Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

How to Prevent Third-Party Apps from Misusing Your Spotify Account

I recently discovered that a third-party app was using some Spotify accounts to sell streams, and this led me to understand the importance of managing third-party apps' access to my account. Here is how you can prevent this from happening to you. Fir...

• Rising Star 3
  • Rising Star 3
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Security
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • CeliMaga
  • Casual Listener
  • 967 replies
  • 108 likes
  • Account
  • 967 replies
  • 108 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Hobbit70
  • Visitor
  • 70 replies
  • 11 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 70 replies
  • 11 likes

purple songs

how long does it take for a purple song to go back to being able to be played? i know that spotify does this after 5 plays but i'm wondering if this gets reset

• how long does it take for a purple song to go back to being able to be played? i know that spotify does this after 5 plays but i'm wondering if this gets reset
  • Stupify
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

1 spotify account, 2 FB accounts

my 2 daughters want 1 spotify account but they have 2 FB accounts how do we manage?

• Casual Listener
  • my 2 daughters want 1 spotify account but they have 2 FB accounts how do we manage?  
  • Stupify
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Not a Facebook User

I'm a premium user & I know I have friends that use spotify. But when I locate them & try and add them to my "friends list" I get this error message : Failed to Enable Spotify Socail. Which is horse crap. I'm just not on FB. Anyways around this so I ...

• Visitor
  • I'm a premium user & I know I have friends that use spotify. But when I locate them & try and add them to my "friends list" I get this error message : Failed to Enable Spotify Socail.  W...
  • Stupify
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

GOT BILLED FOR PREMIUM AFTER FREE TRIAL WITH NO REMINDER EMAIL

it's seems that no matter how often this happens, they still aren't fixing anything. i signed up for the 30 day trial..i've barely used spotify in those 30 days and was planning on canceling it. but i got no email or notification of any kind remindin...

• Casual Listener
  • it's seems that no matter how often this happens, they still aren't fixing anything. i signed up for the 30 day trial..i've barely used spotify in those 30 days and was planning on canceling it. but ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Profile locked to US

Hi! I am trying to sign up for a premium account, but for some reason my profile is locked to the US as country, where it should be Norway which is where I live! When I try to pay, the system does not accept my credit card as it is not from the US! P...

• Hi!   I am trying to sign up for a premium account, but for some reason my profile is locked to the US as country, where it should be Norway which is where I live! When I try to pay, the sys...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No downloads showing up after redeem code used

I bought a £10 gift card and used it to add 15 downloads to my account, but no downloads are showing up and I can't download any songs. I wrote into community help before, and they said email support, and I emailed support and they told me to ask com...

• Casual Listener
  • I bought a £10 gift card and used it to add 15 downloads to my account, but no downloads are showing up and I can't download any songs. I wrote into community help before, and they said email support...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't log in

Every time I try to log in, Spotify tells me that "your country does not match the one set in you profile". I don't understand why, beacuse I haven't used Spotify in any other country than where I signed up.. I just purchased Spotify Premium to fix t...

• Every time I try to log in, Spotify tells me that "your country does not match the one set in you profile". I don't understand why, beacuse I haven't used Spotify in any other country than where I si...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

SOB please help

My spotify is acting up and not completing the songs. It always stops the track 1:28sec into the song. and it won't play the next song when I choose to skip tracks. Not even the radio works properly. I've deleted the app and done everything to try an...

• Casual Listener
  • My spotify is acting up and not completing the songs. It always stops the track 1:28sec into the song. and it won't play the next song when I choose to skip tracks. Not even the radio works properly....
  • rbriones79
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Deleted Playlists/ Premium. Urgent Case # 00223194 Time Sensitive

Hello, I have a Spotify premium service and I accidentally deleted a playlist that is very important to me, named Nancy Party. I synch up with 2 devices, my work computer and my personal Mac Pro. I am having a party tomorrow and I need to have that p...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I have  a Spotify premium service and I accidentally deleted a playlist that is very important to me, named Nancy Party.  I synch up with 2 devices, my work computer and m...
  • mvilla29
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Where are the Dead Skeletons

The Dead Skeletons are a band from Iceland that I learned about from NPR.ORG. I'd love to be able to access them from Spotify.

