Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • kafkaU
  • 965 replies
  • 108 likes
  • Account
  • 965 replies
  • 108 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Hobbit70
  • Visitor
  • 70 replies
  • 10 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 70 replies
  • 10 likes

Can´t log in

I´m on Free Spotify and I moved country so I need to change country in my account, but when I try to do that it tells me to update the payment details, which I don´t have, so I can´t change country and I can´t use Spotify. I sent an email asking for ...

• I´m on Free Spotify and I moved country so I need to change country in my account, but when I try to do that it tells me to update the payment details, which I don´t have, so I can´t change country a...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Not recognizing Premium on Windows Phone

I just upgraded to premium, tried signing out and in, tried with facebook, true checking my account info, and every other solution that google and these forums can provide. So far, I can play one song on premium before it reverts my activity back to ...

• I just upgraded to premium, tried signing out and in, tried with facebook, true checking my account info, and every other solution that google and these forums can provide. So far, I can play one son...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Other
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Changed my mind about premium cancelation!?!

Hello people! Is it too late for me to change my decision to cancel my premium membership?! According to my account information my subscription is due to expire tomorrow. Any help would be awesome!

• Hello people! Is it too late for me to change my decision to cancel my premium membership?! According to my account information my subscription is due to expire tomorrow.  &nbsp...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Free Trial

I tried to get the free trial and got an error about my bank having a bad day and said that I wasn't charged but I have two $1.25 charges (not under the pending like the help section). It says I'm still free on my account and the app. I've reinstalle...

• I tried to get the free trial and got an error about my bank having a bad day and said that I wasn't charged but I have two $1.25 charges (not under the pending like the help section). It says I'm st...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Free
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Anyone else canceling because they got rid of the apps?

First they completely refused to support Chromecast, then they remove the apps. The only ones I used were Musixmatch and Tunewiki (later part of Musixmatch). Having the lyrics scrolling on-screen as I was listening was awesome and they killed it. I'd...

• First they completely refused to support Chromecast, then they remove the apps.     The only ones I used were Musixmatch and Tunewiki (later part of Musixmatch).   Having the l...
  • johnohod
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I de-activate my existing account so I can open a new one

Hi. I want to close/deactivate my current SPOTIFY account. I then want to reopen a new account

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. I want to close/deactivate my current SPOTIFY account. I then want to reopen a new account
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Premium to Premium Student Discount

I am currently a spotify premium user and I didn't add in my school to get the student discount. I understand that the discount applies for the next renewal and I manually added in my school, getting a notification. However when I check my subscripti...

• I am currently a spotify premium user and I didn't add in my school to get the student discount. I understand that the discount applies for the next renewal and I manually added in my school, getting...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Password was changed without consent. Cant log in, says email is invalid.

I was kicked off of spotify today. I tried to log in and it said my password was incorrect. Ive been trying all day so i know it wasnt caps or a typo. Ive also tried resetting my password but it tells my that my email is invalid, which is strange bec...

• I was kicked off of spotify today.   I tried to log in and it said my password was incorrect. Ive been trying all day so i know it wasnt caps or a typo.   Ive also tried resetting m...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
    Security
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Enter a valid zip code

I am trying to buy a premium subscription, but whenever I try to enter my zip code, it tells me it is invalid, I from canada vancouver. thanks

• I am trying to buy a premium subscription, but whenever I try to enter my zip code, it tells me it is invalid, I from canada vancouver.   thanks
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Free
    Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

can't create a new account with an unused email?

I want to create a new account with a email that is different from the one I am using on this account. However, Spotify will not let me use the email I wish to use because there seems to be an account already linked to it. I do not have an account li...

• I want to create a new account with a email that is different from the one I am using on this account. However, Spotify will not let me use the email I wish to use because there seems to be an accoun...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Free
    Login
    Other
    Security
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I got verified for spotify college discount, but...

I got verified for the sudent discount, but when i go to pay it charges me 9.99! ??

• I got verified for the sudent discount, but when i go to pay it charges me 9.99! ??
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

following

i unfollowed everyone in my following list because the number it said i was following 60, totally not what i am following. So i unfollowed everyone and now it says i am following 39 people. please help.

• Casual Listener
  • i unfollowed everyone in my following list because the number it said i was following 60, totally not what i am following. So i unfollowed everyone and now it says i am following 39 people. please he...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Changed password on Facebook. Now Spotify account is gone.

I just changed my password on Facebook. Then soon after, Spotify logged me out. I try to log back in through the Facebook link. I log in successfully, and then I see that all my playlists and my premium subscription is gone. I don't know what to do. ...

• Visitor
  • I just changed my password on Facebook. Then soon after, Spotify logged me out. I try to log back in through the Facebook link. I log in successfully, and then I see that all my playlists and my prem...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Security
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost access

I have an account that I am now no longer able to access that was once connected with facebook. I try to sign in to it and all it has done is made me a new one connected with facebook and I no longer have any music or playlists or anything. My origin...

• Regular
  • I have an account that I am now no longer able to access that was once connected with facebook. I try to sign in to it and all it has done is made me a new one connected with facebook and I no longer...
  • JemmaW
  • Regular
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Change Account Country being Free but had been Premium before.

Hi, I was Premium user two years ago. Now I've moved to another country. My problem is I can't change my country in my preferences because I need to change my billing address to the other country. To do that I need to be premium. But I'm using a Free...

• Visitor
  • Hi,   I was Premium user two years ago. Now I've moved to another country.  My problem is I can't change my country in my preferences because I need to change my billing address to th...
  • mattpower
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Free
    Other
    Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Facebook account deleted - need access to Spotify

Hi, My facebook account was yesterday deactivated and made into a "page" without any prior warning. My spotify account is linked to FB with a paid subscription. How can I access as I no longer have access to my FB account. I have just had to create t...

• Hi,   My facebook account was yesterday deactivated and made into a "page" without any prior warning.   My spotify account is linked to FB with a paid subscription. How can I access...
  • ErickRGuetta
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Please stop charging my credit card

Hi there! I don't use spotify, but my credit card gets charged every month for premium! I don't know who got my credit card details and i don't care. All i want is for you to stop charging my card. I have tried to contact spotify support 3 to 4 times...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there! I don't use spotify, but my credit card gets charged every month for premium! I don't know who got my credit card details and i don't care. All i want is for you to stop charging my car...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
    Subscription
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Threats

Hello, I have my very own personal stalker who is not only following all my friends and family, but also made a play list with my name, containing songs about murder. I would like to know what Spotify is going to do about this? I am being harrased in...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I have my very own personal stalker who is not only following all my friends and family, but also made a play list with my name, containing songs about murder. I would like to know ...
  • kyhd
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Security
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot remove "new" notifications in the Mac app.

So, the blow horn icon in the Mac app is showing a new notification. Unfortunately, that "new" notification doesn't go away when viewed. Also, I can't clear the list of notitications. The design of that feature is STUNNINGLY bad. Others have mentione...

• Casual Listener
  • So, the blow horn icon in the Mac app is showing a new notification. Unfortunately, that "new" notification doesn't go away when viewed. Also, I can't clear the list of notitications. The design of t...
  • atillman89
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

I've created a duplicate account on accident!!

I can't log onto my original Spotify Premium account. Spotify seems to have created a dupliate account on Facebook for me and I can't figure how to get my original account back. Any help?

• I can't log onto my original Spotify Premium account. Spotify seems to have created a dupliate account on Facebook for me and I can't figure how to get my original account back. Any help? 😞
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes