Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

How to Prevent Third-Party Apps from Misusing Your Spotify Account

I recently discovered that a third-party app was using some Spotify accounts to sell streams, and this led me to understand the importance of managing third-party apps' access to my account. Here is how you can prevent this from happening to you. Fir...

• Rising Star 4
  • Rising Star 4
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Security
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • Not applicable
  • 970 replies
  • 108 likes
  • Account
  • 970 replies
  • 108 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Hobbit70
  • Visitor
  • 70 replies
  • 11 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 70 replies
  • 11 likes

Being charged twice

I have one Spotify Unlimited account (£4.99 per month) that I upgraded to Premium (£9.99 per month) - I'm now being charged BOTH amounts each month. How can I contact someone to get a refund?

• Casual Listener
  • I have one Spotify Unlimited account (£4.99 per month) that I upgraded to Premium (£9.99 per month) - I'm now being charged BOTH amounts each month. How can I contact someone to get a refund?
  • bobjonestpr
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Subscription
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I try to pass from Spotify Unlimited to Orange Spotify Premium

Hi, Yesterday, I subscribed to Orange Spotify Premium and I unsubscribed to my Spotify Unlimited, but as my Spotify Unilimed will end on the 12-27-2013, apparently I cannot activate the Premium function... so now, I pay both subscription but for usin...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, Yesterday, I subscribed to Orange Spotify Premium and I unsubscribed to my Spotify Unlimited, but as my Spotify Unilimed will end on the 12-27-2013, apparently I cannot activate the Premiu...
  • ma2leines
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Subscription
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

uppgradera

Jag har unlimeted 12mån, men när jag registrerade det gjorde jag fel,et var meningen att jag skulle ha 6 mån premium istället.Jag har försökt att ändra på detta men det går inte. HJÄLP

• Jag har unlimeted 12mån, men när jag registrerade det gjorde jag fel,et var meningen att jag skulle ha 6 mån premium istället.Jag har försökt att ändra på detta men det går inte. HJÄLP
  • Christoffer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

WTF a Walmart add on premium?

I pay money not to hear ads, fix this or my account will be canceled!

• I pay money not to hear ads, fix this or my account will be canceled!
  • Josh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I accidentally applied a gift card to MY account instead of the gift receivers account!

I accidentally applied a gift card to MY account I purchased for someone else to start a new account. It applied the funds to my account that I already have re occuring payments on, and I need to apply them to a different account.

• Casual Listener
  • I accidentally applied a gift card to MY account I purchased for someone else to start a new account. It applied the funds to my account that I already have re occuring payments on, and I need to app...
  • Josh
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
    Subscription
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Account problem, (spotifuggle opens wrong account)

The problem is that, when I try to log into my Facebook's spotify account i expect to be logged in "account A" (which used to be my original FB's account) but it logs in "account B" (a new one) with exactily the same facebook user, and i'd like to ha...

• The problem is that, when I try to log into my Facebook's spotify account i expect to be logged in "account A" (which used to be my original FB's account) but it logs in "account B" (a new one) with ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Recently Played Artists

My recently played tracks don't show anywhere on my app for my iphone or on my mac..I want my friends to see what I have been listening to

• My recently played tracks don't show anywhere on my app for my iphone or on my mac..I want my friends to see what I have been listening to 
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Premium account hacked

My account was hacked at some point inthe last week. I'vebeen forced to create a new account so I can post to the forums in the hope of getting some sort of support from the community as Spotify themselves are doing nothing.

I found out the account ha...

• Casual Listener
  • My account was hacked at some point inthe last week. I'vebeen forced to create a new account so I can post to the forums in the hope of getting some sort of support from the community as Spotify them...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

HELP!! I'm having so many problems logging in, firstly I've been using spotifuggle for years now and was a premium member for well over a year until I cancelled it, left spotify for a while, came back to it and I can't log in with my user name OR my ...