• Casual Listener
  • The Dead Skeletons are a band from Iceland that I learned about from NPR.ORG.  I'd love to be able to access them from Spotify.
  • rblument
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! canceled subscription but im still getting billed

And last time I.posted this I was told by a moderator I would get contacted and nothing happened"!! I am soooo unhappy with spotify!

• Regular
  • And last time I.posted this I was told by a moderator I would get contacted and nothing happened"!! I am soooo unhappy with spotify!
  • Richard
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! My facebook linked to another spotify account

Hi I want to sign up for Spotify but when I try i am automatically signed in to my sisters account through my facebook accout. Is it possible to unlink these to enable me to sign up from scratch for my own account. Thanks Tamsin

• Regular
  • Hi    I want to sign up for Spotify but when I try i am automatically signed in to my sisters account through my facebook accout. Is it possible to unlink these to enable me to sign up ...
  • TamsinScott
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

30 Day Free Trial

I've just acticated the 30day free trial, I look on my subsciptions and it says 2 Day Premium, Slighty confused here and say's i'll be charged £0.00 on the 25/8/12.

• Casual Listener
  • I've just acticated the 30day free trial, I look on my subsciptions and it says 2 Day Premium, Slighty  confused here and say's i'll be charged £0.00 on the 25/8/12. 
  • bradumz
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Account country

Hello..Ive try'd to change my spotify country settings, on the site, and on facebook. But none of them works, what the hell do I do?

• Hello.. Ive try'd to change my spotify country settings, on the site, and on facebook.  But none of them works, what the hell do I do? 
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Forgotten password and no access to email address

Hiya, I was just wondering if anyone could help me out. I have forgotten my spotify password and can not access the password reset email as its being sent to an email address I no longer have access to (I registered with my uni email address and now ...

• Hiya, I was just wondering if anyone could help me out. I have forgotten my spotify password and can not access the password reset email as its being sent to an email address I no longer have acces...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

charging me twice and giving me no premium service

I have been trying to contact Spotify for months and recieve no reply. I have charged twice since November 2011 a month for an account in my name and also it seems Im paying for another user as well not known to me through my bank account. Countless ...

• I have been trying to contact Spotify for months and recieve no reply. I have charged twice since November 2011 a month for an account in my name and also it seems Im paying for another user as well ...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Subscription

Hi I was wondering if I could get a refund on my recent subscription. I signed up for the 1 month trial, but forgot to cancel my subscription by the end of the trial. I have already canceled my subscription on the day I was charged. I cancelled becau...

• Hi I was wondering if I could get a refund on my recent subscription. I signed up for the 1 month trial, but forgot to cancel my subscription by the end of the trial. I have already canceled my subsc...
  • Sam
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Disabled

Hey I subscribed to a premium account, and when my credit card was cancelled, and the payment failed, my Spotify playlists and music was all frozen in grey and you can't click on any of it. I dont want to go back to a premium account, just a free one...

• Hey I subscribed to a premium account, and when my credit card was cancelled, and the payment failed, my Spotify playlists and music was all frozen in grey and you can't click on any of it. I dont wa...
  • Sam
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

May be another user. Want password every login

Hello there! I suspect another user to be using my spotify account. I probably logged in at some party and checked the remember password box. I want spotify forget my password at any IP-address (computer). This way my music isn't being stopped all th...

• Hello there!   I suspect another user to be using my spotify account. I probably logged in at some party and checked the remember password box. I want spotify forget my password at any IP-ad...
  • Sam
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

i juts download songs

hey there, im new with spotify premium, i go on mobile and i have downloaded some songs... but...have i BOUGHT them? will i pay them? or have i turned on off-line mode? help please

• hey there, im new with spotify premium, i go on mobile and i have downloaded some songs... but... have i BOUGHT them? will i pay them? or have i turned on off-line mode? help please
  • Sam
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes