solved because my login way was wrong. I put my complete email adress instead to put only the login name (or first email name). Try it. It worked for me.

**bleep** you

Marked as solution

The solution for this problem is below:

Go to spotify.com/account, you will see all the information about your account, here in the Profile, you will see your username: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Username

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Email

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com

Copy that username and use your password, and log in to table/PC/smartphone whatever, you won't get the error again.

Suggested posts