Why I no longer use spotify.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  • HELP!!   I'm having so many problems logging in, firstly I've been using spotifuggle for years now and was a premium member for well over a year until I cancelled it, left spotify for a whil...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Free
    Login
    Other
    Premium
    Security
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I would like to merge my accounts

Hello. I would like to merge my two accounts. I have one old with the username Mikaelh89 and one newer account that I got when I started a premium subscription through Telia. The newer is connected to my Facebook account.

• Visitor
  • Hello.   I would like to merge my two accounts. I have one old with the username Mikaelh89 and one newer account that I got when I started a premium subscription through Telia. The newer is ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can I link to Spotify from a commercial site?

The Subject line pretty much covers my question. To be more specific - can I refer readers to a song from within a subscription based (paid) web resource like an online magazine article - and put the Spotify link for that on my site in that paid arti...

• Casual Listener
  • The Subject line pretty much covers my question. To be more specific  - can I refer readers to a song from within a subscription based (paid) web resource like an online magazine article  -...
  • johnakline
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify help

i have a problem because when i try to log in spotify with my facebook acc there comes another nickname and all my playlist are gone pls help :).........sry for my bad eng

• Casual Listener
  • i have a problem because when i try to log in spotify with my facebook acc there comes another nickname and all my playlist are gone pls help :).........sry for my bad eng
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

was getting a message that spotify was having problems getting funds from paypal

My card was compramised and I had been given another so Iv'e updated paybpal with new card. Hope this resolves problem

• Regular
  • My card was compramised and I had been given another so Iv'e updated paybpal with new card. Hope this resolves problem
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My spotify is being used by a person other than me

Please can you log me out of all devises on my spotify account, I've already changed my password, they just refuse to log out. Thank you

• Casual Listener
  • Please can you log me out of all devises on my spotify account, I've already changed my password, they just refuse to log out. Thank you
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Why am I still being charged?

I had premium for a while but am now on standard, but Spotify are still billing my credit card monthly. Why? And how can I get them to stop? Despite being charged, it invotes me to upgrade(!) I suppose it would be ridiculous to ask if there was a pho...

• Casual Listener
  • I had premium for a while but am now on standard, but Spotify are still billing my credit card monthly.  Why?  And how can I get them to stop?  Despite being charged, it invotes me to ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

HELP with US gift subscriptions from UK with US credit card

I am in the UK want to purchase a gift subscription for a friend in the US. I have a US credit card but the spotify website keeps saying 'timed out'

• Casual Listener
  • I am in the UK want to purchase a gift subscription for a friend in the US. I have a US credit card but the spotify website keeps saying 'timed out' 
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Premium account not working

I just tried to log off of Facebook into my premium account because I didn't want people seeing what I was listening to, and after that Spotify was restarted by itself and when it was opened again, my account was changed to a free account, without do...

• Regular
  • I just tried to log off of Facebook into my premium account because I didn't want people seeing what I was listening to, and after that Spotify was restarted by itself and when it was ...
  • Jack_H
  • Spotify
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Facebook Email Address not updated

Changed my facebook email address a week ago, but am unable to update or change my Spotify email address. Will be closing my old email any day now and want to ensure my emails come to the right place... can anyone asdvise Thanks

• Changed my facebook email address a week ago, but am unable to update or change my Spotify email address. Will be closing my old email any day now and want to ensure my emails come to the right place...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! odd situation, account now disabled

Hi all, i'm in a weird situation. Paypal recently changed their security measures, and in doing so for some odd reason pulled a chargeback from Spotify without my permission, I've gotten a message from someone named "Joe" at Spotify saying he cannot ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all, i'm in a weird situation.  Paypal recently changed their security measures, and in doing so for some odd reason pulled a chargeback from Spotify without my permission, I've gotten a m...
  • ankitsid16
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cant log in to my spotify account on desktop

I just signed up for spotify free and I can't get my account to login on my desktop. I use my correct account info and was even able to log in on the spotify website. I reset my password several times and it still wont work. The only error message i ...

• Casual Listener
  • I just signed up for spotify free and I can't get my account to login on my desktop.   I use my correct account info and was even able to log in on the spotify website. I reset my password...
  • demorrison2884
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes