Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App update - Can't sort artists alphabetically?

Solved!

App update - Can't sort artists alphabetically?

The App updated this morning and now my artists page is sorted by last played so I can't find anything unless I scroll through the whole list. Can I change this so it sorts them alphabetically so I can actually find what I want quickly?

Not a fan of this update.

62 Replies

I believe your answer is at best a work-around for an obvious feature that Spotify seems to have deliberately removed. Spotify apparently wants to force us to "Follow" every artist in our saved music library in order to do something as simple as sorting alphabetically. I think this dependency on clicking "Follow" yields a really bad user experience. And unfortunately, there's no recourse to get Spotify to add back in this simple feature except to complain on this forum, which may never be seen by anybody on Spotify's design or development teams. Sigh. Probably time to consider switching streaming services to one with a better user experience.

Done with Spotify now and on to Amazon Music Unlimited. In addition to the serious problem of not being able to sort artists alphabetically, the Android app got corrupted and would have required a reinstall and the reloading of all my downloaded music. VERY happy so far, the interface is enormously better. Its like they actually thought about how the user interacts with the software.
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

We appreciate your feedback on the new Your Library.

The best way to provide your feedback going forward is to vote for the idea which is relevant to your suggestion. Several users have already created a few relevant ideas, including:

To learn more about how saving music to Your Library works, make sure to check out this Spotify Answer.

If you're experiencing any issues which you believe are not the expected behaviour of the app, make sure to create a new thread in the relevant help board here - we can then jump in and help you troubleshoot your issue in that thread.

Thanks! Take care for now 🙂

Suggested posts